ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: someph-ing different...........

me and 2 mates all needed sticks, got them from hockeymonkey all inc tax etc my 3 came to £150....the cost of one stick over here

guess you'll end up playing for paignton dragons then?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

me and 2 mates all needed sticks, got them from hockeymonkey all inc tax etc my 3 came to £150....the cost of one stick over here

guess you'll end up playing for paignton dragons then?

End up playing for them? I was one of the people who started the team in the first place :p :)

You a bridgewater player then? I'm going along to watch them smash bridgewater tomorrow :)

Last edited:
  LY R26

wheels look ace mate, they done by a local company i need mine refurbed soon not sure of many places round here tho.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

its a friend of mine that did it, he is a panel beater and sprayer, very good. i could sort you with a contact number or you can pm me when you are interested.

based in shepton mallet area mate

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

update

got a few other bits back from the sprayers today. go's well with the car, fitting tomorrow i expect

100_3621.jpg

also fitted the clear side repeaters, such a difference (cheers jamessrich)

100_3616.jpg

100_3618.jpg

this is a work in progress, just got to lacquer it now.

100_3611.jpg

100_3613.jpg

100_3619.jpg

the engine will help with the colour relationship here

again comments welcome

Cro

Meg'd r27

Looking well mate, any yellow going on the engine cover?? maybe some at the top would look well

80MPG BEEZA

wheels are nice not to sure if they'll match the car though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

batman they suit it so well in person, thats without the matching badges and caf's etc.

jay - the cafs were from piper-x i think, standard sized caf's, bit of a ballake to paint as they are annodised initially but they look sweet, am going to be clear sealing them into the fog holes, you still want measurements mate?

BMW E46 330i Touring

Think this'll look excellent when all finished mate, will look suspect all the way through until finishing touches bring it all together.

Word of advice - remove the lining on the bonnet - it'll rub against the engine cover and ruin your paintwork.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers ads. nah i don't agree about looking suspect but if others do i don't really care, i spose its the price you pay if you don't own anthracite turini's

that seriously a problem with the bonnet lining? will it not effect the paint on the bonnet having the protection taken away?

BMW E46 330i Touring

Sorry matey, didn't mean 'suspect' - just that the wheels themselves look a little odd without any other flashes of colour, but as you build up the yellow effect I genuinely think it'll look spot on. It'll be the last little bits that bring it all together (like cc'd harnesses, badges, calipers, etc).

Not sure how the bonnet is affected without the lining dude, I just know that I left my normal lining in and I had a big grey/black scuff on the red engine cover - -made it look pish. I think a lot of people replace the OEM lining with some silver sound-deadening / heat reflective stuff...? Maybe see what Middo's advice is after he sprays other people's?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yer could do chap, am speaking to him at the moment anyways. i still nee to lacquer it and then paint the engine anyways so no rush

yellow harnesses are seriously hard to find also dude...lol

172 Race Car

mine hasnt got the bonnet insulation and its fine. i think its purely for noise reduction.

Are u still planning to use those black harnesses?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

um...not quite sure yet jay, why you interested or know someone who would be interested in them?

would be happy to sell them now and get some others in the future.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

another small update then...but this is only tidying up really

i wanted to get all the little bits matching together so todays (afternoons) task was to get the wheels off, wax and polish them, paint the wheel bolts black and the brakes yellow. got to do the fronts but had to hang off as the weather was closing in and so was time,

i polished the wheels whilst the girlfriend painted....... they deffo need more coats as i am knowhere near happy with the finish, also noticed that whilst removing the bolts from the wheels just the slight rotation of the wrench has caused light scratching and wearing of the black paint on the wheels....not happy at all, may have to re-paint the bolt holes with hammerite black so its more withstanding.

before
100_3622.jpg

after
100_3623.jpg

oh yeah and another small little mod.......

ordered some coilovers today too.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

it's little details like this that can make a car. very nice!

53 Clio's & counting

what coilies did you decide on then mate? loving the wheels im in the middle of refubing my f1's,trying to decide what colour to do mine

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers russ, yer happy with the wheels apart from the above problem, but i am sure that will be sorted in the week with some hammerite.

have ordered FK Konigsports, can't wait to get them now, get low...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

well not sure if i will even get the coilies sorted as soon as i want, i am having an opp and won't be driving for 2 months, the opp is in april but unsure when, its a race against time......lol

plans are though, loose the a/c got some painted bits to go in the engine bay and also got my induction trumpets to go in with the ducting, that will probably happen later this week. then she will be stripped and bucketed

53 Clio's & counting

fair play mate hope the op goes ok,im thinking of going this way with mine too......

Mk1 Maxim Sport

Looks smart that mate, think the centre diamond could be a bit brighter though to match the calipers, or it could just be the camera light! i had a knee op on wed an aint bin able to drive since an trust me its soooooo annoying!

Qashcow

mmmmmm sexual harrassment rimmage. i thourght about painting my calipers today but as im going for a stealthy look, black isnt going to look quite so 'in ya face'. but im liking the yellow.

where my wheels are on and off the black paint is getting scratched around the bolts but think il leave it until later in the summer and sort it out before any shows. mine are satin black with no clearcoat so a bit easier to repair/respray myself

Just a note to say I'm loving this project, watching with interest. Splashes of yellow sound awful against a silver car but it's really working. Ducts in particular look superb, can't wait to see them fitted.