ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Heel Toe Mod!

I did this on my car earlier today and its changed the driving completely!

Basically all you need is:

2 10MM Nuts (Theyre very common ive got loads around the house from various stuff)
P1010334.JPG

and a socket set ( I recommend using a long 10mm socket but I managed to use a regular 10mm)

pedalq.jpg

Basically as marked in the picture you remove nut 1, 2, and 3. the red circle is the plug, you might want to unplug it, its just a push tab jobbie. When the pedal is out of the way put the 2 spare 10mm nuts onto number 3 and tighten up. From there you basically put the pedal back on then the bolts for 1, 2, and 3 then plug the pedal back in.

Your throttle pedal should then be nearly an inch closer to you making heel and toe'ing easier!!

Obviously do this at your own risk

Any grammer, spelling - dont give a flying f*ck!
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6506/pedalq.jpg

Just a thought, but when 'ball & little toeing' like this....

[youtube]hCSGdzrsG3s[/youtube]

...it always seems to me that in the circumstance when you actually need to do it - you are depressing the brake enough so that the other side of your foot inherently meets the acc pedal anyway, so I'm not sure they need lifting?

The problem is that if you brake hard and try this technique with a modified lifted acc pedal you could end up just riding the accelerator under braking and then blipping way too high in the rev range?

May just be my understanding/use of technique mind?

i get what your saying but now i can just roll my foot off the brake onto the acc.
also not sure if its a placebo effect but its more comfortable for the ankle on long journeys

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Or just find someone to whip you up something like this

DSC01675.jpg

Extended Accelerator Pedal

I had a 200SX before my Clio, and it was a doddle to heel n toe with that, likewise my old CTR. The pedal on the Clio was just too far back for me and it was a struggle to roll onto it. Fred drove my car the other week and had no problems at all though. How are you liking the 200SX anyway?

I never had problems Heel and Toe-ing the clio until now, yet the ZR accelerator was pretty much level with the brake, just like the SX. So who knows, may just be a mental thing.

And loving it atm thanks, but I'm still in the honeymoon period.

I'm having the same problem. I can heel n toe but it's really hard to get a proper blip of the throttle consistency. I've tried different shoes and different seating positions to limited effect. Has there been any developments in the modifications market for this?

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
I'm having the same problem. I can heel n toe but it's really hard to get a proper blip of the throttle consistency. I've tried different shoes and different seating positions to limited effect. Has there been any developments in the modifications market for this?

i agree. i have no problem with the original setup. just the throttle response seems to slow sometimes to give enough revs.
anybody any ideas? ( btw i know this is an old thread)

rgds robert

350z, Subaru Legacy
Cable throttle conversion FTW! ;) tbh I think the standard setup is not too bad anyway, just a bit of practice really.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I've always found the faster I slow the car on the brakes the easier heel and toeing is. My pedal is right down towards the accelerator and no mods are needed. The clio RS pedals are certainly as good as any...

I've always found the faster I slow the car on the brakes the easier heel and toeing is. My pedal is right down towards the accelerator and no mods are needed. The clio RS pedals are certainly as good as any...

This.

It really depends on the technique you have when doing it. I don't do it the way MarkCup does in that video, I twist my ankle more so I can focus on being stable/adjustability on the break pedal by having a lot of my front foot rather than using the sides of the foot.

This.

It really depends on the technique you have when doing it. I don't do it the way MarkCup does in that video, I twist my ankle more so I can focus on being stable/adjustability on the break pedal by having a lot of my front foot rather than using the sides of the foot.

I agree much easier when braking hard but the RS pedals seem quite well positioned on the whole though.

I'm the opposite to this, been practising over the past few months and do the same as MarkCup. Minimal turning of the ankle, just depress brake pedal and the roll my foot over to the accelerator for the throttle blip.

Guess there is no right or wrong way?! Either way no need for a pedal mod in my opinion.

Awaits racing guru to put me in my place!!

Last edited:
I agree much easier when braking hard and the RS pedals seem quite well positioned on the whole though.

I'm the opposite to this though, been practising over the past few months and do the same as MarkCup. Minimal turning of the ankle, just depress brake pedal and the roll my foot over to the accelerator for the throttle blip.

Guess there is no right or wrong way?! Either way no need for a pedal mod in my opinion.

Awaits racing guru to put me in my place!!

No there's not one specific way, its whatever you feel comfortable doing.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've learned a lot since doing that video...when hard on the brakes I swivel my whole ankle now as per Nick172Cup, helps overcome inconsistency when your brake pedal goes long mid-session...have found I can squeeze a bit more from the brakes instead of having to back right off and wait for the middle pedal to return.