ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Re: No Compromise ph1 ITB build (Fastcar, BTM, TDF, RS Fab) - ITB update p77

Neil i need a pic of your bush.

S2 106 Rallye

I had to log in to post here - just wanted to say I think your car is great mate. Really brave with those image wheels and I reckon they look awesome :cool:

Here's some snaps of my Rallye - may be some good inspiration for your project:

RallyeUpdates100613-02.jpg

Update110212-10.jpg

RallyeUpdates100427-03.jpg

More here if you are interested:

http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?p=749217#post749217

I was really tempted to look into getting some similar wheels to yours, they look so cool. Don't worry about the haters mate, I get a load of it for my car, but f**k them, we do it for our own enjoyment :butt:

Evo 5 RS

what are they 60mm? spose. I looked for 90s with no luck a few months back but nobody has a machine set for them, so want more £

They're from streamline carbon ^ Just noticed the picture on their website. one of those things to do last minute if the price is right I spose

Last edited:
  S2 106 Rallye

I had these custom made by streamline carbon. The bodies are 52mm genuine pug sport ones so it was a nightmare trying to get the right trumpets (I didn't have the correct ones when I bought the engine), so found a similar one by KMS and had a mold made up by streamline. Wasn't cheap though....

Evo 5 RS

no, it's not unfortunately. They told me I'd be charged the "standard price" and to send a standard ally one over for molding. Not all that bothered, but they do look nice.

Nobody, not even jenvey seem to have 48 90s on the shelf in carbon

Inferno 182 CUP

I had these custom made by streamline carbon. The bodies are 52mm genuine pug sport ones so it was a nightmare trying to get the right trumpets (I didn't have the correct ones when I bought the engine), so found a similar one by KMS and had a mold made up by streamline. Wasn't cheap though....

SELL ME YOUR CAR ITS THE FUCKNG SEX

Roller barrell bodies? bet they wernt cheap!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

But if you do that then those little bits could rust/go manky. I dont know how far Caged is from you but just drive there with the metal sleves and a new poly bush, then press the new sleve in and then slip the new bush in so it sits flush and then get caged to tak them in for you in that position (after you've removed the bush again)
No Compromise = No Bodging :)

popped down to the car, collected the little straps that go between the chassis and subframe/wishbones (as missed them the other day) and also the wishbone powerflex kit (so i had it with me), then headed over to Caged, got there and chatted to guys and they told me the stuff had already gone to be shotblasted... i said no worries and i would pop back then they insisted on taking the bush kit off me and just sorting it themselves....lol, awesome. So happy with there help / service

I had to log in to post here - just wanted to say I think your car is great mate. Really brave with those image wheels and I reckon they look awesome :cool:
Here's some snaps of my Rallye - may be some good inspiration for your project:
More here if you are interested:
http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?p=749217#post749217
I was really tempted to look into getting some similar wheels to yours, they look so cool. Don't worry about the haters mate, I get a load of it for my car, but f**k them, we do it for our own enjoyment :butt:

thank you for the very kind words mate, appreciate it, the wheels aren't that outrageous now they have proper tyres on, really really can't wait to drive it. Had a quick browse over your thread but will have a good look when i have more time, looks awesome

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

So whilst at tdf yesterday after taking bummer up to see his car again I spotted this Radical SR8 splitter seems to fit well at least...
76d86038.gif

I was pretty keen so offered it up to bummers bumper for sizing, I am still considering it, am only worried about clearance issues, will be having more of think

Thinking done, splitter purchased. POW

On another note, off down to work on the car again tomorrow, will be givibg the bay and underside of the engine, and anywhere else for that matter a good clean and paint, update tomorrow.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
as promised above another update is here.

today was all about tidying the bay / front under-carriage as the subframe is away being sorted. So i was armed with various paints, my autoglym engine and machine degreaser and an away of cleaning apparatus, i am not going to bore you with before and after shots of everything as there is just no point...

So front end off, including lights, tucked all wires etc out of the way and started cleaning working from drivers side across... this included all chassis bits, engine block, pipes, hoses, sump, mounts etc etc

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Once i had cleaned all i then set about the various painting jobs,
first up was the cross member, those who have been through the thread will know i cut this and welded it back together to allow more room for the airbox, also as the car will be going a different colour i didn't want this showing through so it was treated to a coat of satin black, next up was in and around the engine bay, some touch ups of paint on the block, then a nice coat on the gearbox mount all with VHT paint.

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

and then lastly with a nice thick brush and a tin of hammerite smooth i got to work painting the inner arches, as mentioned this car will be going a different colour so i don't want the old titanium coming through in the arches, hammerite smooth is perfect for this and will be easy to clean off, happy days and job done..

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

and here she is waiting for the subframe to come back....

IMG_0663.jpg

i will also give the brakes another coat after i have fitted the new carbon lorraines, then the rear beam will also get a coat before the ARB goes on.... but thats for another day.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
picked up a load of various stainless bolts yesterday for the airbox / ITB assembly so will possibly be re-assembling that in the very near future, once that is done the engine assembly can all go back together and i can get it running again..... oh yeah needs an exhaust now though