ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 519 172

53 Clio's & counting
looks a tidy install, bodies mounted on the adaptors the way I did it Danny?

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
looks a tidy install, bodies mounted on the brackets the way I did it Danny?

yes near enough the same way. was done like that before on this engine I built, so knew it worked

305308_10150854442625150_568860149_21349675_219907411_n-1.jpg

ph1 172
Trying some Hankooks, although I've got enough meat on some Paradas for track day at Bedford on 26th, so they'll go on after that

RS2's?

And that's a Monday isn't it?

I have got Jury service to attend to on that date but depending on what time I finish I might be able to head over from Cambridge to have a peak

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
V12 EVO's. It's not a track car really, it's a road car I'm doing a few track sessions in.

ph1 172
Yep same here. Although I have just bought some Federal's for the track so I don't ruin my road tyres.

What time will you be running to at Bedford?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Off to Germany this week so spent the weekend going over the car, tweaking the suspension (full spax Trackday coilover setup), nut and bolt check, and finally a good clean.

Had the Hankooks fitted to the 2nd pair of wheels so I'm matching all round, and on nice fresh rubber. Got the Brembo Sport pads fitted, and flushed the brake fluid with ATE superblue.

540054_10151666331710150_568860149_24339922_114551315_n.jpg

541129_10151666337005150_568860149_24339923_2084615792_n.jpg

535342_10151666342350150_568860149_24339925_787530864_n.jpg

545910_10151666342725150_568860149_24339927_1400279908_n.jpg

Bring on The Ring :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Funny you should say that, We stole them off my mk1 about 20 minutes after I took those pics :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Bit of feedback on the tyres. Ran 2 cars round the ring on V12's this weekend, Both had the same result, no grip issues at all, but the sidewalls are too soft which makes the car shimmy under direction changes. Neither car managed to get the tyres hot after flying laps. No visible wear. On the road they're excellent, especially in the wet.

With brakes, the standard Pagids on the cup (9min30) made no complaint whatsoever and were quite frankly phenominal for an OE replacement pad, and the Brembo pads on my 172 although having sharper initial bite, and never fading didn't feel better than the pagids by any significant margin. Still a very good road pad, but I wish I'd used the Mintex 1155s for track

Evo 5 RS
Good to hear some feedback on the v12s, need to get mine on next week

Not pagid blues I take it? I reaaaallly want to try a set in the wilwoods

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
no not blues, they're £200+!!! I'm talking £40 a set Pagid OE replacements. I've fitted them to 172s, 197s and meganes that have done track work, and no-one can find fault with them, they just shouldn't be that good for the money, but they are

itb'd RB 182 cup
are they the pagids i have on mine? if so ive given them plenty of abuse and you know i abuse my brakes! they've been fine no loss of bite performance feel etc extremely good for price!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Nice numbers, looks smooth too!

Ill ring you monday :p

yeah really pleased with it. I think it's the best torque figure I've ever seen from an NA clio at SRR, including some high comp ones. 20lb/ft more than the AT power equiped 182 that ran today

Great result Dan, are you running the 182 exhaust manifold as well?

Now you just need to work out a way for me to get that all inside the OE slam panel;) You'll have to take me out for a run in it when I call down for you to look at mine.

Regards Russ...........

very. Something satifying about N/A tuning.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Great result Dan, are you running the 182 exhaust manifold as well?

Now you just need to work out a way for me to get that all inside the OE slam panel;) You'll have to take me out for a run in it when I call down for you to look at mine.

Regards Russ...........

Yes, 182 manifold and an....."adapted" cat

I can work magic if you let me Russ ;) are you not allowed bonnet pins?

You won't get a chance to go in it though unfortunately. I'm selling up and moving on to the next project now. I've done all I can with this in the current direction and I'd have to start again to do much else worth doing.

Yes, 182 manifold and an....."adapted" cat

I can work magic if you let me Russ ;) are you not allowed bonnet pins?

You won't get a chance to go in it though unfortunately. I'm selling up and moving on to the next project now. I've done all I can with this in the current direction and I'd have to start again to do much else worth doing.

Yes we can run bonnet pins, the issue seams to be removing any parts from the under the bonnet area, I'll have to have a few words with the scruts and see what can & can't be done.
That's a shame it would have been good to go out in that car for a comparison, I'm just awaiting the diff and fd to be sent and fitted then I'll call early in the New year to arrange to drop it off, sell it to someone up North lol.

Regards Russ........