ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

M

mini-valver

Re: someph-ing different...........

I love that stance dude! Fill the gap between your drive and the road with some tarmac, it'll go on ;)

The only thing about the Konigs that I didn't like when fitting them to Middo's is the lack of thread on the damper to hold the top mount on, only just enough for the nut! Otherwise they were brilliant!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I love that stance dude! Fill the gap between your drive and the road with some tarmac, it'll go on ;)

The only thing about the Konigs that I didn't like when fitting them to Middo's is the lack of thread on the damper to hold the top mount on, only just enough for the nut! Otherwise they were brilliant!

front's or rears?

rears - on the rears we noticed a lack of thread coming through and i am sure i read about this problem somewhere, we rectified this by simply turning one of the rubber grommets the other way up, this gave us loads of thread to play with.

fronts - james noticed this problem and was struggling to tighten the 10mm bolt on the top of the strut to keep the hole lot together, once we fitted the top mounts to them we noticed that the bolt that sat right on top of the strut now inbetween the top cup and the bottom of the top mount was literally doing nothing, so we removed that, it is all held in firm and fast now with the bolt on the top of the top mount.

love it mate think the yellow goes very well, like it alot mate, take it the other air duct on the drivers side does feck all

BMW E46 330i Touring

Stance looks awesome dude, brings it all together very nicely. I can see how it might be impractical though!

Reckon you should spray all the front and rear badges black...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers guys

something i may be looking into ads, but if the rears go black so will the front, sorry limca i would rather keep it now,

cheers justin, may not be using them now anyways

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am turning into a pic ***** i am sure.

anyways, i ended up last week booking this week off for no reason, so with a week free i decided that i would go for the cars first proper clean of the year, i have a visit to wincanton motorsport tomorrow also for the coilover set-up so it is a car week.

well the car started off outside the house, for ease of worrk i wanted it on the drive, but as me and the bumper found out the other day it won't go on the drive, and just to prove it..

100_3750.jpg

before then

100_3751.jpg

after that fun, ended up using planks of wood, i then set about cleaning it, first up was a wash, washed with nxt wash.

100_3752.jpg

once this was done i then set about claying it with megs quick clay (seems alot easier to use than the mothers i was using previous)

100_3753.jpg

i then washed and dried again.
i decided next that i was going to get the wheels off and properly wax, polish and seal them, rears first as that end was easier to jack up.

the wheel treatment included Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection left for an hour each wheel and then 2 coats of Poorboys wheel sealant.

and then the fronts, whilst these were off i decided to try and higher the coilovers aswell before i visit the garage tomorrow

too much?

100_3755.jpg

another piece of work today was to look at my prospeed exhaust, i had a stealth fitted quite a while ago, but for my liking it sat a little too low, too visable, i popped back and spoke to charlie but he said it was ashigh as it could go, so the next best thing i thought was to disguise it as best as possible, with the car being lower the easiest way i felt was to paint the bit you see black, this will reduce reflections and therefor disguise it more underneath the car

before pic only, forgot the after

100_3754.jpg

lol.....seriously though, this is how it currently sits

100_3757.jpg

100_3758.jpg

100_3756.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Clean \o/

Not the biggest fan of titanium ph1s (too common ;)) but i love yours. Needs shorter aerial.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i know about the aerial, thing is i am not sure what fits, where i can get one from.

ideas??? it is on my to do list

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Got mine from Halfrauds. It's £10-ish and about 1/3 the length of the fishing rod :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

will look into that then, i heard pug's and citreon's fitted them too, just not any other bloody renault...lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

I think they are the same fitting as some of the pugs and citroens....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

right 2 pictures to show the difference in height......

better ones tomorrow.....

extremely low

100_3750.jpg

set - up low

100_3763.jpg

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

christ first one is good bye front bumper on that driveway

- good work

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

just for you ads

and a quick side on pic to show it spangly and also to show the set-up height

before

100_3753.jpg

set - up

100_3770.jpg

going out this afternoon for proper pics

and a few pics to show how i meant about the exhaust

here you go...

100_3773.jpg

closer

100_3771.jpg

and just to prove it is actually there

100_3772.jpg

the top pics kind of show that its doing its job really lol

172 Race Car

Good job on the exhaust, I always thought it was abit low.

Did the motorsport place set the ride height for you aswell?

BMW E46 330i Touring

Excellent mate, the properly set-up heights actually make the original ones a bit silly!

The rear looks about the same but the front looks more level now, spot on.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the rear is the same, the front went up, had a look under there this morning and you can see a clean lline in the driveshaft were when it was too low it was rubbing the chassis

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

love this car mate perfect. any other plans for it?

Clio

^^^ Really liking this to, what are the next plans?

OK answered, stripped and caged?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

this will be updated in a few days i suspect...i have something new

a car cover.....this girl is going to sleep for 3 months

may get it stripped and bucketed for the time its ion the road again

53 Clio's & counting

nice one matey, gotta get a cage,it will compliment the cage perfectly,as long as you dont do anything silly like spray it kawasaki green........lol

Looks good, where abouts in somerset are you? Will have to keep an eye.. being in Radstock :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am in shepton mallet but work in bath so commute every other day in this old girl, but not for 3 months now as i can't drive.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

i love this car. how do you get ur side strips so black ive tried everythign they just go back to a dull grey/black