ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Repair that, even I wouldn't bodge that!

Aren't you going to keep it for the winter?? My last last last impreza was f**king great fun in the snow. drive like a c**t and you will still be alive. lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Repair that, even I wouldn't bodge that!

Aren't you going to keep it for the winter?? My last last last impreza was f**king great fun in the snow. drive like a c**t and you will still be alive. lol.

We had 3 days of bad snow last year. All of which I never went to work for so it's a problem I don't have to deal with tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I can't make up my mind what to do with it, knocked back a offer of £4.3k last Friday, got tempted by a local blobeye WRX running 360bhp, but still undecided what to do.

I've had a blob, only running 305 ish. Was nice but didnt feel as raw as the classic.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Advice. I've got the d2 8 pot caliper set up and in need of some decent pads for track in a couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anything bar the original ones. They are f**king useless.

i thought great, 8 pots. They are pathetic.

Are you sure you can actually drive?? You told me this car wasn't fast, it is silly fast. You told me it wasn't that loud, it's absurdly loud. You also told me the 8 pots were crap and they can stop from any speed to zero in a very short time, with zero fade.

Perhaps you're better off with that X-Trail. Maybe it suits your 'style' of driving...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anything bar the original ones. They are f**king useless.

i thought great, 8 pots. They are pathetic.

Agreed. They are fine for road and I get the impression there will be very little if any fade with better pads in

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Daniel they are crap for 8 pots. A good spirited drive and they will fade like a mate who owes you £20. Daniel it is not silly fast, maybe compared to the tractors you drive but it's not exactly 'rapid'
imprezaworks I think they are called bluestuff NDX which are supposed to be a great all rounder.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok cheers. I've been for a spirited drive and find them 'ok'. On track would be another ball game. I was heading towards the performance friction ones?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel they are crap for 8 pots. A good spirited drive and they will fade like a mate who owes you £20. @Daniel it is not silly fast, maybe compared to the tractors you drive but it's not exactly 'rapid'
@imprezaworks I think they are called bluestuff NDX which are supposed to be a great all rounder.

I'll book a day off work, i'll gladly show you how to drive properly. x

(How can you say it's not fast?? My mates 535d can't get anywhere near it and they're hardly slow)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I didn't say it's not fast, it's just not silly fast. The RS6 was silly fast but that had circa 200bhp more.
You can gladly drive up here again mate. I would love another go in it since you fixed the leaks lol.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The saving has commenced! Swaying more towards a Blob STI than a wagon now.......

I don't want to copy my mates though. I'd want a blue one too!

Didn't know you'd bought one Daniel until seeing this thread again today

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Won't be until after Christmas, hopefully end of jan/February.
I will need to decide whether to sell the Clio or not to put towards it :(

No, down to a few other things causing a rebuild. Lots including mine have been mapped maffless, one less thing to worry about.
Ah right.
Are you sure you can actually drive?? You told me this car wasn't fast, it is silly fast. You told me it wasn't that loud, it's absurdly loud. You also told me the 8 pots were crap and they can stop from any speed to zero in a very short time, with zero fade.

Perhaps you're better off with that X-Trail. Maybe it suits your 'style' of driving...
LOL!!!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You think? A decent set of wheels and its good to go IMO. The car in the pics looks good tbf, the description not so.

You think? A decent set of wheels and its good to go IMO. The car in the pics looks good tbf, the description not so.
Yep I think it looks like it's had a really hard life, I bet it's been run on really low budget too, given that students have owned it. Also that engine bay is manky! I reckon it's heap.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
You might be right. Few have shown interest, and the guy selling it has provided more photos of paperwork etc. I wouldn't buy it personally, sure someone will.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think it's possible to find an unmolested example of a blob STI nowadays? Think I'd like to go for an 05 model (this with the wider track etc)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
300 in 4 years wasn't it?

Looks tidy! Couldn't have black though