ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE 172 exclusive project

Mk1 16v brooklands
I'm not a big fan of exposed exhausts on 172s unless they're cut into the bumper TBF. But you like it, so that's the main thing.
And if you've actually done the 'ring then kudos, you've earnt that sticker :)

Stickers will be off on the weekend so no fear there buddy, yeah they look better when hidden but this came up at a vg price and got it local so couldnt complain

Mk1 16v brooklands
Bad weather is halting progress of
painting the calipers
refurbing the new (old wheels)
Tarting up the engine bay
Fitting new front discs and pads
fitting new suspension top mounts :(

Have replaced the pipercross airfilter for a bmc airfilter and was actually surprised at the roar it gives off considering its still a standard replacement... Sounds ok and my mpg on a run the other day was 42 sat at 70 so not to bad.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Well we still havent had a day off of the rain really!

Got my brembo discs and pads all round from g172 (top service)
Had to replace top mounts on suspension saturday as i had a knocking noise. But its still there. Checked again and it turned put to be a ball joint with play in it so thats on the to do list aswell now.

Mk1 16v brooklands
fb53c1e1.jpg

woohoo the suns out so i fitted these today
72316660.jpg

New track rod ends ment time to have tracking done
37fa65f3.jpg

d043e13a.jpg

Silvervisions fitted
from this
b5484d9c.jpg

e2f13c22.jpg

Mk1 16v brooklands
Exhaust mount gave up today and ive had to do a good bodge to get me to 519 next weekend.

Now on order
Arb polybush kit
exhaust gaskets (current ones leak)
New exhaust hanger

Mk1 16v brooklands
Well i picked the car up fromt dan after having a list of items fitted. (shame i didnt grt pics but nevermind)
New dephaser fitted
new cam and aux belt kits fitted
cat cam 438s and remap (already had matched inlets and filter)

I am very impressed with the car now. feels alot smoother, very nice low down gains compared to standard. Couldnt be happier (unless i had itbs) will grab pics over the weekend after i fit new exhaust mount and give it a good scrub

Mk1 16v brooklands
Just fitted some top mount spacers as i had a slight knock
380ffecf.jpg

2e4dc2ad.jpg

Looking very dirty at the mo :(
f0558e32.jpg

Fitted my Home made induction kit (until next week when ill order the ktec one)
8a6c6663.jpg