ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The beach - At night

Mk2 ph1 clio
Went down to Blyth beach at baout 11pm tonight and took a few shots...

30"
F3.5
ISO - 400

Blyth-Beach.jpg

Blyth-Beach-Two.jpg

Love how it looks almost as if its daylight!

I also took this one last night! thought id give the Sigma a go!

Themoon.jpg

C&C welcome!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Pitch black, couldnt see 2ft infront of me! lol

Which is why i like them, didnt realise you could pull so much detail in from a long exposure and low F stop.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome pics, love the silky texture of the sea.

Bet you were freezing taking those though lol.

What settings did you use for the moon?

That's incredible, where is all the orange haze in the sky?! Hugely impressed, #2 edges it for me, more interesting composition imo.

Even in the most remote places I can find I still get orange skies from the street lights.

Mk2 ph1 clio
There was no orange haze if you look out towards the sea (no streetlights out there i guess!) but as soon as you aim towards land.. even if its not in view.. it spoils the photos :(

Settings used for the moon..

F/5.6
1/160
ISO - 100

That was taken at 300mm too, wanted to test out the sigma a bit!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Awesome pics, love the silky texture of the sea.

Bet you were freezing taking those though lol.

What settings did you use for the moon?

Absolutley numb mate!! Got into the car and my fingers felt like they were being stabbed by red hot pins!!

To make matters worse my heaters packed in after making a nasty clunking sound for a bit! No heat and a good few inches of snow! Sucks!

SQ5
2nd pic is amazing, how much shadowing there is on the branch is also brilliant!

I'll be hitting a beach soon!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers guys! I've got a few more but i was using a manual focus so some of them are bluured! AF is difficult in the dark, only focus point was the moon tbh!

I took one to see what the windmills would look like lit up with a long exposure.. they looked like angel wings.. but when i did that... i picked up a bloke fishing on the bach which i had no clue about!! lol

I'd recommend it, especialy if theres some interesting stuff at the beach, like war bunkers, sea defenses etc etc. Makes for some interesting images!

Thanks for the comments!

Rally bus
long exposure and low F stop .. even in pitch black if the moons out you'll be suprised by the detail you get!

why a low F stop? if you used a high F stop then you wouldn't have so much trouble getting sharp pics as you'd have a lot more depth of field to play with. Also, take a torch to assist with focus, whether it be manual or AF.

Nice pics anyway though!

SQ5
That's incredible, where is all the orange haze in the sky?! Hugely impressed, #2 edges it for me, more interesting composition imo.

Even in the most remote places I can find I still get orange skies from the street lights.

Just tried to do some shots like these and all so bloody orange, shot all in RAW so have toned it down a little :)

Will post up when finished processing them

SQ5
No lol, all the beach ones were absolutely crap none worth using at all :(

Need to find a secluded wit of coastline really without any lighting, found a bit near a river with the Orwell bridge, but wern't the best. GIve me 5 mins and I'll post up!

Slow red one
Wow, seriously done at 11pm? thats amazing! Looks as if it was during the early evening. Have to do some V long exposures myself sometime after seeing this:)