ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evo picture and discussion thread

PH1 loads of boost!
My 8MR, will be for sale soon :(

IMG_8021Copy.jpg

IMG_7992Copy.jpg

IMG_8007Copy.jpg

IMG_8009Copy.jpg

IMG_8016Copy.jpg

IMG_8038Copy.jpg

IMG_8033Copy.jpg

Countryman JCW
This, but shouldn't all this just go into the JDM thread?

I'll end this here;

Skip to 1:55.

This got posted on the MLR forum... Apparently it's fake, and I agree. The turbo seems to spool up at 7k if I remember right?

Still an awesome car though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the early ones as much, I like the IV onwards - the VI & VIII are my favourites though.

Daniel - I forgot you owned one, it seems bloody years ago!!!

Anyone remember the dude on here from Sussex way who had a few ? he had some silly power ones, he had an E39 M5 too.

Also, are the side skirts standard on the extreme ? they look bonkers!

Impreza RB5 #054
That 8MR is the one! It's between that and a JDM Hawkeye Impreza STI.

What will you fetch for that 8?

I don't like the early ones as much, I like the IV onwards - the VI & VIII are my favourites though.

Anyone remember the dude on here from Sussex way who had a few ? he had some silly power ones, he had an E39 M5 too.

was it a black one? i remember following a project on a black one ages ago but not sure what forum it was on

was it a black one? i remember following a project on a black one ages ago but not sure what forum it was on
The dude did have a black one yeah, he also had one with a load of tacky add on bits on it, he sold the bits off as they fetch a lot of money & turned the car round so it was really nice, I think that one was either silver, or white.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/MLR Evo Buyers Guide v1_00.pdf

All the answers you will ever need on Evos.

Basically 1-3 same chassis with different body panels spoilers and an evolution of engine.

4-6 all use same chassis again with different panels and different suspension. All use 4g63 engine and have 276bhp (gentlemans agreement in Japan) loads of special editions and variants. 6 was onwards were the first sold in the UK, anything before is a grey import.

7-9 same chassis very slight changes in body panels. Loads of different editions including the FQ's that were all uk edition only versions

10 all new chassis and a fair few variants

cheers, I recall reading about that gentlemans agreement, something to so with homologation right?

The dude did have a black one yeah, he also had one with a load of tacky add on bits on it, he sold the bits off as they fetch a lot of money & turned the car round so it was really nice, I think that one was either silver, or white.

yeah thats the one, was running crazy power!

Clio 172 182 197 200
That 8 is worth around 12,500/ 13, 000 with its milage and spec.

It's by far the best car ive driven apart from my mothers modus :D

Evo 6, E92 320d

Ant1 , he's had some lovely ones.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i love evo's, unfortunately not as much as imprezas anymore though, only driven an impreza so i'm sure that could change ;)

the V/5 is my favourite i think. i like the rest onwards too, don't know why some don't like the 10 either? i think it looks great.
my old I.T teacher at school had a 5 or a 6 (can't remember) and it was running 460/80 ish iirc. used to bring it into school sometimes. looked so tidy. he was on the lancer register too. sold it now though :(
now drives an astra lol

evo's are lovely, my dad managed to bin his 10/X (let's not go in to details), wouldn't have been a write off if all the airbags that went off didn't go off. i personally like the 5's, 6's, 8's and 10's. in a few years time i would love to think i could afford to own a black evo 8.

that evo in that vid is crazy, the boost comes on so late but when it does it just goes!!!

milkyway, your evo is stunning!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This is incredible

attachment.jpg

i know the wing is adjustable, but what are the real world advantages of it and could I get a technical explanation of how adjusting the angle affects the car please.

i knew this thread would get me hooked :(

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If the rear wing is adjusted so that it sits at an angle then more down force will be created but top end speed will be loss as it makes the car harder to cut through the air, if it sits stright like it is in that picture then down force will be lost but it will gain a better top speed.

Well ive been looking at evo's for some time now and this is just making me want to get one more and sooner haha

Countryman JCW
Ah right, so more downforce, less rear wheels lighting up?

sorry of that's incorrect on 4wd, but I've seen these things very sideways lol

A little more downforce at speed yes, keeps it straight and true at high speed basically.

I think the Evo you have pictured there has a special party piece, once the bonnet is up ;)

image-26.jpg

heres a great video of it too... Seriously worth a watch

http://youtu.be/3y7qfwZ00zI

clio 182
Oh go on then.....

3ad4850e4d5304e0e61dc0398112ec65.jpg

e1561831398d2a5f5248a9d329347fb8.jpg

a162d30f.jpg

396.jpg

B8BD88B6-F37B-4745-B0ED-9BDF47BB7A89-12465-0000103371BE2788.jpg

spent a fortune on it, awesome on track.... But inevitably it ended with a rod through the block! Still miss it but turbos and track cars cost too much money :(

95EC890E-D2EF-4A56-9C7B-663A311775CD-13909-000017FCB77ABE25.jpg

4F10DAD1-F12C-4CA0-A03B-536DB8296195-13909-000017FCD07A330A.jpg

Officially dead :(

9868A7DF-684D-4843-A940-E9E60442D083-14922-00001698EA945DD4_zpsaebf5be1.jpg

Countryman JCW
7,8,9 400bhp 400ftlbs, but some say 450... I personally thing you're pushing it then.

4,5,6 I think 350-400bhp as the rods are said to be like tooth picks.

There is a popular upgrade known as a "rod job" that you can go up to 500-600bhp. I'm guessing its just a case of using forged rods.

Go on the MLR, it's free to join and you can view most of the forum without paying if your looking for info. If you can, get to an MLR sprint and get some of them to take you out for passenger laps, wicked fun!!!

PH1 loads of boost!
The 7-9's will run 400/400 all day long with no problems at all as long as it's serviced properly. Mine made 416hp/396ftlb four years ago and has never missed a beat. It's had a couple of clutches but no worries engine wise at that power.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Are impreza engines better with regards to mods compared to these? Or do the internals of them need work after 400/400 too?

Interesting info though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You can mod the evo far more safely than the impreza, hence why there are far more higher running evo's than subarus. The internals are better in the evo, don't know the ins and outs though.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Many Newage 2.0 STI Imprezas running over 400 on stock internals and have done myself, there are also people pushing them over 500bhp.....Its a very strong engine so don't believe the myth they all have "chocolate pistons" as is the saying. The Newage STI also has a very strong gearbox in the 6speed, almost bullet proof and being pushed over 700bhp