ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the best way to get a deep gloss finish..

hi everyone (rich he he ) what is the best stuff to use or method of cleaning to get a fantastic deep gloss look to the paintwork including bumpers tc etc cheers many thanks

106 GTi
Good prep, ie polished really well. Most of the cars looks comes from the polishing stagse. Get the paint nice and swril free, stepping down the polish and pad grades - endeing with a really nice high gloss finishing polish like Menzerna Final Finish. Ideally by machine.

Elise 111R
I've got the megs 3 stage cleaner/polish and wax also got the clay. Now other than the fact the wax doesnt last that long so needs touching up with Q/D now and again is will this be good enough to get a nice deep finish.

I've spent upwards of 6 hours on my Cooper S before but never used a polish stage so wondering if by introducing it i'll get a better finish? Also with polish do you just apply it and buff off dry or is it a case like scratch X you need to rub while in a liquid state to get the paint moving (and so cover scratches)

Sorry for hi -jacked thread but wondering if this would produce a fairly good finish. My paint work has almost no swirls (im lucky the last owner took good care of it) but want a nice deep finish like op

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i prefer using carnauba based products for a deeper look, on racing blue i feel more synthetic products give a sharper look but lose a little bit of depth