ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
New to the world of Imprezas - is the version number age-related? I.e. 1,2 & 3 are classic, 4 & 5 bug eye, 6 blob eye and the rest hawk eye, for example, or does it mean something else?

I saw a nice 50k miler blob eye Sti for £6300 on PH.
Is that the one with 5+ owners, current owner bought a few months ago and is sold as seen with no warranty implied or otherwise? Looked a bit suspect...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
New to the world of Imprezas - is the version number age-related? I.e. 1,2 & 3 are classic, 4 & 5 bug eye, 6 blob eye and the rest hawk eye, for example, or does it mean something else?

Is that the one with 5+ owners, current owner bought a few months ago and is sold as seen with no warranty implied or otherwise? Looked a bit suspect...

Classics went up to version 6 then the bug was version 7 etc etc.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had a play on my way in to work today with a 03 STi UK? Went well and sounded lovely..

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Yeh it was that one. Didn't look at the spec just saw the photos lol.

Impreza RB5 #054

Only the STI's were assigned "Versions".
Quick link I found giving brief descriptions between versions
http://www.subaruwrx.net/sti.html

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
265 std, 305 with ppp. They are quick but quite heavy. If it had say 360 ish then that would be really quite quick.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
400+ is where its at.
My next impreza (type r) will be circa 400+.

A lad I know has a 450 bhp STi type R. Brutal thing.

178493_525589927510137_1225142492_o.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Probably about £5k to get 450+. (assuming all new parts and you paid for labour)

He built it himself, well, with another lad I know. All they do is play with cars 24/7.

He used to have a Cav Turbo which was about 350.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
He built it himself, well, with another lad I know. All they do is play with cars 24/7.

He used to have a Cav Turbo which was about 350.

That's why I cant wait to move in so I have a garage. Just buy a cheap wreck and do it up.

That engine bay is actually quite underwhelming for 450bhp. Most you see look insane.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's why I cant wait to move in so I have a garage. Just buy a cheap wreck and do it up.

That engine bay is actually quite underwhelming for 450bhp. Most you see look insane.

I'll get the full spec. There is ALOT of money spent..lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I want my mate to get his put on a RR just to get a rough idea what it's putting out

It's plenty quick enough for what I'd like but he wants more power like most of you lot
It must be addictive!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke with him. I lied, its now got a different engine. I cant keep up..lol! It's now "only" 400bhp as he fears for his gearbox running more. He says it just needs 750cc injectors. I Spec is -

v5 sti type r engine ej207 casings
v5 sti type r heads

2.1 stroker kit comprising
8.4:1 compression ratio
MAHLE 2618 HIGH EXPANSION FORGED RACING PISTONS
manley h beam forged rods
new ej25 nitrided crankshaft
arp rod bolts
arp 11mm head studs
acl race bearings
RCM oil pump
RCM water pump
cosworth sump baffle plate
high flow thermostat
SC40 billet turbo
samco inlet hose
power enterprise 550cc injectors
dccd gearbox
exedy organic racing clutch
RCM lightened flywheel
RCM unequal headers
RCM fuel pump
fuel lab fuel pressure regulator
fuel system swirl pot assembly
fully adjustable auto intercooler spray
blitz sus filter
large FMIC and black crinkle finish pipes
decat downpipe
RCM up pipe
2.5 buddy club exhaust system
forge recirc dumpvalve
mocal setrab competition oil cooler
newage remote power steering set up
ngk pfr 7b plugs
3 bar map sensor
running 22psi boost
bob rawle remap delta dash 398bhp 367lb/ft

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That would have cost a pretty penny. Also interesting he's running a 2.5 system, was allways under the impression a 3" would be better.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The rest of the spec is quite good too - WHEELS/SUSPENSION
18 inch oz superleggeras in gold
avon zz3 tires
D2 coilovers
sti strut brace
whiteline arb droplinks
whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar
whiteline adjustable front anti roll bar

BRAKES
K-SPORT 356MM 2 PIECE DISCS
K-SPORT 8 POT CALIPERS
goodridge braided hoses
ap racing brake fluid
no abs

INTERIOR
2 bar boost gauge
ecutek psi3 data monitor
single pillar pod
subaru forester digital climate control
turbo timer
intercooler spray adjuster
full sti9 interior

EXTERIOR
black crystal headlights
black crystal sidelights
black crystal indicators
22b bonnet vents
v-limited front splitter
crystal lights

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We share a few bits. Strut brace, same coilovers, I've got the 330mm d2 8 pot calipers (same as the ksport), goodridge hoses, ate blue fluid. What pads has he got? Also ask him when he fitted both bars if he noticed much difference. Oh and has he not got an anti lift kit?