ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Righty I have an issue that I posted on scoobynet. Over the past few days I notice when turning right and the straightening back up the wheel will be off centre to the right and pulls in that direction, give it a few turns etc and its ok again :/. Only really noticeable turning right. Anyway after looking at my struts as per the pic below the four smaller bolts are spaced differently on the drivers side, they are further apart and fill the last holes of the four, if that makes sense. Let me know what you think

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/988292-do-these-d2-do-dampnig.html#post11255768

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Mine is supposedly 320bhp and I can confirm that it's plenty. My mate can't keep up in his 535d. Not even close.

Nice....someone has obviously swapped out the TD04 turbo for something bigger and replaced the 380cc injectors and had it mapped.....That power is also right on the limit of the TMIC..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice....someone has obviously swapped out the TD04 turbo for something bigger and replaced the 380cc injectors and had it mapped.....That power is also right on the limit of the TMIC..

Yeah it's a td05. Someone else mentioned the top mount actually.

It's got the td05, sti intercooler, no cats, turbo back exhaust, panel filter, uprated clutch, and was mapped by someone whose name I can't remember. It's got more but I'm at work and the paperwork is at home.

Last edited:
  PH2 Flamer
The uk2000 is sold :(, and insurance on the sti prodrive is too much for me to justify for the short period i would own it.

Mine is supposedly 320bhp and I can confirm that it's plenty. My mate can't keep up in his 535d. Not even close.
You should get it rolling roaded.

I'm not surprised you sold that UK300 straight away - I think it looks wrong, I hate the little spoiler & the 4x4 ride height.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Yeah it's a td05. Someone else mentioned the top mount actually.

It's got the td05, sti intercooler, no cats, turbo back exhaust, panel filter, uprated clutch, and was mapped by someone whose name I can't remember. It's got more but I'm at work and the paperwork is at home.

If its an STI TMIC then its nowhere the limit, 400 is the norm although a fella from SN (bez) is running 480ish on his STI topmount. It its not been done already, replacing the WRX uppipe for an STI one is a cheap little mod and if you really want to get stuck in, lift of the inlet manifold for a TGV delete mod....At 320 there is definitely some more room for extracting a few more ponies.....TD05's can flow enough air to hit 350 although that is the upper end of what they can achieve.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its an STI TMIC then its nowhere the limit, 400 is the norm although a fella from SN (bez) is running 480ish on his STI topmount. It its not been done already, replacing the WRX uppipe for an STI one is a cheap little mod and if you really want to get stuck in, lift of the inlet manifold for a TGV delete mod....At 320 there is definitely some more room for extracting a few more ponies.....TD05's can flow enough air to hit 350 although that is the upper end of what they can achieve.

Lay mans terms please? You need to talk to me like a 6 year old.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
For the lulz

$T2eC16ZHJIEFHSEpjKz6BSdPylBBtw~~48_80.jpg

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yep I saw it ages ago revving its nuts off in the Cabot multi-storey. It just surfaced on Gumtree!

Incidentally thought I saw you the other day - wondered what all the fuss was about with your 'clean' car as this one was f**king awful - gave 'you' a flash and a wave. Before realising that there is more than one 55 plate 182 in Bristol and that you probably were not an angry 19 year old mongoloid who though it would be funny to brake test me after.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yep I saw it ages ago revving its nuts off in the Cabot multi-storey. It just surfaced on Gumtree!

Incidentally thought I saw you the other day - wondered what all the fuss was about with your 'clean' car as this one was f**king awful - gave 'you' a flash and a wave. Before realising that there is more than one 55 plate 182 in Bristol and that you probably were not an angry 19 year old mongoloid who though it would be funny to brake test me after.

LOL!!

Went fully r****d! It upsets me that Clio's are so cheap now and so many idiots own them. :(

Countryman JCW
Been watching the top gear africa special today where they were challenged with buying estate cars for £1500 and Richard has a Bugeye WRX. It made me smile at some of the roads they drove on and the impreza just ploughed through them all, and more often than not ended up towing the other two. I had a look on the autotrader etc afterwards but couldnt find any Bugeye wagons under £2500... i wonder where he got his from so cheap?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah doubt he got that for 1500. its possible i suppose who knows.
iv seen a nice uk turbo for sale, totally standard, silver, 2000 x plate, 115k 2 owners mostly main dealer history which iv clarified with the main dealer involved, belts done, clutch been changed. i reckon i could get it for around 1700 which imo is a bargain for a winter hack. its circa 4 hours drive away though, which is annoying as id like to see it before committing to buy it. what could possibly go wrong.................

PH2 Flamer
yeah doubt he got that for 1500. its possible i suppose who knows.
iv seen a nice uk turbo for sale, totally standard, silver, 2000 x plate, 115k 2 owners mostly main dealer history which iv clarified with the main dealer involved, belts done, clutch been changed. i reckon i could get it for around 1700 which imo is a bargain for a winter hack. its circa 4 hours drive away though, which is annoying as id like to see it before committing to buy it. what could possibly go wrong.................

Got a link for this one? ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I found out the issue with my steering, ball joint on the drivers side, new one fitted and jobs a gud un. Here's one for you I ordered a set of performance friction pads for my d2 calipers, got the lads to fit them in work and they don't fit, too thick :(. So a bit of mooching round and they need to be sanded down to fit, wtf!!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Been watching the top gear africa special today where they were challenged with buying estate cars for £1500 and Richard has a Bugeye WRX. It made me smile at some of the roads they drove on and the impreza just ploughed through them all, and more often than not ended up towing the other two. I had a look on the autotrader etc afterwards but couldnt find any Bugeye wagons under £2500... i wonder where he got his from so cheap?

Look harder.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IM...7008417?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2331a8e821

There was one the other day with 188k on it (with a brand new engine from Subaru with reciepts!) for £1795.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Lay mans terms please? You need to talk to me like a 6 year old.

The Newage WRX has 3 CATS, the main down pipe, secondary CAT and the uppipe is also a CAT. The STI has no CAT in the uppipe so aids spool and is a cheap mod if you can pick one up.
The TGV's(Tumber Generator Valves) are basically butterfly valves which direct air over the injector for a better air/fuel mixture to help with emissions, removing them gives better airflow on the intake......They're housed in their own bodies between the inlet manifold and each head.....Something else the STI does not have.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just annoying to be honest, should be no need to do it imo. On a plus note solved the steering issue, ball joint :)