ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
IMG_20200806_140310.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Saw a GT2RS followed by what looked like his wife in a M2CS this afternoon on the M18 near Doncaster, both were on black and silver plates.

Are those Jersey plates?
B77297C6-8B67-4744-806A-A368DE4E4D31.jpeg

mph yeah excuse the photo, my wife took it 😂😂

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
have you had a shot in it? are they as slow as they're made out to be?

Only as a passenger for about 15 mins but yes, it seemed terribly sluggish. It also droned badly and appeared to pull all over the road regardless of steering input.

Still, first time I’ve seen it as it’s been kept in a lockup for years not running and has only just surfaced. Literally every person who saw it stopped and pointed. Pretty cool in that respect as I think there’s less than 10 of them left...or so I was told.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Only as a passenger for about 15 mins but yes, it seemed terribly sluggish. It also droned badly and appeared to pull all over the road regardless of steering input.

Still, first time I’ve seen it as it’s been kept in a lockup for years not running and has only just surfaced. Literally every person who saw it stopped and pointed. Pretty cool in that respect as I think there’s less than 10 of them left...or so I was told.
yeah i think they more a carpark car!!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
A lot more than 10 in the UK surely? A quick search suggests there are around 200. Most are in the US I assume. I went to a local car show last year and there were 5-10 all there together.

Still such a cool car, despite its shortcomings. It would be wrong in a lot of ways, but I'd quite like to modify one. Leave the styling alone, but just make it so it drives and goes well.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
A lot more than 10 in the UK surely? A quick search suggests there are around 200. Most are in the US I assume. I went to a local car show last year and there were 5-10 all there together.

Still such a cool car, despite its shortcomings. It would be wrong in a lot of ways, but I'd quite like to modify one. Leave the styling alone, but just make it so it drives and goes well.

You may be right buddy, I’m only going by what I was told so no idea. I know I’ve never seen one on the road though that’s for sure and I’ve seen some very rare and unusual spots over the years!

If it was mine I’d definitely but a big engine and a back to the future styled body kit on it...even knowing it might ruin the originality and value haha.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various

yeah im totally for stuff like that make it the sort of car that it should have been to start with

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
The Delorean story is so captivating.
Best documentary on it: narrated by the guy from Line of duty!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
yeah you definitely getting old🤣🤣

I think it probably depends on the car to some extent. The problem with most modern stuff is that it's so competent that you really have to be doing silly speeds to get anywhere near the limit. It's a fit frustrating if you can only use full throttle for a second or two at a time.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I think it probably depends on the car to some extent. The problem with most modern stuff is that it's so competent that you really have to be doing silly speeds to get anywhere near the limit. It's a fit frustrating if you can only use full throttle for a second or two at a time.
yeah totally modern suspension and even power delivery totally makes modern hight powered cars more drivable road condition is another big factor as the state if roads nowadays is shocking theres bumps and dips in roads that can throw you into a ditch in a heartbeat

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Saw a GP3 down the seafront. There's a big thread on PistonHeads about them... and most saying it impressed them much more in the flesh than they thought. For me, it looked s**t! Just looked like a normal MINI with a huge spoiler slapped on. Maybe it's because it was a grey day and pissing it down it didn't really shine. Will give further judgement if I see one in the sunshine lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Jimny is like the new defender, great in pictures but pretty gopping in the flesh once the novelty has worn off.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: riz

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Jimny is like the new defender, great in pictures but pretty gopping in the flesh once the novelty has worn off.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Jimny however I have spotted a couple of new Defenders & I disagree. I think they look much better in the metal.

Just waiting to see one in a spec I would go for (green, white roof + white steels) instead of full on Chelsea tractor spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk