ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

Dont be a Homo, i dont but a heated windscreen would keep the screen nice and clear. and then just buy a fag lighter heater & blower like i have for when it gets a little chilly. I have that and it works a treat. I just put it on my lap and it blew the hot air up to my face to keep me a little warmer. Fu*k the passenger tho lol

Proper blowers blow somthing like 2000 (somthings) and the little one i have does somthing like 250 (somthings) so if you mounted it on the dash is doesnt really give you much heat.

Or buy a little electric heater that is a little more powerfull and wire it up to the battery with a on off switch.

But deffently dont keep the blowers, the car will look a million time better with just a set of peddles and a steering shaft (i think mine does)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

its not all about hot air, i quite fancy some cold air out of the blowers also....
we will see what i decide, my current screen is pretty dam new also which is a bit of an ass....
i won't be putting no pikey spec fag lighter blower in...lol, it all needs to be a little bit pretty

BMW E46 330i Touring

Surely you being sat in the drivers seat will make it pretty enough.

Trophy Turbo :)

i will see andy, theres lots of time for learning...

let me know what you think as when we did croft i took them off after 30 minutes and replaced them with the r888, the other lads who were in bmw and evos said pretty much the same thing. I did hear that the tread is obviously thick so u may need to get them worn down a bit before you start and get good grip on track.

Keep up the great work :)

Qashcow

theyre a different tyre to the R888 though arent they? as in, the yoko are the next level/price range down?

R888's were epic, but only because you could get them cheaply. im going to be running Hankook RS2's from now on, next level down but £65 cheaper each...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

not sure i mentioned it a little bit back but there was a specific reason why the choice was not R888's or any other road legal semi slick....

its been mentioned a little and obviously the tyre manufacturers are aware that possibly next year there is going to be a blanket ban on road legal slicks / semi-slicks, this will be across the board, so the likes of toyo, yoko etc etc are looking into other things. That was why these were advised, i had a good long chat with the chaps at yoko and they knew the timescale of the car, so what would have been the point of rolling it out next year only to find i need new tyres even though the ones it were on were brand spankers....

it is a benefit they are also cheaper... i will be giving them a good run in, thanks for the heads up though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Tyres have arrived and they look sweet, just to get them on the Image rims and get them back on the car to see what will need to be done bodywork wise,
then to get the CMYK wolfrace pro-lites and tyres sold... will also be attacking the car with a grinder shortly for extra weight loss.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am not going to post pics of tyres under my kitchen table... (where the tyres are)
i will make sure i don't forget the camera next time i visit the car...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

This thread needs new pics ;)

just for you.... not that an interesting pic, but a pic non the less,
would have gone on the car yesterday if i had not attended the TDF RR day, should be going on the image's and then on the car next weekend,

tyres.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yay a picture ;)

They have a nice pattern, so will these have some stretch on your posh wheels?

Qashcow

they look lovely as far as tyres go :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

FLOL at genuine comments on a picture of tyres!!

Get some real pics man and get to work, I like this thread and require updates ;)

Qashcow

but, but, but i genuinely like the look of them lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Yay a picture ;)
They have a nice pattern, so will these have some stretch on your posh wheels?

stretched 205's, how wide are your wheels????

i think i mentioned it earlier in the thread, in 16" form these tyres only go up to 205's, hence the reason i have 4 of them,
on my front 8" wheels these will be fine, however on my rear 9" wheels they will have a stretch.

i had a long conversation with the guys at yoko / advan about the 205 on the 9", i ran that on the images with the Toyo proxes 4's and they weren't to bad, but i wasn't tracking them. The chaps at yoko / advan said they are 99.9% sure they will be spot on, the AD08's have a very stiff sidewall so the fact they will be stretched shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I love it so much on the Images. Really not a fan of the other set.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thanks for the kind words guys,
as mentioned will hopefully be next weekend they go back on,

will try and get pics and show the true state of how the car currently sits...
think you'll be surprised..lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

it looks like i may be going for over-fenders yes,
and very possibly a colour change... i am unsure yet

Converted 172 clio

LOVING the wheels, ive got those on mine, realy like the OZ stickers :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

hiya mate, which wheels are you on about because i am pretty sure you are talking about my very old ones

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

body - the car is kept down at my friends unit, he is a car painter / sprayer by trade.... and also a bad influence

CLIO PH1 172

storm gray, over fenders, 8" 9" wide image wheels, your itb set up......................brb

:hail::hail::hail:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thankyou for the very kind words.

storm grey? what colour is that? have i specced that previously?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thankyou for the very kind words.

storm grey? what colour is that? have i specced that previously?

CLIO PH1 172

No you haven't specced I just think it would look immense !!!! Or maybe a matt finish would suit the car as well

Evo 5 RS

didn't realise a full respray was on the cards. What grey did you have in mind if you don't mind me asking?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

it kinda is and it isn't...
...its only because were its kept is my mates painters... he wants to do it, if the price is right, then hell, why not...

pm replied to

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

plan of attack for tomorrow then as i shalt be attacking the car again...

collection of mark 1 flocked dash
get image wheels out, then get the new advan AD08's wrapped around them. fit image wheels back on car and check for poke (for over-fenders)
remove bent bonnet hinges and re-fit new ones, refit bonnet. and front end ready to be taken to caged for the dash bar to be welded in.

several other jobs but will see how i am doing on time, will take the camera this time too....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so i have been moaned at that i haven't been taking pictures so i made sure i took my camera with me today. I didt't end up getting loads done, but still a productive day....

the day started very early and i was on the road at 7.30am to go and collect my mark 1 flocked dash from get flocked, when i got there a coffee was waiting and i had a good chat with Karl, top bloke and great company...get flocked is run in association with K&R which is now also a register Mitsubishi / Ralli Art dealer in Taunton

IMG_0297.jpg

once i had collected the dash i then made my way back to Wells with the Image wheels and my new advan AD08's to be fitted, by this time it was around 10am...the passat doing a great job of just carrying sh*t

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

these were all done by 10.30 so it was just down the back lanes to the car... so here she is, how she was stood...

on the CMYK wheels, pretty much straight from europe
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

the engine bay has been stripped a little, i wanted to get some extra bracing on the airbox so that was removed and posted off to RS Fabrications, to remove this you have to remove alot of other stuff...oh well
battery has gone as will be running a compact battery inside the car...

the back has everything just placed in after i have taken alot out to work on it....
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

new bonnet and bumper on floor waiting for the day to go back on (bonnet got dented in the bonnet lifting incident, this is new)
IMG_0340.jpg

and when i work on it, it all comes out and gets temporarily placed in a strategic order..lol
IMG_0352.jpg

so it was on to re-fitting the images...
IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

got to admit i love them on the clio, and they sit so so well. As a precaution i raised the front coilovers a fair bit, the wheels fitted nicely with the stretched tyres on the front, but as these new ones aren't stretched i was a bit worried about an arch, wheel, tyre fail.... as you will see from the pics, it would have probably been the case...

camber and poke anyone?
IMG_0328.jpg

rears
IMG_0330.jpg

front's...tight like a tiger
IMG_0334.jpg

very happy, now i have got them on though i am a bit unsure how over-fenders would work as they really don't poke that much....will have to think about that and if i will do it or not... ok so onto the next thing...

the next thing was to fit new bonnet hinges, (these were also bent in the bonnet lifting incident), see below how much...

bent.jpg

ooops...so out with the old
IMG_0343.jpg

and in with the new
IMG_0344.jpg

happy days, i then started to just hand-tight re-fit the front end of the car, the car will shortly be being trailered over to caged to have the dash board bar welded into the cage, i want to get it slightly water tight.....which went totally against what i next went to do...removing the windows, i started to do this and then realised that that would make it totally un-water tight, so duely left them in....lol

i thought the next best thing to do in this case then was to just had tight re-fit the cage so i can literally take it to caged and they can see what they have to work with.... i got some quick snaps to show how stripped i have gone so far, its all gone pretty well, i have not left myself many options as i have usually sold anything that comes out...lol

empty
IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

the spot weld drill came out, some went better than others.....oops
IMG_0350.jpg

the whole wiring loom....will this go back in? who knows?
IMG_0351.jpg

but the cage went back in.

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

and that was practically it for the day... i got the car tidied up, put the shizzle all back in the boot and decided i would head back home, this would give me chance to clean up the wolfrace wheels prior to selling, i packed the car up and pushed it back into its space in the unit.

IMG_0360.jpg

although i did just quickly place my mark 1 dash in to see what it looked like and to be honest, even with the rest of the interior in tatters i was super made up with the result, i think it looks amazing, it serves a purpose but with a little bit of class...

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

happy days yet again....

so in the not so distant future i hope to get the car over to caged.. once thats done the cage will come back out and the interior will finished being prepped, last bits of sound deadening out, gringing unwanted metal away etc etc....
the windows will come out ready for PVC and we will be cooking.

in the meantime i need to sort my shopping list...
new suspension
windows
carbon doorcards...the list goes on

i also need to make a template for the custom seat frames and also chase up the airbox fabrication work, no rest for the wicked....

i hope i haven't disappointed with the update, opinions welcome