ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best Brakes

after spending a fortune on loads of different pads over the years, i can confirm that ferodo halfords £17.99 jobbys are the best.... for normal fast road use, hate the EBCs i had.

Thats with a Ktec big brake kit, stops faster than it goes....

Check out K-Tecs website.

They have a huge range of uprated brakes/big brake conversions.

Ill be getting some 300mm 4 Pots in the new year some time!

Titanium 182

yeh dont f**k around

4pots are they way to go if you want mint brakes

allt hoguht 300mm are heavy

willwood 4-pots (if available for the clio)

amazing, fitted a set to my mates 2.0 corsa, and the brakeing was immense

they sell the hi spec kits same as k-tec. wilwood do kits through rally design that i think are cheaper but heard mixed things on the calipers

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 17 December 2003

I havent got a fortune to spend on brakes..what is wrong with black diamond
Thats why i suggested what i did, multi pot calipers are great but possibly a little OTT for what you want... Id recomend uprated disks with standard pads, thats the best tried and tested combination for me, i use the big brake kit from Ktec but to be honest i got that for looks!

no experience of them personally, but ultimately they are all the same in basic design, so any uprated disk is better than the standard disks( although IMHO the standard brakes are very good) Ring Ktec and see how much there standard size uprated disks are... probably on par with similar brands price wise, and you will get the discount if you ask!

you can throw loads of money at pads, but most people on here will say XXXbrand pads are great, mainly cos they dont create so much dust on the alloys.... but in braking terms they are at there optimum at high temp, which is great if your in a rally... not so good round the high street, and on the track you shouldnt be braking that mentally to get them hot...

Standard pads work best!!