ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

A few weeks ago i picked up a nasty scratch on the side of the meg, did it with a pressure washer, totally my fault but i decided to get it sorted. At a wales meet a few weeks ago i met scott who mentioned that he worked for superchips, it also helps that he drives a LY R26. i asked him there n then if i could book in to get a few marks machine polished out.

got there today and things didnt go to plan..... :D

i wasnt aware (god knows why) that superchips/Scott was able to paint and mess about with cars, well we had a coffee and decided to spray all my badges Liquid Yellow. i was perfectly happy with the old one just the track at bruntingthorpe had destroyed two of my badges.

so Scott set to work

DSCF1418.jpg

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

results

DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1430.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

anyone that says liq yellow is near impossible to redo is having a laugh, the pics speak for themselves

whilst riad and myself were there Scott had to go and pick up his supplies. we tagged along to another superchips outlet where all the sprayers and valeter from around NW/preston get their stock and advice.

long story short the stuff we saw and demo'd was amazing, proper professional gear.

i bought some 'Malco' polishing creme and spray wax. i know a few guys of other forums detail with it. and a few have the spray wax on here to as Scott has started to stock it. best quick detailer i've used... n no im not on comission!

malco003.jpg

the stuff comes from america and is trade based, so not available in halfords. the size of the products shows this, most the stuff comes in massive vats or containers, perfect to split between mates tho.... all the people there were raving about it and i have seen it on 'Detailers world' a few times. i learnt some interesting and totally unbiased things about what people say and how alot of cleaning products are made, uses of silicons, cutting agents, abilities of mass sold products which would change alot of peoples opinions, but hey each to their own. Scott is also looking into selling the products via meganesport/cliosport, details of which im sure he will be putting up soon.

used the polishing creme on the car after the machine polish and the results are brilliant, im picking up some more stuff next week and have caught the cleaning bug...

when we got back to the marque Scott set to work on the machine and a nasty scratch got cut away and polished up, there was swirling and holograms all down the left off the car too which were cut down and treated accordingly.

results below

DSCF1440.jpg

after 2nd pass

DSCF1444.jpg

and after polish

DSCF1453.jpg

note my new volt and water temp gauges in left of pic under headunit

DSCF1448.jpg

DSCF1452.jpg

cars goin back to him next week when i have some pennies so i can pick up some show spec aqua mist and im getting the rear lights polished clean and pick up my side badges which i decided to leave there as i had made him do so much work today.

DSCF1442.jpg

will also be getting front fog replaced and front bumper respray as mine is farked!

proper pics up in next few days when shes looking abit better, with side badges on and rear spoiler fitted, oh and yes they will change colour again no doubt :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looking well Naith.

Get it down The Irwell. Willy & the Boys on the door at the Pav will love it.

astra coupe on coilovers
looking goood mate but that dosnt look like a cutting pad to me are you just buffing it ? and maybe some better polish and wax for a even better finish seats look nice :)

looking goood mate but that dosnt look like a cutting pad to me are you just buffing it ? and maybe some better polish and wax for a even better finish seats look nice :)

why would i need better polish, i got the ones that the pros use :rasp:

and it is a buffer... applied after the cut and clean up...

come on kyle, tut tut

astra coupe on coilovers

come on kyle, tut tut
pros dont use nano stuff ;) how big does the buffing pad have to be lol the finish dosnt actually seem that deep thats why i was saying use better polish and wax also what sealent did he use of didnt he ?

come on kyle, tut tut
pros dont use nano stuff ;) how big does the buffing pad have to be lol the finish dosnt actually seem that deep thats why i was saying use better polish and wax also what sealent did he use of didnt he ?

i dont know kyle, not gonna argue bout that kinda stuff when results speak for themself. it was scrathed... now it aint! lol ;)

and if people from all over and 5 units of superchips arent pro's then i dunno what and who is..

gauges are working fully now thanks to bigbob off CS, top guy, sorted most of my electrics on the car

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0002.jpg

R26R spoilers on, got it sprayed up and fixed on by zedilly of MS. top guy who works for chipsaway in preston, had to drill some holes in the boot as it doesnt fit properly standard from renault but was easy tbh... excuse crap pics, raining and cant find camera

Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks very good.

I think the dials look great but why did you go for water temp and voltage?

Does the 225 already have Oil pressure, Oil temp and turbo boost?

Car looks very good.

mainly because i'm getting more... i.e boost and oil temp fitted higher up, more in vision of my eyeline.

volts and water temp just seem to fit in down there. boost one will eventually cover the dash water temp, so i'm thinking ahead :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks very good.

mainly because i'm getting more... i.e boost and oil temp fitted higher up, more in vision of my eyeline.

volts and water temp just seem to fit in down there. boost one will eventually cover the dash water temp, so i'm thinking ahead :)

How much hassle was it to get them fitted and wired up?

Picked up and fitted Renault OEM CF bonnet other day, totally wrong time of year as i got no money for Xmas... but sod it.

not available to buy yet but this was one sent to Aston Marin by Renault, as Aston are starting to use CF on am mass scale in the new cars, esp on their bonnets/wings.

Cf2.jpg

Cf4.jpg

Cf3.jpg

TDK FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

You know how I feel about TDK Naith - can't wait to get her on my corner weight scales!!!

Let me know when your next track day is and I'll see if one of our tame racing drivers can be tempted out with a mars bar and a can/gram of coke to give you some tips ;-)

Cheers
M

i heart the icarus!!!!

matt tbh i still need a cage fabricating, im driving to b'ham in the morning, can u sort me one by then!! haha

Got a full Clio Cup 197 cage in stock, rear half will go but cage will need modifying and it seems a bit rude to chop a full FIA spec Matter roll cage up ;-)

Cheers
M

ValverInBits
Why the volt and water gauge?
You have water temp on the dash?

Love the look of the car. Saw it at renault World series. Very nice.