ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Cup In bits
That blob eye shouts out clocked to me for some reason. He sounds like a bit of a thrasher trying to sugar coat the car, maybe just me and one pic is not acceptable.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I couldn't believe it's just got one pic!

"It has loads of stone chips on it" just what you are after.......

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
That's the one I linked the other day. Sold in a day on scoobynet now new owner selling already as a p1 he wanted has come up .

Cup In bits
What's the best classic shape impreza to have in terms of standard spec and tunability for track, like Subaru's equivalent of the Evo RS or Renaults 172 cup?

Cup In bits
Probably a STI RA.

I know this much about () impreza's so keen to know. They aren't really my thing although I want to try 4x4 on track next year so I'd be best to buy the most track orientated one, spruce it up, kick its head in and sell it on.

The RB5 has quite a good spec too right? And what's the car they released for winning the world championship, it has a small roof vent.

My first time driving one in recent years was putting a pals one on my trailer when he spanked it the other day, I felt like I could get used to driving one for a while, all the driving controls are solid feeling from the short drive I had.

I felt sorry for him, he just spent well over the cars value at RA Motorsport a few days before doing this.

null_zps52093573.jpg

Last edited:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I know this much about () impreza's so keen to know. They aren't really my thing although I want to try 4x4 on track next year so I'd be best to buy the most track orientated one, spruce it up, kick its head in and sell it on.

The RB5 has quite a good spec too right? And what's the car they released for winning the world championship, it has a small roof vent.

My first time driving one in recent years was putting a pals one on my trailer when he spanked it the other day, I felt like I could get used to driving one for a while, all the driving controls are solid feeling from the short drive I had.

I felt sorry for him, he just spent well over the cars value at RA Motorsport a few days before doing this.

null_zps52093573.jpg
They made a v ltd 555 edition for winning the wrc only available in Japan based on the sti ra with signed seats and badge on boot and was in the same blue colour as the wrc car. All sti ra's from version 2 onwards have roof vents and are lightweight and very close gear ratios for acceleration.

Cup In bits
Budget and how far you want to take the car really dictates which model is best to start with.

Say 6k, doesn't need to be a minter mechanically but I would prefer if the running gear was sound.

They made a v ltd 555 edition for winning the wrc only available in Japan based on the sti ra with signed seats and badge on boot and was in the same blue colour as the wrc car. All sti ra's from version 2 onwards have roof vents and are lightweight and very close gear ratios for acceleration.

Yeah that's the one, I remember Colin McRae and Nicky Grist were given one of the first few each, there's a few in Aberdeen and you would think they are turbo 2000's, they were really quick though.

What versions and spec is the best then as Japs do 'A' spec etc too.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
are you talking about the classics? the early v1 and v2 sti's had closed deck blocks, so the strongest engines, but only 2 pots up front. i had a v3 sti, awesome car, i wanted a type ra but none were available at the time. for rawness an ra or type r and they are the quickest due to weight/gearbox ratios. iv been looking for a nice ra for ages, they do come up occasionaly. looked at importing but looking at minimum £5500 for a v3 now due to exchange rate and importer fees/shipping/taxes etc. not cheap. better to find a minter already imported thats been looked after by an enthuisiast.

Impreza RB5 #054
6k will get you a very nice classic, personally I would go for a Type R, it's a 2 door classic with DCCD (Driver controlled centre diff), No abs and close ratio box and if you buy a good'un you shouldn't have any issues selling it on.
jay70 is far more qualified in all subaru a to advise.

Cup In bits
Yeah its a classics I would go for.

All type R's are 2 door and STI ra's are 4 right?

Rawness is what I want, no ABS traction control etc would be a bonus as its just something else to go wrong and I prefer to drive without it.

And what do Terzo cars have special about them, a guy used to own one in my village.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
All type r's are two door mate, same sort of thing as the p1 but imo a better car. If i had 6k i would get a type r without a doubt.

Impreza RB5 #054
Yeah its a classics I would go for.

All type R's are 2 door and STI ra's are 4 right?

Rawness is what I want, no ABS traction control etc would be a bonus as its just something else to go wrong and I prefer to drive without it.

And what do Terzo cars have special about them, a guy used to own one in my village.

Only thing special about the Terzo is the blue colour, everything else is the same as a UK2000 I think, much like the RB5.

Cup In bits
Can you post some for sale links from the Subaru sites your on, Type R's and and RA's sound the best.

That guys Terzo did used to stick out against other Subaru's and iirc it was 3 door, was a Terzo 3 iirc.

What does an RB5 have that others done except the paint, wheels and intercooler spray?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can you post some for sale links from the Subaru sites your on, Type R's and and RA's sound the best.

That guys Terzo did used to stick out against other Subaru's and iirc it was 3 door, was a Terzo 3 iirc.

What does an RB5 have that others done except the paint, wheels and intercooler spray?

Have a look on scoobynet.com

Impreza RB5 #054

Wasn't a Terzo if it was 3 door and the RB5 doesn't have intercooler spray.

To be honest, the RB5 is just a UK2000 with Silver blue paint, blue alcantara seats, special 17" Speedline alloys and a numbered plaque, think the had a slight map tweak aswell.

Cup In bits
Good man I'll have a look through them.

also is there such a thing as a quiet aftermarket exhaust for an impreza that is okay for performance.

Impreza RB5 #054
Good man I'll have a look through them.

also is there such a thing as a quiet aftermarket exhaust for an impreza that is okay for performance.

The one I have on mine is one of the quietest decatted I've heard, thinks its a ScoobySport system but will have to check.
A lot of the Big names like HKS,Tomei,Blitz,APS are all silly loud, I had a 3 and half inch turbo back APS system on my old Blob STI and I doubt it would of been louder if I ran no exhaust at all.

Word of warning with Subaru's though, the shopping list will never end and whatever power you have, give it a few weeks and it won't be enough.

My RB5 I have now is easily quicker than my old E46 M3 and 340bhp Blob STI and I could easily do with more.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I wish I hadn't started looking at for sale ads knowing I won't have money for one until jan/feb :(

Still can't make mind up with a classic or blob STI......

It's the age thing which is swaying me away from a classic, I don't know why though.

impreza wagon S2000
I wish I hadn't started looking at for sale ads knowing I won't have money for one until jan/feb :(

It's the age thing which is swaying me away from a classic, I don't know why though.

go drive them both, it will have you looking for a classic :)

Cup In bits
Budget and how far you want to take the car really dictates which model is best to start with.

Word of warning with Subaru's though, the shopping list will never end and whatever power you have, give it a few weeks and it won't be enough.

My RB5 I have now is easily quicker than my old E46 M3 and 340bhp Blob STI and I could easily do with more.

Yeah I know, I often read through spec lists and get bored half way through. In order to do this, you have to do this, this and this etc.

I would only go for the best standard fitted bits from the impreza range (i.e cheap) in the best combination then map it front mount. A few whiteline bits to sort the handling, job done.

535d / t5 caravelle

i'm in a very similar position, need to swap the family car, move house, and then sell the cup and get a scoob, maybe more like march/april for me, was going to get a classic ra, but my mrs will be driving mine a few days a week and i will have my 2 small kids in it a couple of times a week, so i want isofix, classics dont have them, so that puts me onto either a bug or a blob sti, i'll get the nicest spec one, when the time comes, if it was my car only and my kids would never go in it, i'd have a classic ra!

EDIT: will be nice to have a few toys and luxuries in a newer car also

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
thought this had sold on scoobynet a while ago, obviously not, looks amazing!

It does look really nice that!

Like said above, I know this from my mate with his blob STI too, there's so many bits and upgrades to do for them etc it's never ending. I love my mates as it is, it has a great set up on it now with an almost linear power delivery (can't remember name of the set up off top of my head)
And he is always tempted by bigger turbo, front mount etc.....

Also, do you think I will miss the 182? Will I look back and think I shouldn't have sold it?
I know a few have gone back to RS clios but I know I'd never get one the 'same' as mine again....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The one I have on mine is one of the quietest decatted I've heard, thinks its a ScoobySport system but will have to check.
A lot of the Big names like HKS,Tomei,Blitz,APS are all silly loud, I had a 3 and half inch turbo back APS system on my old Blob STI and I doubt it would of been louder if I ran no exhaust at all.

Whats the spec on your RB5?