ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best mod i'v ever done :) (pics)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nope i'm pretty sure they dont. Unless your driving through a flood maybe!!
The bolt underneath seals the hole so i think its ok :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Solves the problem of the chair moving when you get in the back! What a stupid design flaw that is - really pisses me off tbh.

TrackCar & F30 330d
If you do it neatly enough you could cut the carpet just underneeth the runners and it should be ok.
I'v set my driving position and then bolted the seat down.
When i eventually put my interiour back in then the rear passengers will have to get in through the other door :)

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Might give this one a try tomorow, hate feeling like I'm sitting on the car and not in it, also im 6ft1 so I may as well sit in the back seat! My Corsa B had the SXi seats and I nearly sat on the ground, was a nice driving position!

200 Gordini
Howd the lowering of the recaros go?

Right, i got the drivers seat done.. i put one normal washer all round but its still stiff to move back and forward so tomorrow morning i'm going to put another in so its 2 washers all round.

As for the driving postion... looow! amazing tbh cant wait to drive it

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Right, i got the drivers seat done.. i put one normal washer all round but its still stiff to move back and forward so tomorrow morning i'm going to put another in so its 2 washers all round.

As for the driving postion... looow! amazing tbh cant wait to drive it

Great stuff, think il giv this a try. I always make people get it the pasenger side anyway, what thicknes of washers did you use?

PH1 172 Sport
Did this today. Is one of the best things someones come up with on here for ages. Get it written up properly and submit it in the guides section. I used a 3mm thick washer which is just right to stop the runners rubbing on the carpet.

Makes a noticeable difference to the driving position as I can now have the wheel as low as it will go without my knees hitting it!

For those worried that its going to make the seats vibrate DON'T!! The stock parts that fit under the seats are just very thick washers finished off with a layer of plastic so they are not there to reduce seat vibrations or stop water ingress.

2002/02 172
I did this last night and the driving position is much improved!

I do have a couple of concerns though.

I think the plastic parts are there to centralise the stud as it goes through the hole in the floor. So there is a risk that if the seats not central, then the nut on the bottom may not be central and seal correctly. Could solve this by fitting washers on the underside.

Taking 20mm out of the bolted length may not be too good for the bolted joint either, but it's difficult to say if its close to its design limits. Could also be solved by fitting 20mm of washers to the underside.

I think the reason the sliders are now stiff is because your bolting the runner down against the carpet and, in my car at least, over a fold of carpet or overlap in the middle of the centre runner. This means your trying to bend the runner like a banana as you tighten down. Washers between the runner and the floor as others have said would probably solve this.

Thoughts?

Going to have a punt at this later.

Got back in the valver yesterday to move it around the drive and it was like being sat on the floor.

Makes you realise how laughably high the seats are in the RS'

Just to clarify, your only taking out the 4 plastic washers that the seats are seated on, and not actually any of the seat gubbins.

RS RIP
just got back in having done this.

Nice little modification.

You're only taking out 10mm of height but it does make a bit of a difference.

Have you even looked at his pics ? it's more than 5cm ..

When i put in buckets the next thing i did was raise the seats :D I'm about 2 meters tall so my prob is that seat are too low

Have you even looked at his pics ? it's more than 5cm ..

When i put in buckets the next thing i did was raise the seats :D I'm about 2 meters tall so my prob is that seat are too low

Yes i have looked at the pictures, they are the first thing in the thread.

As i have already said, the rubber bush's which are taken out are roughly 12mm thick. I dont quite know where you've got 5cm from.

B

Brown.

you should have just put spacers under the front two bolts, instead of removing the plastic mounts. gives same effect if imo better.

RS RIP
Yes i have looked at the pictures, they are the first thing in the thread.

As i have already said, the rubber bush's which are taken out are roughly 12mm thick. I dont quite know where you've got 5cm from.

Then you're right + i'm wrong ;)

Bus w**ker
If I'm honest I've not noticed the "sitting on it" thing that people moan about. I'll wait and try and get a sit in someone's that done this and see if that changes my opinion.

PH1 172 Sport
It wasn't so much the drivers seat that annoyed me it was the passenger seat. Where is not adjustable whenever I sit in it I feel like im really high up. My passenger at Oulton Park last week moaned that his helmet was hitting the roof as well so the extra 10mm lower is perfect.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have just taken the standard spacers out and fitted 3mm washers. its a huge difference! i really didn't think it would make so much difference to the driving position. thanks so much for the idea. everyone must do it!

car is driving great now. its had 2 rear shocks today, cv boot fix, engine mount re-adjusted (was vibrating through the pedals), and now the seat spacers :)

i think im gona experiment with the positioning slightly by just putting some washers back on the front two bolts after taking out plastic spacers, try giving it a lower and more raked feel. worth a punt but defo taking the spacers out.

is it poss without even jacking up the car or am i hoping for it to be to simple now?

you'll probably have to jack it up a bit to get to the innermost two.

The 2 bolts nearest the doors are underneath dust caps just behind the sills so can be accessed easily when the car is on the floor.

The inner 2 are located next to the exhaust however so unless you have mahoosive arms and mirror on a stick it would be much easier to jack it up a bit and slide underneath

rps13
no need to jack the car up at all.

mine is a good 50mm lower on the front and my normal person arms where fine

Clio 172 Cup
I'm aiming to do this on my 172 Cup, only got it yesterday but it does feel like I am on the car not in it, also looking at aftermarket seat which might be a lower base cushion but if I combine with this spacer removal I reckon I will be just perfect. Cheers.