ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Evo 5 RS
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

reverie stuff is the nuts...head scratching as to what you're not telling though lol..spill the beans? hidden mega phone?

or as above carbon front scoop

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1

A similar braking spoiler to the Veyron?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

centre console?

reverie stuff is the nuts...head scratching as to what you're not telling though lol..spill the beans? hidden mega phone?

or as above carbon front scoop

yerp, after the falling out with jetski builder next door to were the Clio is kept I don't think I want to give him the money or satisfaction, plus reveire's finish will no doubt be better.

I spotted the scoop and thought the shape would work perfectly, will probably be ordering it and mocking it up

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Well in my 5 day hit of the clio it has started very slow. (spose that could be the nature of the jobs to do though.

First up yesterday was to remove the final bits of sound deadening, these were on the uprights of the rear seat floor pans. i wasn't expecting it to take approx 3 hours. I then moved onto the roof and the large panel. However the very small travel hairdrier i was using just wasn't cutting it. I will be re-attacking that piece today with a heat gun i have borrowed

From here i moved onto marking up were my new door cards will sit, this is so when i get the grinder out i know what i can cut away, however i am unsure how much you need to leave in there for the mechanism / handle to work properly...any ideas anyone?

next up was to sort a seating position and the seat rails, i now have the drivers one in roughly so hopefully that will be finalised and bolted in today to give me an idea, just eating breaky now, then off down there again,

may get photos today if anything interesting happens

200 cup/Btm'd ph1

when are the polycarbs getting fitted neil?? Has Tony sorted out a lexan rear window??

Qashcow

the small 'quick' things always seem to take forever and you end up wasting the whole day doing nothing dont ya. hope today has been productive, ive spent 5 nights this week on mine and not really done a huge amount

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

when are the polycarbs getting fitted neil?? Has Tony sorted out a lexan rear window??

howdy matt. as i was going to say in a minute tony was down today, we trial fitted the front and rear windows and they both fit a treat so get in contact with him as he is now confident he has the right shape. He mentioned to me that he would be doing a cliosport discount which i will be posting up about in a bit but have a word with him, top bloke.

the small 'quick' things always seem to take forever and you end up wasting the whole day doing nothing dont ya. hope today has been productive, ive spent 5 nights this week on mine and not really done a huge amount

indeed mate, tomorrow seemed a little slow moving but i got alot done, more to do today however....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so yesterday started back with the large patch of sound deadening on the roof. This time i was armed with a heat gun, although this still took about an hour - hour and a half it was quite easy this time around.

half off,
IMG_0504.jpg

totally off
IMG_0514.jpg

the clump - i genuinely was quite shocked how heavy this was, fair old weight.
IMG_0505.jpg

and the verticals of the rear footwells that i sorted thursday.
IMG_0503.jpg

So thats all the sound deadening removal on this car i think, and god am i thankful thats over, its a job i never ever want to do again, easily the worst job i have done on the car so far.... prior to my next job i decided it was a good idea to remove the handbrake, god knows why i didn't do this sooner,
IMG_0507.jpg

and then onto something i had kind of been looking forward to, grinding and cutting. This is the first time i have ever used a grinder and cutter. 2 sanding discs and 1 cutting disc later (the cutting disc shattered, not nice) and i was left with alot of shiney bits were protrusions once were, all the little trim screw sticky outy bits gone, this was all the way though the car, the floors, the dash etc etc.
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

there is a fair bit more cutting to do but with the night closing in i didn't want to get carried away on another job so decided to do some mock-ups. The first of these being were to cut the doors today. The eagle eyes amoung you will have noticed i have been asking anyone and everyone about which bits to cut. It seems you can cut the whole lot out, however my friend made a valid point that you will still need the interior door handle to mount to something so you can get the leverage, otherwise it just won't work, so, so far i have this marked, the hashes being the bits to disappear first.
IMG_0512.jpg

that will be one of todays jobs so i want to make sure i go there knowing where to cut.
next up i mocked up a blanking plate for the lettter box to the right of the steering wheel, i am unsure what use to come through there now but it will shortly be covered.
IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

so along with the other bits, this will also be cut today, the cutting disc is already mounted up and ready for me to go when i get down there....
and lastly for the day i mocked up the final foot for the seat subframes. You can just see the cardboard foot in the bottom picture. The subframes will use the existing mount points so are nice and strong but are also super low.
IMG_0517.jpg

super low is good, but it now looks like the battery will not be going under the seat (it just wont fit...lol) so i will be having to re-think that location, anyways thats enough for this morning, i am out of coffee, another update tonight or tomorrow

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Nice, that's on my todo list, any idea how much all the sounded proofing weighs?

340i

IIRC the all the tar patches weigh 12KG~ ?

Neil, you look like some kind of physcio path about to go on a killing spree;

IMG_0506.jpg

LOL!

all coming along nicely... Use some white spirits to wash away the gluey patches left from the tar... It will be perfect then :)

340i

There should be enough room to mount your battery in the rear passenger foot well... Thats where mine went!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

gray did you cut your doors?
do you still have those spacers for the handles?

340i

I didn't cut my doors...

As I had a manual the window mechanism, door handles and speakers!

I can only find one of the R.sport door handle spacers, had a guy PMing me about them also.. I'll try and dig the part numbers out!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Jesus that's alot really. This car is guna end up uber fly weight, how long till she's back out? Its Guna go like a stabbed rat!

Evo 5 RS

lol fumes gone to your head in that picture clearly haha. Nice work

TrackCar & F30 330d

I just used white sprite to get the glue off, nice and cheep.

Those subframes look great. You'll deffently need to lower the steering coloum as your sat so low the wheel will be really high!

BMW E46 330i Touring

You look hot with a beard.

When will you be able to drive the car to my house?

RenaultSport 172

I used thinners too! Couldnt believe how easy the glue came off!

Good progress, as always.

182cup & 172 racecar

I did ours in the late summer,got attacked by Wasps then got as high as a kite.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

There should be enough room to mount your battery in the rear passenger foot well... Thats where mine went!

i think thats were mine will end up yeah, will keep the front footwells nice and clear for the carbon floor.

I just used white sprite to get the glue off, nice and cheep.
Those subframes look great. You'll deffently need to lower the steering coloum as your sat so low the wheel will be really high!

i have sat in and it doesn't seem too bad, but thats something that can be easily changed, we will see.

You look hot with a beard.
When will you be able to drive the car to my house?

well i was aiming for april sometime, ie when the weather turns, its not that far off paintwork now really, then the engine needs the few bits. exhaust and a new map really

I used thinners too! Couldnt believe how easy the glue came off!
Good progress, as always.

will probably clean it up on monday, thanks for the kind words....

BMW E46 330i Touring

Looking forward to seeing it properly mate.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so, todays update...
as previously said it was to be straight in with the cutter to do some damage.

so first up was my crossmember, before when i had the airbox it was missing this by just a few mm's, i decided that i would give it a fair bit more clearance so marked it up and took it back to the backing behind it,
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

i then realised one of the guys was not in today so i moved the car inside onto the 2 post ramp, warmth and coffee making within reach was a great boost.
so next up was the bit i was a little bit worried about. i pictured up from yesterday the doors marked up to be cut, after a little bit of discussion and thought i set about cutting, these weren't exactly to the original marks but i think this is better (there were some double skins in places)

before
IMG_0512.jpg

after
IMG_0524.jpg

a fair bit lost, but also i kept strength in there so the doors can still hold the door latches properly and pull shut.
below all the metal removed so far.
IMG_0525.jpg

next up then was to loose the last few bits that have been spot welded to the dash and the footwells, see if you can spot them below
IMG_0526-1.jpg

all gone
drivers footrest
IMG_0527-1.jpg

dash supports
IMG_0529-1.jpg

and finally rear tyre clamp bolt
IMG_0531-1.jpg

pretty empty and clean now
IMG_0530-1.jpg

then i was going to cut the piece to blank off the whole next to the driver
IMG_0515.jpg

but a mate found something else to do the job, so from chunky metal blanking plate...
IMG_0519.jpg

to a carbon panel, i may possibly house some switches in here, dunno yet
IMG_0535.jpg

as you can see my list is fastly disappearing, pretty pleased with that as it didn't seem possible early in the week
IMG_0532-1.jpg

and something that wasn't on my list but needed doing and was perfect whilst it was on the lift was the exhaust. I sold my Prospeed a little while back as i need something with a bigger bore to get the best from the ITB's. in the deal i sorted to borrow the other lads standard exhaust to get my to the exhaust builders, so i just slotted it on, just to get it out the way.... happy days... (the rest of the avo was spent breaking my passat...ffs)
IMG_0533-1.jpg

next day of attack - monday
to do...clean glue from panels, possibly drop subframe and possibly weld lots of sh*t

340i

Oh yeeeeeeeeesh...

It's getting there Mr. Boner x

I bet you cannot wait to get it all built up :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i do feel like i am on the home stretch kind of yes, i practically have everything to go back on, it will still be a while yet though
can't rush it

340i

For that aircon blower hole behind the steerin column I used an old number plate cut to shape LOL!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

For that aircon blower hole behind the steerin column I used an old number plate cut to shape LOL!

lol. i was thinking of possibly attaching switches to it, that would keep the dash nice and clear for any types of wires, that or i could turn it into some kind of slot / shelf....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so yesterday was my last attack on the clio for a while as i am back to work today, it didn't seem as productive but its stuff that needed doing.

firtst job of the day was to remove the remainder of the sound deadeninmg / tar, these were bits (mainly glue) left on the inside rear 3/4's and on the roof, so as i still had the heatgun i got to this, took a bit of time but job done nice and neat.

from this:
IMG_0514.jpg

to
IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

and then i notcied something i hadn't before, obviously without cutting the doors out you probably wouldn't see it / know its there, but i have cut mine out so these bits of sound deadening had to come out too...

see them here:
IMG_0524.jpg

and removed here:
IMG_0539.jpg

after this i wanted a bit of a break from scraping sh*t etc so i started going through my boxes to see various things, fist thing was the loom, i wanted to know what switches i would be left with to fit in the dash somewhere, its not many as a fair bit is on the stalks, here is said list:

IMG_0542.jpg

then i found my single wiper conversion kit so decided it would be a good idea to half assemble that so i could get rid of what i didn't need, very nice bit of kit, saves a fair bit of weight too...

IMG_0543.jpg

it was nearing the end of the day then and i had to pack a fair bit back up so didn't want to get going on anything big, so i found more stuff i ndeeded to cut off, i have decided that i will be cutting out the rear boot inners, so that has been marked up aswell as a fair bit of the steering column....

IMG_0544.jpg

so for another day, can't wait to hit it again...

Qashcow

nice one squire, will be a fine day when it all goes back together

CLIO PH1 172

not sure if i missed it but colour is the interior going to be?

CLIO PH1 172

probably satin black again, it was nice before and if it gets scraped etc its easily rectified with a can...

ok cool, but will it not become very dark in there?

340i

ok cool, but will it not become very dark in there?

Thats what you want ;)

mine was full egg shell black inside... flocked dash... brilliant for night time driving, all you see is the road and your dial cluster / pod :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Thats what you want ;)
mine was full egg shell black inside... flocked dash... brilliant for night time driving, all you see is the road and your dial cluster / pod :D

what this man said, even with the rear painted and my dash flocked etc previously it was nice and dark, this will be spot on, just my digid dash to be seen

CLIO PH1 172

hmm ok im still not convinced lol.. just that im going to be painting the interior of mine some time this year and have been thinking about colours ect. i have been looking at allot of track/track inspired cars with striped interiors, they all seem to be bright white, or if the cars exterior paint is a light colour any way they are normally painted the same as the exterior.

when i first striped mine out i was convinced i was going to do it satin black (pretty much for the same reason you are) its durable and easy to touch up, i even went and brought all the paint but since having a proper look around i cant really imagine what it would be like especially in the day im just worried it will be to dark ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thats pretty much down to opinion mate
but i was very happy with how dark my car was previously, the only other colour to go is with the colour of the car, and i don't fancy that

CLIO PH1 172

Thats what you want ;)

can i find any pics of this anywhere ?