ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

This thread is gay.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol....thanks dan
on another note, dan did you still want that coilpack cover?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

more sound deadening removed today, only got the 3 patches on exterior panels left now, ie on the inside of the rear arches and the big gert lush piece on the roof....fun times
i also got a bit impatient and started pulling / cutting out the brown sound deadening from behind the dash....this soon led to me cutting a nice sized gash in my thumb on my clutch pedal...after almost passing out, puking up and then lieing down for 15 mins i went back to the car....

i have been having alot of thoughts about the car this week, the whole plan with it now is to get it as lightweight as possible, one major factor here is unsprung weight...so...
i have 2 sets of alloy wheels, i was initially thinking of selling both of these and then buying something very leightweight, like oz's or something but after thinking this week i am unsure...the image wheels are alot of moneys worth, look sweet as and are very strong / lightweight already, so i think i have a plan

the CMYK wolfrace will soon be up for sell, probably with tyres also, i will have little use for them...(offers via pm)

so to the Images, currently these are 8" front and 9" rear and they currently run stretched tyres to fit nicely under the arch, so if i plan to run sensible tyres on the car for better abuse i will have to do some form of work to get them to sit in the arches, i have a few options....

sell images aswell and buy some other lightweight 15's
rebuild the rear 9" images into 8"ers and probably have to do archwork
keep all wheels as is and see if i can do archwork and keep the standard looking shape
look at some other form of archwork...
or go for some over fenders...

all thoughts welcome, i understand this may sound a bit crazy to you turini loving bar stewards but this isn't all about looks anymore

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

lol....thanks dan
on another note, dan did you still want that coilpack cover?

No fanks. (I thought I text you??)

I've got a little blue M reg car on my driveway now by the way.... ;) s

172 Race Car

To remove all the brown stuff you need to unbolt the heater box. The heater pipes can stay connected but you need to unbolt it from under the scuttle panel and pull it back. The brown stuff has a trim panel around the heater box.

hile you have the scuttle off there are a few big patches of tar under there. Now is the time to remove the a/c evaporator and convert to a non Ac/recirc blower. That saves a fair chunk of weight to.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers jay.. i will keep an eye for that
the dash is coming out anyways to remove as much as possible i just got impatient and learnt my lesson...lol

its already on a non- recirc / ac blower....

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Because I wanted it at some point, lol. If you now have it you'll either keep it forever or sell it to a non cser!

Neil, can you save weight with the cage? I know its a risky area but is there one out there just as good but lighter?

172 Race Car

cheers jay.. i will keep an eye for that
the dash is coming out anyways to remove as much as possible i just got impatient and learnt my lesson...lol

its already on a non- recirc / ac blower....
You can rip the majority our by leaving the blower in but there will be about 1kg trapped behind the heater

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Because I wanted it at some point, lol. If you now have it you'll either keep it forever or sell it to a non cser!
Neil, can you save weight with the cage? I know its a risky area but is there one out there just as good but lighter?

mine doesn't have gussets, double door bars etc and i will not be putting these in as i don't see the point for what i will be using it for... i don't think the cage is really that heavy, not sure there is that much difference in weights between cages is there?

You can rip the majority our by leaving the blower in but there will be about 1kg trapped behind the heater

it will have to come out then...lol, cheers for the knowledge

Alternatively you can remove the blower, pull the material out and then reseal with a handcut gasket / silicon and a few self tappers.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

mine doesn't have gussets, double door bars etc and i will not be putting these in as i don't see the point for what i will be using it for... i don't think the cage is really that heavy, not sure there is that much difference in weights between cages is there?

If you get one made from T45 then yes there is.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Liking how this is progressing.

I was close to buying DUF... wish I had. :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so this is possibly the plan.... i knew ryan from regal was doing this so i have been talking with him about the work going into it...

4859420169_15e6532337.jpg

4860071452_9057158efb.jpg

4860832981_1cff9e46fb_z.jpg

4861453640_d12d00c942_z.jpg

4861453220_f5e47afe97_z.jpg

4860831181_71905a0667_z.jpg

4861453458_10c0f942d6_z.jpg

as written above this isn't to just be different but its more function over form...this will enable me to keep the Image billet 95's and run sensible tyres

CLIO PH1 172

will look imense if it turns out anything like that golf but not sure what they would look like on a clio ?? i cant wait to see how this turns out!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

indeed we shalt see, i need to get the Image's proper tyred up and on to see what i am playing with really

Ollie's Silver Cup

as written above this isn't to just be different but its more function over form...

Can appreciate that, however, your car looks hardcore on the black image's...those arches would further add to that imo!! :cool:

Would really work I think!

53 Clio's & counting

lol so funny he had to say it twice ;)

Qashcow

nice idea, could make or break it though. however, i suspect with the images it will be made :D

BMW E46 330i Touring

I can be a hater if you want? I'll kick it when I'm next up your way.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

That looks hard as fcuk!!

CLIO PH1 172

*now need new key board due to spunking all over thissss ooonnneeee *

fukcing love that !!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

possibly just sorted proper tyres for the image wheels... i am talking, no stretch and fastroad / track orientated....

i better get some overfenders on order, get some original suspension back on and also sale the wolfrace

chumpmobile

so 'boneeee, you getting arches and that for your clio?
big fan of the golfff's and that looks bloomin bangin!
can't wait to see it done dude :D

CLIO PH1 172

possibly just sorted proper tyres for the image wheels... i am talking, no stretch and fastroad / track orientated....

i better get some overfenders on order, get some original suspension back on and also sale the wolfrace

so what suspention you running atm ?