ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Incredible machine.

Surprising how capable it is on bicycle tyres. Makes perfect sense though...in real terms they do have so little to do. Amazing. Want one.

DeltaWing-22032012.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's amazing.

It goes against everything you've ever known about cars, but then at the same time, when he explains it, it makes you feel like general car manufacturers have been doing it wrong for all this time.

Awesome bit of kit.

Incredible machine. I can see all bespoke racing cars eventually adopting this approach. Not sure about general car manufacturers though, Wales. I don't think the packaging would really fit in an Astra.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Only a short one this time.

Oh and the DeltaWing from last week is an incredible piece of machinery :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Doesnt the Delta Wing have the same engine as the new 2013 Renaultsport Clio? Obviously in a different tuned state!

Swift Sport
I've never been a fan of comparing car to bikes, it's like comparing men to women... You're just fighting a battle you're never going to win.

Lotus Elise
That GT2 RS is some bit of kit. The rate of acceleration above 150mph is incredible.

I dont mind comparing cars v bikes as long at its round a track ;)

Swift Sport
Love it when they test cars that you could potentially own, even better when they're tested on a track you know too...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Brilliant vid!

VXR drives much better than expected.

CH makes a valid point at the end regarding the M135i. I know where I'd be spending my money ;).

Good vid. I was expecting the Ford to post the slowest lapt time, but I didn't think the all mighty Megane would get beaten by the Astra.

Swift Sport
I took the Astra around Rockingham earlier in the year and was pleasantly surprised too, although I couldn't get over how huge hatchbacks feel these days. I still hated the gearnob though.

Agree on the size thing. I saw an old Toyota Corolla parked up next to a new shape Ford Ka a couple of days ago, the Ford looked bigger in Every dimension. It's mental! I know which I'd rather have a crash in, but still...

Swift Sport
Surely though, if the Ka and Twingo etc can achieve 5-star NCAP ratings then why does an Astra/Clio have to be the size of a tank? I know they have more equipment and more legroom, boot space etc but cars seem much bigger than necessary... All with tiny windows and poor visibility too.

Yeah, the size of pillars in cars is getting a bit ridiculous. That Astra for example, you see inside when he's out on track that there's an absolutely Massive blind spot created by the A-pillar. Surely that's not safe? Quite distracting I should imagine..

Although at the same time we want chassis rigidity and also to have the ability to barrel roll into a field with at least some chance of survival.

I think I'll stick with chunky pillars personally. Anyone else is welcome to trade-in their horrible modern car for a Nova.

Swift Sport
Although at the same time we want chassis rigidity and also to have the ability to barrel roll into a field with at least some chance of survival.

I think I'll stick with chunky pillars personally. Anyone else is welcome to trade-in their horrible modern car for a Nova.

I think you're exaggerating our opinions, Royston. I'd happily have any of the cars in the review, it's just a shame that cars are getting so lardy these days.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I'd actually get the Focus, I prefer the looks.

I agree with the whole pillar thing on modern cars, they do create massive blind spots. But they have also started designing windscreens to be more aerodynamic, which is great except it means the are stretch backwards and to carry that them on inside they put a huge dash in that you can't see over, so you have no clue where the end of the car is.

172 Race Car
^my Mondeo is like that. Its a new shape one. Its a big old barge anyway but really hard to see/judge where the front of the car is

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One week we compare the Focus RS with the meg and Astra then the next it's the ST.

I think even the journos have missed the whole point of this ST. I need to watch the video again.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
SLS GT AMG video from 28 Nov, can't find anything from the week just gone though?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Whats happened recently with the Harris Drive videos? There hasn't really been a proper one since the hot hatch shootout. Didn't see one last night...