ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

TT QS
Drive a 300bhp one. You would probably want to sell body organs to fund one if you liked a standard car.

ps, not saying you can't afford one without the sale of body parts btw.

Haha! I probably would. The all round grip and pace of the standard one really impressed me. Since my last post my moms been in it and now she wants one so hopefully I van persuade her into having one :p

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
No wagons.

The only impreza I haven't had that I want is a type r. I have a garage now so need to fill it with something.

535d / t5 caravelle
I ran my mates 310 bhp classic up pod. Got a13.2 in it, very impressed, more so, on the way to pod 5 up plus luggage and pulled like a good un!

Impreza RB5 #054
Mine is 320ish and pulls very strong, although I can feel I'm at the very limit of the gearbox. It already shat one.

If I was keeping it, Brembo's and 6sp would be going on this year.

535d / t5 caravelle
What kind of Bhp increase does a bug/blob need for similar performance? Would 50 bhp more. Make up for the extra weight?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
320 in a classic must go like a fcuking rocket ship!!

My old one was RR'd (somewhere?) at 315 .. 300 between 5 & 7 and peaked somewhere around 6ish.. 433Nm @ about 3-4k was unreal. Would out pull my mate's E46///M3 mid range .. he'd catch up at the top and I'd change gear and repeat until hundy-and-whatnow. Dead even overall.

Don't think I ever entered a m'way at less than a ton.

Silly.

Current bus is standard and staying that way.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Normally priced around £1500 for the box, prop, rear diff and shafts. It's pretty much fit and forget due to how strong they are, I'm sure I've read boys pushing 500-600bhp through them without problem.

No on the black lights from me. :)

http://bit.ly/1dfJJK9

Mmm ok, thought they may look good, maybe to gangster though. Crystals? That's not a price and upgrade if you had those plans in mind and your current gearbox fucked off.

What kind of Bhp increase does a bug/blob need for similar performance? Would 50 bhp more. Make up for the extra weight?
\

What are you used to? If like me the quickest thing you are used to on a daily basis is a 1*2 or similar then 280bhp in a bug/blob is mightily impressive!

535d / t5 caravelle
Currently a 172 cup, previously, lots of clios, mr2 Turbo, 205 mi16, 420bhp sapphire cossie ( dont ask. Didn't last long ) so I guess, as of now I'm. Used to Clio pace, more grunt needed :) mates scoob was nice at 310 bhp, but you always want more don't you.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Normally I'd agree with wanting more but tbh 300 in a scoob (classic) is fine. I have considered big turbo and all that don't get me wrong. But unless someone posts a couple of grand through the door I will stick with what I've got.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mines whatever horse power it is, (two people have said it's more like 340/350!!) and I don't need more. Certainly not for a road car.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I went out for a blast in mine last night and it's quick but still doesn't stop me wanting more but with classics that normally leads to big bucks.

In my old wide track I could slap a big turbo on and map with that cranberry (or whatever it's called) and bobs your uncle - reliable 400bhp!

172/B8 Quattro
A classic with 300hp is like a new age with 350hp and it doesn't cost much if your used to doing mods yourself. Look at the clios if wanting big power, subarus are certainly cheaper costs for power upto 400hp. Over that then its rebuild time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just buy one which has had the work done. Yeah it's nice buying a standard car but chances are you will want a touch more power

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My car isn't holding coolant :dapprove: Checked it a few days ago and it was low, filled up, checked it again this morning and it was low, popped over to mechanics and he said there is 100% a leak somewhere, just need to leave it a few hours to properly cool down so we can check. He's popping round at 5 or 6 to check it through, hopefully sort it now before it escalates!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
My car isn't holding coolant :dapprove: Checked it a few days ago and it was low, filled up, checked it again this morning and it was low, popped over to mechanics and he said there is 100% a leak somewhere, just need to leave it a few hours to properly cool down so we can check. He's popping round at 5 or 6 to check it through, hopefully sort it now before it escalates!

I hope (in the nicest possible way) it's an external leak if you know what I mean. Checked your oil?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I hope (in the nicest possible way) it's an external leak if you know what I mean. Checked your oil?
Haven't checked it today actually but it's new ish oil and filter, everything looks clean up top so it's definitely not leaking near the rad or oil cap, no gunk or anything.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't checked it today actually but it's new ish oil and filter, everything looks clean up top so it's definitely not leaking near the rad or oil cap, no gunk or anything.

It's a bit worrying that you're not seeing anything on the floor although it could just be leaking when moving. Fingers crossed anyway.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Temp gauge was high, hot air ok. No funny smells in the car, although when the bonnet was up first thing I could smell was coolant.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Temp gauge was high, hot air ok. No funny smells in the car, although when the bonnet was up first thing I could smell was coolant.

If it's got an undertray fitted and there is a leak, you'll struggle to see it. I'd remove the undertray, then park it up running for 20 mins or so. If there's a leak you'll see it on the floor.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ffs what bulbs are in a blobeye impreza??

Need some replacement dipped and mains (are they the same bulb??) And the handbook says hb3 and h1 (I think) and any online "search" says they are H4.

Can't check as mine is at home and I'm driving the gaylander today.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

checked rad hoses? if they are standard they are prone to leaks. is the rad itself ok? they too corrode quite badly.