ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So the wagon is s**t but a saloon is okay? You Subaru folk are weird.

2k ish.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Any good?

taju3uda.jpg

abumu4a4.jpg

2.0 Turbo? 90,000 miles. Wish it had Gold wheels!

I thought you were comparing it to this?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
So the wagon is s**t but a saloon is okay? You Subaru folk are weird.

2k ish.
Gally, they are worlds apart. The wagon was a bog standard bug eye wrx which IMO is the only impreza I would not buy whereas the saloon you have posted is not standard and looks alright. The standard saloon wrx is a no IMO as it looks so weak compared to the sti.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't mention it's an Sti but I see your point.

Do you guys think the saloon is an Sti?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, at a guess I would say its a sport with some added bits on it to make it look like a uk300. I see why you ask though, waiting for a 'yeah that's an Sti, looks so much better'. If that's not the case I apologise but would hazard a guess as to why you asked ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. My neighbour has a Black Sti rep. I know because thieves stole it from a local garage and ripped the full front end off going out the gate.

2 weeks later it was back up for sale at the same price. Think it was 12995 at the time. 05 plate iirc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wtf! Rich you are one flat owning head f**k!

Are those wide arches on a Wrx standard?

How the hell would I know it's a rep? It just looks like a Wrx Impreza to me but with wide wings.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
True, just spotted it before and thought If someone was after an original wagon etc and not fussed about modding it etc you would do well with that.

Impreza RB5 #054
First off I thought nah not for me, then I flicked through the pics and thought that's really quite nice isn't it.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of wagons.

But for a winter runaround I can see why they are appealing.

A STI front bumper,fog covers and set of wheels would transform that red wagon.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, I actually really like it. (Bet this f***s gally's head)

I'm out of this Subaru s**t. You're all f**king mental!

Anyway. Red one is awesome. Colour suits the wagon.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
There is a cheap Prodrive Bug Sti for sale on Gumtree......£3800....Seems to cheap to be true so could be fooked or being sold by a nice Nigerian man who wants payment via Western Union so he can send the money back home to his sick mother... ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How easy would it be for me to buy that red wagon, and take all my mods (even ecu!) off my saloon and transfer them all over??

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Swapping the mods are easy Dan but the ecu isnt so because your car has had a custom remap and obviously not all engines map the same.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So I'd have to fit all the bits, then get both cars remapped... That turns a bit of fun into a big expense. :-(

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
How easy would it be for me to buy that red wagon, and take all my mods (even ecu!) off my saloon and transfer them all over??

As said, they are essentially the same car so just unbolt the bits and put them on the new one but the ecu will need to be mapped as they are individual.

find out how many owners and if there is any service history apart from the Cambelt.
yes, you would have to map both cars to do it properly.

Impreza RB5 #054
So I'd have to fit all the bits, then get both cars remapped... That turns a bit of fun into a big expense. :-(

I'm sure that it would be a lot cheaper mapping the ecu for the second time due to you not having to buy the licence again.