ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it like a natural progression of ownership to go from a Classic to a Blobeye to a Hawkeye? Has the Impreza become a more capable with each new model release?

From a RenaultSport Clio perspective I wouldn't say there's a huge difference between a Ph1 172, Ph2 172 and a 182, but then the 197 is quite a different proposition, and the 200 the same again.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mmm ish, depends what you want/use the car tbh. I suppose the progression would be down to age/running costs etc.

Impreza RB5 #054
Is it like a natural progression of ownership to go from a Classic to a Blobeye to a Hawkeye? Has the Impreza become a more capable with each new model release?

From a RenaultSport Clio perspective I wouldn't say there's a huge difference between a Ph1 172, Ph2 172 and a 182, but then the 197 is quite a different proposition, and the 200 the same again.

Never drove a Hawkeye but owned a Blob STI and to be honest, it just felt bigger and very very slightly more refined and modern compared to the classic, so i'm not sure about progressively getting better as the models come out.

The reason for me wanting to a JDM hawk STI is wanting that little bit more refinement(emphasis on the little) and it seems the one to have due to the DCCD 6 speed box, twinscroll turbo setup, stronger 2.0 block and for me anyway, the best looking Impreza made.

I'm certain its the JDM STI's that Litchfield start with when building their Type 20/25 models.

Picture of Bodski(i think its his)
SAM_0024_zps9f71af0b.jpg

Last edited:
  RS2'd Cup Trackcar
If anyone is interested, a friend of mine is putting up his 2.1 stroker Type R fo sale. Running the S206 turbo setup from EngineTuner and Alcatek ECU.....With a splash of meths it makes just over 500bhp, he is looking for 8k.

impreza wagon S2000

biggest change in the way the the car feels is from the classic to bug but less so in the until you get to the hatch...

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
I brought a blob eye Subaru Impreza WRX wagon SL several months back now, very versatile car, adequate boot space , can put roof rack if require more space or tow, feels safer to drive when weather turns bad, good midrange and pulls well on boost. The negatives - fuel consumption but you would expect that from this level of performance and you wouldn't buy one if economy is I important, Below boost bit of a struggle, doesn't appear to handle as flat (compared to the ZS180 or the Elise) but probely goes round faster, can't say. Expected bit more noise from the engine, exhaust as well. Not into the big exhausts or induction kits as it's the shopping car.

Overall very pleased with the purchase , cant see buying anything else next other then a new version unless it's any of the Audi RS estate versions. Shame they don't do the wagon no more...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can I join In on the Scooby love???

Bought my wagon back in the summer...it's a bit dirty now!

IMG_23812493870132.jpg

With some springs, some decent wheels and an exhaust, that would be my ideal family car. Perfect colour and shape!

Bumder With A Buffer
With some springs, some decent wheels and an exhaust, that would be my ideal family car. Perfect colour and shape!

I have thought about springs a lot...I said I wasn't going to do anything to this car but Now I have decided I will :eek:

Spec is pretty meh TBH

RaceDynamix ECU remap
Walbro fuel pump
Green cotton panel air filter
Exhaust - WR sport back box with resonated decat midpipe (main & pre cat still in place)
Light tint to rear & side windows

Im going to get rid of the tint and replace it with chavvy darker ones, maybe add some springs to drop it a bit and maybe a few other bits and pieces.

I almost bought this one instead but it went before I could offer him any monies :(

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/966511-subaru-impreza-53-wagon-ppp.html

That's exactly the shape I want, but with the wheels TEG has on his.

What wheels are they? Link to a piccy of the car?

Last edited:
  Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
I have thought about springs a lot...I said I wasn't going to do anything to this car but Now I have decided I will :eek:

Spec is pretty meh TBH

RaceDynamix ECU remap
Walbro fuel pump
Green cotton panel air filter
Exhaust - WR sport back box with resonated decat midpipe (main & pre cat still in place)
Light tint to rear & side windows

Im going to get rid of the tint and replace it with chavvy darker ones, maybe add some springs to drop it a bit and maybe a few other bits and pieces.

I almost bought this one instead but it went before I could offer him any monies :(

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/966511-subaru-impreza-53-wagon-ppp.html

What wheels are they? Link to a piccy of the car?

Good choice :) Identical with mine but mine came with the colour coded side skirts, gives the Impression that it's sitting closer to the ground. Is it the SL version as I see the leather seats?

Did you carry out the modifications?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Thanks Rich, much appreciated

would be good to see how your car runs with the modifications if we lived closer, very tempted and in two minds at the moment if I should touch the engine, exhaust to increase the performance.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I really, really want anthracite Revo wheels. The wheels on mine were the only thing I wasn't overly keen on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You mean it actually moves off that forecourt he's always photographing it at??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It does look lovely. Shame it's white, I really don't like white.

But none the less, it still looks good!