ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

In reality not many drivers would benefit from all the work that has gone into building that Porsche, which is kinda why I question the usual CS'ers for the predictable bumming of it.

Some people just appreciate fine engineering and meticulous care.

In reality not many drivers would benefit from all the work that has gone into building that Porsche, which is kinda why I question the usual CS'ers for the predictable bumming of it.

Forget benefiting from it. I'd be happy looking at it every day. I could spend hours and hours going over that with a fine tooth comb. I'd openly admit I'm someone who falls into both of your categories (Porsche bummer and non-racing driver), couldn't care less though.

Your statement is transferable to 99.9% of people that own supercars. Why bother having a car that you are incapable of driving to it's full potential? ]

Why?... Because you can and you want to.

Supercars are not rational purchases.

Swift Sport
I'm open to other peoples opinions (unlike some), I was simply curious as to why the car caused such a stir. Maybe I'm not a particularly hardcore car enthusiast, in fact I don't think I'd buy a supercar even with a lottery win.

I'm open to other peoples opinions (unlike some),

Me too :)

I was simply curious as to why the car caused such a stir. Maybe I'm not a particularly hardcore car enthusiast, in fact I don't think I'd buy a supercar even with a lottery win.

Nor would I, I'd rather have an old Porsche and a rattly TVR :evil:

"Different strokes for different folks" and all that...

Old fords do nothing for me, but I can appreciate why some people like them, despite that I think you'd be mad spending £50k on one (or £10k for a rusty shell and a log book from someone's barn).

Swift Sport
Would be boring if we all liked the same thing etc etc...

I'd probably buy something I remember from my childhood, like a Bandit Trans-Am or a General Lee replica. Am I a redneck? I sure am!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I appreciate the car/work/detail etc, but if it was my hard earned I'd rather a Carrera GT.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i think the most interesting part and the attention to real detail in that video is the sound deadening, don't get me wrong there is so much attention in a singer build, but it was the fact they got the correct person (from a different industry) to address an issue that realistically isn't addressed properly by the automotive industry currently.
loved that

^ He's not said the kindest things in the past though lol.

@1:12, such a relaxed driving style. The man has skills!

Swift Sport
I definitely prefer the M6 based on looks, I think it's the only Beemer that's come off better since the new range IMO.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Something different from Chris Harris. Very interesting story about the South African Grp N race series with the Astra Superboss (what a name :evil: ) vs BMW 325iS.

Last edited by a moderator: