ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm thinking that once it's quiet, I will lose a part of the car that I love, the bobobobobobobobob that they make sounds epic with a big exhaust.

(Or desaust as my boy says)

I'm having a proper hard time selling my scoob. My current thoughts are to put a quieter exhaust on it (or add a silencer?) and de-spoiler it. Then get the wheels done in anthracite and then put my wife in it and sell her fiesta.

I get to keep the scoob, she will then drive it (she won't drive it with the exhaust and spoiler!) and I can sell her car to fund the van.

What do we think? Would a quiet exhaust and no spoiler ruin my love for the car??
I guess this answers my question as to whether you've sold it or not lol.

Maybe fit the small spoiler some of them have on it ? don't go with no spoiler.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm having a proper hard time selling my scoob. My current thoughts are to put a quieter exhaust on it (or add a silencer?) and de-spoiler it. Then get the wheels done in anthracite and then put my wife in it and sell her fiesta.

I get to keep the scoob, she will then drive it (she won't drive it with the exhaust and spoiler!) and I can sell her car to fund the van.

What do we think? Would a quiet exhaust and no spoiler ruin my love for the car??

Mine had a quiet exhaust on when I bought it - not for me. The thing I love about subarus is the performance and the boxer noise! They're not the same without it.

I'm thinking that once it's quiet, I will lose a part of the car that I love, the bobobobobobobobob that they make sounds epic with a big exhaust.

(Or desaust as my boy says)
Let's be honest, it's stupidly loud how it is. Get a quieter one on it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've still got it. 3 people have said they'll buy it and 3 people have cancelled. Only one of them three even bothered to turn up!

But anyway, I have no cat and a 3 inch turbo back exhaust.

My old classic had a magnex and it still burbled, just not as loud. And it didn't bang and shout like my current one does! Lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
But he will have to adjust the map. Revolution are supposed to be quiet ish. I've got the decatted japspeed which is three inch, it's loud but not in your face. Doesn't sound as nice as my previous scoobs tbh and running the current power I've been told a 2.5 would suit better.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Of course it's been mapped. With what it's got on it, it would have blown into a million pieces by now if it wasn't!

Rich is just a spastic with a s**t sense of humour.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Of course it's been mapped. With what it's got on it, it would have blown into a million pieces by now if it wasn't!

Rich is just a spastic with a s**t sense of humour.
Lol. It wouldn't last 2 minutes on the standard map and it sure as s**t wouldn't be running as well as it does.
Would your misses not mind having a WRX spoiler instead?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The thing that would concern me about a relative driving my Subaru is the utter bellends the car attracts. Last thing you want is your mrs and kids being followed by some spotty teens in a corsa looking for a race!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
That's the trouble I had with my misses. Every time she went out, she always had people trying to get her to race her or dick heads right on her back bumper. We had a baby on board sign in the back too but it still doesn't stop people.

impreza wagon S2000

making it more subtle can only be a good thing, they aren't exactly the shrinking violets of the car world are they...and you get to keep it :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member

Assuming your wife keeps it for 6 months before she reaches her limit and wants something more sensible, will those (de-)modifications make it easier to sell come the summer?

If yes, make the changes now and complete the sale. Cherish the memories of it at its peak, don't dilute them with compromises.

If no, something else is the cause for the difficulty moving it on. Address those issues and make the sale.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Assuming your wife keeps it for 6 months before she reaches her limit and wants something more sensible, will those (de-)modifications make it easier to sell come the summer?

If yes, make the changes now and complete the sale. Cherish the memories of it at its peak, don't dilute them with compromises.

If no, something else is the cause for the difficulty moving it on. Address those issues and make the sale.

If I knew what the issues were, I could. Sadly, 2 out of the three people that have 'said' they'll buy it haven't even been to see it.

The third has just got cold feet purely for the fact it's a 100k mile old 300+bhp Subaru. I can't do a lot about that, it is what it is.

There is nothing physically wrong with the car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not sure what the rules are like on sn for advertising other people's cars but your welcome to send me the advert and I can copy and paste it on there for you.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Not sure what the rules are like on sn for advertising other people's cars but your welcome to send me the advert and I can copy and paste it on there for you.

The mods dont like it....Advertise as if its your own. If people show interest explain you're advertising for a friend in PM and forward Daniel's number ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Very kind of you Dan, but I'm at an all time low with it now, I can't cope with any more disappointment! lol.

Impreza RB5 #054
Strip the goodies off and put it back to standard, reduce price and make it up by selling off the goodies which will fly out.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Strip the goodies off and put it back to standard, reduce price and make it up by selling off the goodies which will fly out.

I think he was going to do that but decided against it because it would need mapped again... I Think

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well... I have to admit I've never been a big fan of Scoobies (admittedly having only ever driven a couple of boggo standard WRX models and a very poorly WRX STi a few years ago). But last night my mate came over and I went out for a blast in his STi UK Spec PPP. It's running a few mods and tuned / tweaked by Jolly Green Monster. Wow - what a machine. Even in the s**t weather we're having at the moment it was incredibly composed and, although I'm an NA purist at heart, I do love that push-in-the-back feeling as it comes on boost. I'm just gutted I caught his new ChargeSpeed carbon fibre front lip on the kerbside as I reversed it out the end of my street... :eek: Luckily no damage done. I've asked for another go when the weather is a bit better.

aascoob_zps94e337ef.jpg~original

Well... I have to admit I've never been a big fan of Scoobies (admittedly having only ever driven a couple of boggo standard WRX models and a very poorly WRX STi a few years ago). But last night my mate came over and I went out for a blast in his STi UK Spec PPP. It's running a few mods and tuned / tweaked by Jolly Green Monster. Wow - what a machine. Even in the s**t weather we're having at the moment it was incredibly composed and, although I'm an NA purist at heart, I do love that push-in-the-back feeling as it comes on boost. I'm just gutted I caught his new ChargeSpeed carbon fibre front lip on the kerbside as I reversed it out the end of my street... :eek: Luckily no damage done. I've asked for another go when the weather is a bit better.

aascoob_zps94e337ef.jpg~original

f**k that's nice. Made me want one again now!