ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I love rallying, that looks so much fun... Those pace-notes seem much easier to read when you're not travelling at WRC pace. Awesome.
Yeah, seems weird.
The co driver is able to repeat the notes and Chris even has time to ask for clarification!

172 Race Car
Probably the notes that have been given to them by organisers. WRC crews do the route before hand and make their own notes so probably add more detail.

That was my take on it anyway

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the notes that have been given to them by organisers. WRC crews do the route before hand and make their own notes so probably add more detail.
That was my take on it anyway

Most rally teams make their own pace notes.

so i spoke to a friend (called dan) and i can tell you that the notes were supplied by organisers, along with a DVD of a car driving slowly through the stage

TBF the type of people who spend £40k+ on a discrete estate car, probably have a 911 GT3 as well (or rather could and might have). In other words their forty thousand clams is your four thousand. It's relative to your own personal circumstances. Many people can drop forty big ones in the blink of an eye. dk for example.

On topic, that was an entertaining and interesting video.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Same people who buy RS5s. It's s**t blah blah blah. Yeah the rich guy's Wife is going to care about oversteer and lap times.

It has image, it's quick, safe and comfortable. See Harry Metcalfe's opinion on the RS5, it explains what and who these type of Audis are for.

Most on here would rather have a 100,000 mile Ph1.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That has some trick stuff.Im not getting used to the vel satis front end but i'd love a drive.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Review looks great. I really want one, but 20k is ludicrous for a Clio. There are plenty of amazing cars for alot less 2nd hand. Ill wait till it it reaches 8k in a few years.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As expected. Great road car.

Not for me though. I'll test one but I'm certain I'll be glad to get back in the 200.

...then there's how ordinary it looks.

This is a Chris Harris thread not, a 'new 200' discussion thread.

I think what Christopher means is that it's not special enough.

Remember the 200/197/182/172 looked excellent in comparison to their non-sport variants.

The new 200 isn't unique enough, mainly because it shares its body with the standard Clios.

Anyway, awesome video from Harris :)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I think Chris was very fair in his review. And it kinda got me thinking, you have to ask, would you take what Renault have offered over the concept of there not being an RS version? With current laws/rules and the fact that in an ever tighter economy there is less of an audience for such a niche car. I mean this is the "main" forum for the Renault sport Clio...yet what percentage of us, the main audience for their niche car actually bought theirs new? Mine was ten years old when I got it.

Swift Sport
If Chris likes it, chances are it'll be more than good enough for the rest of us. I'd consider one if I was in the market for a new hot hatch.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Really interested in the new one, yes the looks (as what Chris Harris mentioned) are similar to standard clio, in it lacks arches but to me he hit the nail on the head with

"Remember when the last clio 197 was launched people said it had gone soft, but over time Renault put plenty of lead in its pencil"

Need to book myself in for a test drive.

Disastra Coupe

And after every video is posted a discussion is had about the car/video... Your point being?

As for me, well it's not much of a looker. But you've got to hand it to Renault. If it's as good as CH is saying (and let's face it, he's got more of an idea on handling etc than most of this forum) then i'd say they'll probably sell more of these than the 172/182, 197 and 200.
5 doors, better fuel economy, doesn't shout chav, handles well, goes well... As someone above said, this forum is nothing to Renault. It's a minute amount of Renault buyers and the majority of this forum bought their cars second hand. They're looking at pleasing the crowds, not forum users.

First you were like;

But then you were all;

I think what Christopher means is that it's not special enough.

Remember the 200/197/182/172 looked excellent in comparison to their non-sport variants.

The new 200 isn't unique enough, mainly because it shares its body with the standard Clios.

You forgot it has too many doors and looks boring on track.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
First you were like;

But then you were all;

You forgot it has too many doors and looks boring on track.

For a sportscar IIRC.

OT: Good video as always. I liked the bit about the gearbox and it looked like a lot fun peddling on those roads!