ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Bit of an update, did a pressure test and the coolant was pissing through a TINY crack on the corner of the rad, really didn't think the rad would have been at fault, no corrosion at all, looks in great nick! Luckily my mechanic has a spare Subaru one lying around, ill give that a clean and whack it on tonight.

i was right then. ;)

Too much chat and not enough pictures...

13533268bf849610d9370b8100552b7e.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jim that looks lovely now! Those wheels make it a lot more up to date! Lovely.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Question. Just bought some crystal headlights which are an electric adjust, mine are manual. They will still work just need to adjust by hand?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
No more coolant leaking! :D However, I need to change the plugs next as it's not running very well, very hesitant when on full boost.

Went up to see a mates old classic. Yellow 370bhp STI, WR1 gearbox, was jealous! The body is quite rough though, it's had a knock on the n/s headlight so needs a bit of work.

Took a quick pic of mine up at his yard earlier so ill whack that up when I'm on my mac.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah I had a look before and thought fcuk that lol. What colour are the injectors meant to be on the classics btw? I noticed mine were yellow.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Liam what brakes have you got? I'm doing a few bits to mine next week.

rear drop links.
alk
rear triangle brace.
crystal headlights.
speedo converter.
fluid change etc

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
In theory a car is as well kept as the house/area etc. that should be mint lol

Thats what i always think.

Pull up to an epic house then the owner should have looked after the car and the car should have not wanted for anything.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Liam what brakes have you got? I'm doing a few bits to mine next week.

rear drop links.
alk
rear triangle brace.
crystal headlights.
speedo converter.
fluid change etc

Standard setup, although I'm sure they're bigger than the oem pre facelift setup! Don't quote me on that though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Forgot to mention, I was having a nosey through my mates garage and found an old decat pipe, I've given in and going to get that fitted next time I'm up lol If its ridiculously loud I'll just get the cat put back in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What exhaust is on the car? Mines decatted and its more than fine. Wouldn't bother with a big brake set up unless race driver

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That isn't worth £3200. Nasty interior, engine bay looks like its been dragged out of the river and it isn't running big bhp.

There was a lovely UK2000 on ebay not long ago. Silver one. Hold on...

n/a
That isn't worth £3200. Nasty interior, engine bay looks like its been dragged out of the river and it isn't running big bhp.

There was a lovely UK2000 on ebay not long ago. Silver one. Hold on...

Fair enough will keep looking. .... so many claimed to be serviced regular and a complete lack of history on most I've viewed too. Thought as so many of cliosport forum people have imprezas they might know of some for sale. Cheers

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ordered some new spark plugs today, NGK PFR6B's. Looks a bit of a hassle to fit them so I think I'll let the professionals do that lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Whats peoples thoughts on engine oil. I changed the oil back in November shortly after i bought the car using a decent 10-40 fully synthetic. All being well i will be doing a couple of trackdays this year, 10-40 be ok? or do i move to 10-50?

Mines decatted, etc running around 320@1.3 bar.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The local subaru place told me to run semi 10-40 so that's what I did.

On every turbo car i've had I changed the oil every 3 months too.