ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Black Pearl - 172 Track Car

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Yes another track car!

Bit of background, I owned a BG 182 back in 2012, was a dog when purchased but spent a fortune getting it sorted, but unfortunately was written off by a careless Zafira owner!

564899_10150966058810219_1617229885_n.jpg

Absolutely loved that car, but at the time I was a bit crap with money so it ended up being a blessing in disguise and financially I did very well out of it in the end! I always intended to come back to Clio ownership once I had the space and cash after buying a house.

Fastforward to 2014 and after changing jobs and finishing the house renovation I was on the hunt for another sport.

I viewed an immaculate 182 in silver, left a deposit and arranged collection, but unfortunately the day I was due to collect the car was damaged by the contents of a garage! The hunt was back on and after viewing a few dogs I ended up with a cosmetically tatty, but mechanically sound, low mileage (80kish) ph2 172... in black!

11008459_10153117240775219_8533390142887994192_n.jpg

Spec was full suspension refresh and belts done by SJM, Ktec coilovers and PMS mounts and brace, Ktec recessed exhaust and a few other bits. The owner also gave me tonnes of spares and other bits (quote - 'may as well have these mate, I wont be having one of these again'... he has since owned 2 more!).

Once home I set about removing and selling the surplus bits including the coilovers, and over the last few years I slowly built it to the spec I wanted. I have done a few track days now the most recent being Rockingham at the beginning of April, and hopefully booking Blyton for the end of May.

The current spec is as follows;

• Fully stripped interior including all airbags and deadening removed
  • Rollcage by @Tom Johnson - front half being fitted this weekend
  • Oreca 6 point Harnesses
  • Sparco buckets and X low frames
  • Extended heel and toe accelerator pedal
  • CM Composites doorcards and handle spacers with TRS pulls
  • Modified Scenic shifter with yanoo insert and ph1 ball gearknob
  • OMP steering wheel
  • Battery relocated to spare wheel well.
  • Brand new cup dampers and cooksport springs
  • PMS topmounts and brace
  • EPAS setup and DCI rack
  • Standard 172 wheels and hankooks for road
  • Speedline Chronos and AD08R tyres for track
  • 15mm rear axle spacers
  • Braided lines, castrol react fluid, brembo HC discs and EBC bluestuff pads
  • Polybushed arb
  • Polybushed dogbone
  • Vibratechnics engine mounts
  • Magnecore leads
  • Custom induction with pipercross filter
  • Aircon removed and cup setup fitted
  • Full manifold back Ktec 2.5 inch (silenced) recessed system
  • Aerocatches on bonnet
  • Sunstrip
  • Fabia splitter
  • Wind deflectors

Future plans are camber bolts (just need fitting), whiteline rear ARB and a stud conversion, more weight loss and track days!

Here are some pics of it on track in various guises, I will add some more project pics later;

IMG_6752.JPG

IMG_6828.JPG

XSP_0173.JPG

XSP_0039.JPG

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Does anybody know of a website that I can compress some of my images - my most recent ones are being rejected for being large.