ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I saw something on the M5 yesterday that I’ve never seen before and have literally no idea what it was. It’s been doing my head in searching through google images for any classic car that resembles it.

At first I thought it was a DB5 from the front and side profile, but the rear looked completely different. I wasn’t driving so couldn’t speed up to see and didn’t have my phone handy for a pic.

Any ideas what it could be?? Dark blue, lots of chrome, similar to a DB5 but with 4 rear individual circular lights on each side of the rear end in a square pattern (if that makes sense?).
Could it have been a classic ferrari? Some of them have similar profile to a db5

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
250 GT
1683524931639.jpeg

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Could it have been a classic ferrari? Some of them have similar profile to a db5
I thought the same and googled as many as I could think of but nothing came up that looked close enough to maybe be the right thing.

Definitely not this one. It was a little more angular with the rear corners being slightly higher and the back, and two extra lights on each corner.

It was a little like this, but with different rear lights.

07E25C40-A5D9-4BBA-99F7-477F3225FA5C.jpeg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I saw something on the M5 yesterday that I’ve never seen before and have literally no idea what it was. It’s been doing my head in searching through google images for any classic car that resembles it.

At first I thought it was a DB5 from the front and side profile, but the rear looked completely different. I wasn’t driving so couldn’t speed up to see and didn’t have my phone handy for a pic.

Any ideas what it could be?? Dark blue, lots of chrome, similar to a DB5 but with 4 rear individual circular lights on each side of the rear end in a square pattern (if that makes sense?).
Rml short wheelbase?

Attachments

• IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    872.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6883.jpeg
    IMG_6883.jpeg
    811.4 KB · Views: 37

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line

DB4? (although that has 3 lights on each side)
1961_Aston_Martin_DB4_rear_%285982924101%29.jpg

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Rml short wheelbase?

Possibly some kind of MX5 conversion? Similar to this:
View attachment 1642488

DB4? (although that has 3 lights on each side)
View attachment 1642504

It could have been one of these?

All have a similar profile and appearance, but definitely wasn’t any of these. I do feel slightly better that no one else seems know either though.

I’ve come to the conclusion that:
A) maybe I’d had more beers than I thought
B) my eyesight may need testing
C) it wasn’t a “real” car and was either a kit car or some form of conversion/replica
D) It didn’t happen at all and I was in fact asleep and dreaming 😂

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Saw a gt4rs this morning. The stance is amazing, just looked hunkered down.

Then picked my car up and they had a busso V6 out of a GTA.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The trailer for that film looks pretty dire.

Obviously I'll watch it, but I'm not expecting much.

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
I bought it for the Noise 1-2-4-5-3 :) Starts making similar noises to a V10 above 4k rpm. Lots of mods KW V3 suspension, wavetrack LSD, ATS GTR EVO wheels, AP Discs, RS6 rears, few added carbon fiber bits, Forge Race intercooler, Loba HPFP stage 2 tune 430bhps 500lbs/ft. I've owned it since 2011, was Taunton Audi's fully loaded demo.

034 intake.jpg
Recaro.jpg