ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

Nice; mk1 dash looks well :cool:

The yellow details on it look great too

Qashcow

was'nt sure on the idea of the dash, but that has just got me thinking about doing mine. very tidy, but always would be without cables/fuse box etc. decent bit of progress

Evo 5 RS

Dash looks lush. I've probably missed something somewhere - whats being changed to the airbox fab?

340i

faaaaaaaarking brilliant.

Takes me back seeing a Clio stripped to a bare shell inside ;)

when I trimmed down my wireing loom it was quite therapeutic, even though it took hours and hours and hours lol!

When are you "aiming" to have it completed?!

340i

Dash looks lush. I've probably missed something somewhere - whats being changed to the airbox fab?

He is having an in-line set of four eco tek valves fitted... One for each throttle, should be looking at a 28bhp gain when it's mapped to suit.

;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

the box was mounted just off the inlet, this was causing a bit of flex, so i am looking into strengthening it and bracing it off the block....

faaaaaaaarking brilliant.
Takes me back seeing a Clio stripped to a bare shell inside ;)
when I trimmed down my wireing loom it was quite therapeutic, even though it took hours and hours and hours lol!
When are you "aiming" to have it completed?!

i did think...oh sh*t once i got it out and then wanted to start chopping, thinking i dunno where to start... but as per last week if i am going for the new dash its something i won't need to worry about as it will probably be sorted at TDF...
i want to have it on the road for when the weather turns good next year.... so maybe april time'ish... once the cage is done it will be back to my mates unit and the interior will be sorted...

then to the exterior, over-fenders maybe, exhaust, paint, windows, etc etc... then off to tdf

CLIO PH1 172

good progress so far mate, dash looks really good. if you run overfenders are you going to space the wheels out ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

good progress so far mate, dash looks really good. if you run overfenders are you going to space the wheels out ?

i think that would be the only way to make over-fenders work, that which makes me wonder a bit if its really worth it all.

CLIO PH1 172

YES it would really be worth it !! have you had anybody do a photoshop to see what it could look like?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i could do a photodshop myself if i could be assed, alternatively if someone else can be assed they can do one...lol

Evo 5 RS

He is having an in-line set of four eco tek valves fitted... One for each throttle, should be looking at a 28bhp gain when it's mapped to suit.

;)

Sweet Jesus...:eek:

knobber lol:rasp:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

someone has recommended these for my airbox flexing issues...great idea.... he must have alot of knowledge

QEF122_2.gif

https://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/pro...=1298&osCsid=fcf642474540f0cd5d3e96e369056346

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so i am hopefully looking at visiting RS fab to sort the few bits on the airbox and the car is probably going to caged at the end of the month, the rubber bung above may fit and do a nice job if sat between the airbox and the cross-member, it should stop the vibrations through the box but allow enough movement for when the engine pivots (the little it may do on the solid mounts)...

R14 CUP

Did you sort out a y0zza in the end Neil?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

nah mate, i think i may be going custom, there are a few bits i want from this next exhaust that no off the shelf exhaust will sort, i will be speaking to Prospeed shortly.

the williams looks gorgeous mate, great move by yourself imo

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so on the subject of bracing the airbox i have a picture request if possible...

i need a front facing image of a 172 block if possible.....any takers?

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

this is the an f7 got the same mounting points as a f4 but the hight to the right-middle has the knock sensor

F7-Block-Labelled.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

legend...
do you know what bolt holes are used and which are not off the top of your head?

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

all the ones down the left are used for the pas brakets unless your running none pas then it just the middle-left ones.

not to sure on rest off top of my head but will check for you when i go down to my car today

also thank f0xy and snowman its there pic;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cool man, i have also posted this in media to get wider opinions, i am looking at mounting something of the block so need to know whats avaliable where...
i am still running the PAS but i am on a cup alternator set-up now

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

nah it doesn't bother me that much...
i am trying to work out (if i chose to do it this way) were i can brace the airbox from on the block...

TrackCar & F30 330d

You gain more torque from loosing the PAS dont you!?

Thats that the main reason I have deleted mine, also weight loss and making th engine bay clean and tidy having less to clutter it :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I came in here expecting to have to moan since my last visit, but you filled it with pictures and interesting s**t, good work!

Plans sound very good, mk1 dash looks brilliant.

Evo 5 RS

wait a minute, when did you lose your PAS Chris? I second Mr Neil's quezzy

340i

easy to remove the PAS pump / pipework

but then you need to do something with your PAS steering rack ;)

Agreed, a car that size and weight definitely sack off the PAS you wont miss it at all.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Its really really easy to remove the PAS from the engine, i did it last weekend and put the update in my thread.

I spoke to F0xy the other day at the TDF meet. It sounds really easy to modify the PAS Rack, Just take all the pipes and tubes off, fill the rack with grease and block the holes with chemical metal or weld or a bolt or somthing.

Saves a lot of weight and makes the bay look much better.

Speaking to Daz who has the 172 rack without PAS and he said its much better and its only harder to drive when parking, but your not a girl so i assume you can park first time and dont need 25 minutes to reverse into a space.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

this sounds like it could be a good option
i didn't know you were at the tdf rr day mate otherwise would have chatted

TrackCar & F30 330d

I'm a little shy :eek:

If your running the Cup alternator set up i think the PAS pump is under/infront of the Alternator, I think you can just unbolt it from the bracket. Will need a shorter belt tho, i'm sure Fred has done it on the Dynacup too

I think the only fiddely bit is going to be blanking off the pipes after filling the rack with grease. Really need to drop the back of the Sub frame to get it out easily.

I recon its 1/2 a days work to do the job.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I'll be about this eve mate so could pop up and discuss it with you?

got visitors tonight mate, sorry.

I'm a little shy :eek:
If your running the Cup alternator set up i think the PAS pump is under/infront of the Alternator, I think you can just unbolt it from the bracket. Will need a shorter belt tho, i'm sure Fred has done it on the Dynacup too
I think the only fiddely bit is going to be blanking off the pipes after filling the rack with grease. Really need to drop the back of the Sub frame to get it out easily.
I recon its 1/2 a days work to do the job.

i will research it / speak to fred and anyone else who's done it.... this will be the right time to do it as the cars off the road

Qashcow

i hadnt realised it was that easy to just ditch it all. in that case, mine is coming out too. i need to make as much space in the engine bay as possible.

chrispy was being anti-social at TDF ;) xx

340i

its 3 bolts holding the PAS pump in iirc!

the pipes bolt off the pump and rack

If you want to do it the proper way buy a MK2 Clio DCI steering rack, that will save you blocking off the pipes etc....

Forcing a PAS rack without a pump is a little pikey ;) and it makes the ratios feel weird

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d

But the Manual DCI rack is more turns lock to lock than the sport rack.

I'm using the Volvo 480 brackets and a Mk1 clio alternator. I'm pretty sure its a bit lighter than the Cup alternator set up too.

I was pulled/drove my car when it had no PAS, felt nice and not hard untill going under 5mph and thats when it was a little tough.