ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The BPM Racing Super Endurance X85 Clio Cup

Few photos below from this years season. It's the first X85 to be run in British Endurance Racing and as far as we can find out the most succesful X85 there is with class win at the Britcar/Silverstone 24 hour (1st in Class, 16th overall out of 51 starters) and the highest points scorers in Britcar Productions.

The car was built for Clio Cup and ran four races in the Clio Cup Championship, it was damaged at Donnington and repaired with a new shell and a few other bits. We then purchased it and over the next 6 months pulled it apart and built it as an endurance racer. Taking a car designed for 24 minute races and making it capable of 24 hour races is a pretty challenging thing but we achieved it on budget and with a 100% Race Finish record.

Breif spec is:

Engine: Renault F4R-RS, I4, 16v, 1,998cc. 205bhp/215bhp, BPM modified induction and breather systems, BPM specific cam shaft profiles.

Electronics Package: Magneti Marelli Motorsport SRT ECU with Dash Display, Data Logger and Mil-Spec wiring looms throughout.

Transmission: Sadev 6 Speed Sequential Gearbox, Flat Up Shift, Modified by BPM for endurance use with oil cooling. BPM Paddle Clutch, Renault Sport Designed bell housing.

Brakes: Front: Brembo 4 Piston Monoblock Calipers with 312mm Discs, Rear: Single piston calipers with 300mm discs. Performance Friction BPM spec brake pads. c**kpit adjustable brake bias.

Shell: 2007/2008 Clio 197 Cup with multi point Matter roll cage, seam welded in high load areas,

Suspension: Front: Height adjustable spring platforms front with Bilstein damper inserts and H&R springs. Rear: Bilstein coil over dampers with H&R springs. Adjustable anti-roll bar drop links, Spherical bearing top mounts.

Misc: Race Technology DL1 GPS Logger, Sabelt Fire Supresion System, ATL Dry Break Fueling, Drive Data onboard Video, Driver water supply, 120L Fuel Capacity via BPM Twin Tank fuel system, AutoTel Car/Pit Radio Communications System.

Pics:

2zqwpy0.jpg

125rptk.jpg

b9fvbs.jpg

2uhn59w.jpg

2hx24j9.jpg

2mnf7m9.jpg

2mpzexh.jpg

2wddkd4.jpg

11ijrdt.jpg

2egh3lj.jpg

2yxf87r.jpg

2nqv5hg.jpg

And what it looks like after completing a 24 hour race:

vgsu51.jpg

Feel free to come and see it racing next year. Ask for me and I'll show you round the car in person.

Cheers
M

Some dodgy looking chap stuck them on while the car was outside the garage at the 24hr. He got the front one on upside down too! ;-)

Orange wheels next season?

Cheers
M

hell yes, they wont last very long if the 08 was anything to go by mind!

u have to stick with the wheels on now?

when i was in the dunlop tent i picked up a mosler and 911 wheel in like 18''/19''... they were so light it was scary

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Good work! You entering the 24hr again next year? I'll be on hand if you need a professional to re-fuel it again ;)

Good work! You entering the 24hr again next year? I'll be on hand if you need a professional to re-fuel it again ;)

There isn't a Britcar 24hr next year due to the economic situation. There is a Britcar 500, i.e 6 hour 500KM race which we are entering. However with our setup we can do that with one stop and two drivers!

Cheers
M

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
nice one matt! looks slightly rough after 24 hours mind lol

will try and make it to one of the races as i would love to have alook round it :)

nice one matt! looks slightly rough after 24 hours mind lol

will try and make it to one of the races as i would love to have alook round it :)

They're dead after a 24 hour race - its so hard on the cars in terms of damage and component wear rates. Takes around 250 hours to bring one back to A1 zero KM spec after a 24 hour.

Cheers
M

White Sti Hatch
Did you get to sit in it? If not just shout if you see us out and about in the future. We're very un-Clio Cup about our Clio Cups ;-)

Cheers
M

No mate i never as i didnt have a clue who to ask for as there was a few of you wandering around ! You be at FCS 09 im asuming ?

Planning to be as its good exposure for our sponsors - might even be allowed to take it on track next year!

Cheers
M

Thanks Tony - it was tough going but consistant laps from all four drivers along with the durability we had engineered into the car and our low fuel burn rates (3 hour stints no problem) got us there in the end. Next stop Nurburgring 24hr with a bit more power and an attempt on the Aston N24's!

Don't fancy moving up to a 197 do you? There are some good deals to be had on them at the moment!

Cheers
M

182cup & 172 racecar
We ran an endurance race at Brno 6hrs two drivers that was bad enough,had to keep a constant eye out for the DTM's that came around every 3 to 4 laps,they are mental machines,I think they try to set your car alight on overrun fuel burn!

As for the 197 thing PM me,cheers.

We hold our own on the overrun flames front pretty well LOL but know what you mean. Britcar 24 gets interesting with Moslers, 996 ALMS cars and big power BMW's mixing it with Clios, Beetles, Lupos and Elise!

Cheers
M