ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thashing smaller engined clio’s...

ST

How many of you on here like to give your clio a good thrash now n then, as a result what sort of MPG do you get overall?

Mk1s and 2s.

2003 1.2 16v, nearly on 18k, 36.8 MPG, driven hard once/twice a week.

Polo + Micra

i allways give my 1.6 a good thrashing when i actually drive it

normally get around 30mpg

Ziel Nurburgring

Bloody hell, the 172 gets raped everywhere and still returns 32mpg. Thought smaller engined meant more economical

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

When I used to thrash my my 1.4 8v it hovered around 32mpg, lowest I ever got it was 27mpg! Now that Ive calmed down a lot I get 40mpg pretty much every tank.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 05 May 2005

When I used to thrash my my 1.4 8v it hovered around 32mpg, lowest I ever got it was 27mpg! Now that Ive calmed down a lot I get 40mpg pretty much every tank.
PMSL!!!! Maybe them F1s will last that little bit longer eh ;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I used to rag the tits off my old 1.4 RT.

Used to be able to get 40 - 50 miles per £5 of petrol, dunno how that relates to MPG.

1.4 16v 7500 miles, about 31mpg! seams crap i dont think its accurate, its said between 27 and 41 before!

i get about 450 miles per tank, which is about 40mpg the most however i got from a tank was 527 which is around 47mpg. The computer on the car is currently reading 50.7mpg, but they are normally way out.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by morphed clio on 05 May 2005

i get about 450 miles per tank, which is about 40mpg the most however i got from a tank was 527 which is around 47mpg. The computer on the car is currently reading 50.7mpg, but they are normally way out.
Do you do a lot of motorway mate?

133/225/CLS AMG

I find my mpg goes down more when you get stuck in traffic rather than if you drive hard.

I normally get about 32-34 miles per gallon but if I get stuck in traffic it will drop to about 28!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

i thrash my 1.6 every now and then. the mpg is abot 30-32

When i had my k-tec i used to get some genuinely scary MPG figures as i gave it a thrashing every day, low 20s sometimes. The 1.216v doesnt seem to be very economical anyway though..

-Rob

Lots of Alfas

From driving normally to the occasionaly burst I get 42mpg from my 2000X 1.2 8v on 72k.

[Edited by davebem on 05 May 2005 at 12:20pm]

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

2001 1.4 16v

Usually 31mpg

lowest was 12mpg the m1 from loughborough to sheffield, full thottle all the way

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

i dont know about MPG figures, but i used to thrash my 1.4 RT everywhere and got 400-420 miles out of a tank, i could outlast my mates with diesels lol!

Abarth 500

My Cup always hovered around the 28mpg mark.

My dad bottled out of buying a 182 and got a 1.6 instead to be more economical. The only time we took the two cars on a long motorway drive together (going to Alton towers!) we were doing about 90-100mph and the cup was better than his!

R26

Oh my word I ve had the 182 down to 15 mpg on two occasions now, however the average is about 32mpg when im giving it a good boot.

On both occasions (15mpg) i had been booting it the immediately hit traffic and gone 1 - 5 mph for 10 miles or so.

Octavia VRS

POW gets a bit of a thrashing sometimes, depends how late Im running! ;)

Prob around 35MPG, on 54k miles

308, Fusion

my 1.4 8 valve does bout 300+ to a full tank without thrashing it, but i do thrash it most days, n prob does bout 250-260 to a full tank

Clio 1.4 Fidji

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 05 May 2005

my 1.4 8 valve does bout 300+ to a full tank without thrashing it, but i do thrash it most days, n prob does bout 250-260 to a full tank
yea same as my RT dont really thrash it too much (dont wanna break it) lol ive had it nearly a year now with no probs :) so far. can the 1.4 take a thrashing without killing it?

Lionel Richie

July 2001 car (mk2 phs2) 1.2 16V

72000miles

has been on the limiter every day from new, several track days

MPG = 45 on a steady 70mph run, but i rarely sit at 70

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Quote: Originally posted by AlexJMills on 05 May 2005

I find my mpg goes down more when you get stuck in traffic rather than if you drive hard.

^^ That is correct!!

The average car will use its fuel most effiently between 30 - 50 mph. It will have appling mpg below 20mph and the mpg will slowy decrease from 50mph upwards

1.2 16V (2003) here on 22k, had it from new. Get 46mpg on my 10 mile through-town daily commute.

Oddly enough the few times Ive really gone for it (usually down to and around the south coast, about 130 miles a day) Ive returned mpg figures in the 50s, although due to the nature of the roads (mostly fantastic twisties) most of it is high rev 30-60mph stuff. Cant understand it myself as Im near the limiter much more than usual on those routes.

Ive gone into the 30s stuck in really bad traffic, but other than that its been superb.

335i M SPORT!!!!

My 1.4 dynamique gets driven hard every now and then and does 19.8 mpg:eek: im sure dis aint right... maybe coz its only done 350 miles... but im sure dis is really low... any thoughts

ST

Yeah thats low mate, but on an engine that new you shouldnt really driving it hard ALL the time!