ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sadly electric is the way its going.I bet silent mode feels like a really expensive milk float...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Lotus Elise
Epic! Superb driving and very funny video.

Some of those cars are stunning, the Alfa and some of the minis look like proper pieces of kit.

Swift Sport
I say old chap, his chums in the Falcon are rather silver spooned aren't they??

Best video yet, fantastic viewing!

Not a 320d
Lol at the comments he made about the Audi.

Id love to drive one mind, people always said the golf was a boring car, I drove my mates GTD and actually thought it was a decent little car, certainly capable. People have always said the RS3 was a bit mundane. Fast, but not very focused.

Still dont like Audi mind, probs the most boring cars on the planet in terms of looks.

Not sure if I like the look of those BMs. Not that I like the Audi either though. But the BMW sound's fantastic in car on the track!!! Really surprised at how good it sounds, it's not synthesised is it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It all depends. He's reviewing the cars from a "what's the best drivers car" perspective. As an only car I'd take the RS3. As a second car I'd take the bimmer.

It's all relative.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Standard modern Audi procedure. Great cars as objects, but very uninspiring and dull to drive.

Quattro GmbH should have the sign-off on all Audi models.

I know it's not the point, but we'd finally get some slightly more exciting Audis further down the range.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
So in a nutshell get the 1 series.The audi lost 10mpg to the bmw,thats poor.And it was also no quicker for its launch control more power and fake 4wd.

I didnt know enough about either car to comment so i never have but im glad people like harris give a daily account aswell as a performance one.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Dat noise! The hate as well? Looked genuinely angry at the Audi.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Obviously. But I can't recall him being that angry/disappointed about anything. Shows how bad it really is.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Quite unbelievable that Audi stick an RS badge on that.

Beemer has promise though - 38mpg - WTAF?! I could be tempted a few years down the line.

They'll be a used bargain in five years or so. Hopefully they'll avoid the M Tax too.

TBF I wouldn't imagine that many RS3 owners are going to be tracking their car, or even pushing hard enough on the road to notice the catastrophic understeer that hero drivers so hate. It's pretty clear that the Audi isn't some tail happy hardcore weapon. It's a fast cruiser for covering ground in comfort and safety. Not everyone lives their life a lap at a time.

Also, and this is probably just me being over-cynical, but I sense some agenda in that video. It almost plays out like a commercial. Oh and the BMW is amazingly ugly. I'd discount it on that alone.

Swift Sport
I'd rather save even more money and have a Volvo C30 T5 and spend a few quid on some nice wheels and coilovers.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I heard form someone in Munich that the 1 Series is getting X-drive! Might be the next Gen though, i cant remember

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
TBF I wouldn't imagine that many RS3 owners are going to be tracking their car, or even pushing hard enough on the road to notice the catastrophic understeer that hero drivers so hate. It's pretty clear that the Audi isn't some tail happy hardcore weapon. It's a fast cruiser for covering ground in comfort and safety. Not everyone lives their life a lap at a time.

Also, and this is probably just me being over-cynical, but I sense some agenda in that video. It almost plays out like a commercial. Oh and the BMW is amazingly ugly. I'd discount it on that alone.

I agree. That's what makes it the perfect match to the M135i.

That's the problem though, I believed the RS Audi branding to be everything to all men. So where's the 1M rival? Is the RS3 as good as it gets from Audi in this segment?

RX7 FD
That is because is was filmed by Chris himself not his usual chap. Plus edited at home too! He does mention at the start it is a "home movie"

Love the macca. Sounds lovely too.

RX7 FD
I can forgive him every now and again for some semi professional bits of production.

Especially when he gives me some supercar sex appeal to drool at.