ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Kinda undriveable at that height. Cool or not.

I do like it but see Tom's Bora for useability/lowz.

I'm not sure you quite understand airride suspension gally. I can raise it/lower it to whatever height I want using two switches (Front and rear). If I wanted too, I could raise it to standard height and drive around like that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
STAY DOWN b**ch.

306438_10150882424670385_746700384_21155573_2073174012_n.jpg

Got the arches rolled tonight, too. So it sits a bit lower on the front. Actually, just sits on the wishbones. Yay!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cheers fellas!

I work at Prodrive in MK mate. That was taken on a quick trip to the bank!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's not green, so it's instantly better than the last one.

Looks great on those wheels too! Just don't cover it in cringeworthy sh*t.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'd leave the exterior pretty much as is now. I'd move onto the interior, go for the better spec one, looking at the headrest's, you got the grandma's 3 piece suite spec.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd leave the exterior pretty much as is now. I'd move onto the interior, go for the better spec one, looking at the headrest's, you got the grandma's 3 piece suite spec.

Looks the same as mine? So the later spec recaro style..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm a trimmer, it's their composites place. So trimming up carbon all day. Messy and itchy! But I am enjoying it.

Exterior may get a few OEM or US Spec upgrades. I like my hoop headrests! It's a Bora thing, you wouldn't understand ;). As for the horrible wood trim, probably going to cover it in suede or something. As it's easy to do and it looks like s**t atm.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
What is the difference between a bora and a passat?

Looks good btw Jason. Hope you are enjoying your new job

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Boras, although never called it in the UK, are Jettas. And VW Jettas are a 4 door version of a Golf. So it's a Golf chassis, Golf interior, golf engines, golf doors. Just the front and rear are more "Square" and it obviously has a fat arse.

Passats are Bigger, and most of the modern ones share chassis with Audi A4's. Where as this (at the time) would have shared a Chassis with an A3 (and a TT, and Seats, and the rest yadadadada...)

Cheers! I am actually, suits me quite well. And I'm not fed up of the commute yet!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know, that's why I'm struggling to find wheels that stand out to me atm. :/ At the end of the day, it is my Daily so I'm not that bothered. But love how when I get bored I can lay frame yet I can still get on my driveway. ;) HAHA!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I treat modifying cars as a laugh usually, hence why I've never really cared what I've done to them. Just always gone a way I've liked or done things for the giggle factor. Getting a bit bored of stickers, so this will only have the Havair one and the TryHarder window decal.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Leave that exactly how it is.

Don't change a thing, not even the radio station. Just leave it.

I have to say I probably agree. Don't go down the route of adding tat out of boredom and stickering things up.

Right now it looks simple, yet good!

If you have to do anything I'd say maybe a black upper grill to match the lower ones.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol at Jason doing decent mods and people still slating him. Haters gunna...

It looks great mate, really like it. Agree with Charlie, just leave it be.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Think you're forgetting something. Trophy > Membership. I'm pretty much a king, fyi.

xx

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Built > Bought
Yeah, hence why I worked my arse off getting it to this over the weekend! It's not just a case of changing the struts and it looks like that. There's chassis work, running the lines, boot build, arch work etc. etc.
if it wasnt for the A4, there wouldnt be any Passats/Boras ;)

mine is a nice one anyway, doesnt need fukcing around to look good.... thats what the project is for

LOL, you really know nothing. As said, the Jetta (What this is) has been around since the 70's. They've all used Golf chassis (Including this one). NOTHING to do with the A4.

Lol at Jason doing decent mods and people still slating him. Haters gunna...

It looks great mate, really like it. Agree with Charlie, just leave it be.

Different wheels I think, then exterior wise just clean up the dings, scratches, and cracks. Oh and as said some subtle US spec things maybe.