ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The cloth bit around the gear changer

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
The cloth bit around the gear lever has come loose and I think I may have snapped off the plastic clip bits. Any clever ideas on how to get this stuck back down?? All I can think of is superglue but not keen on tht!

TeZ

Non RS : (
Yep £5 ish form stealers, just take off cut your tie , you will get a new one fitted in the sleeve ready to re fit, 2 mins Max

TeZ

Non RS : (
the part colset to the dash has one large pieve of plstic that is hooked unde the Gear surround and the front has 2 very small pieces of plastic just held in place get a sharp knief and run it round the Edge ( rear seat side) and cut the 2 small rods of plastic then lift it out and cut the tie under the Reverse pully. EASY when you see it.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
boost, i was wondering how much renault would be charging fr one of these:) mine has done the same thing, the plastic oval ring thats connected to the gaiter will not sit in its holder so i presume that its broken, take it that the plastic ring comes with the gaiter?