ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'd like to try a nice bug Sti.

I'm a bit 'meh' about Bugs. Drove past the very one I wanted to view before I bought mine and was so glad I didn't go for a bug.

On another note, my windows work, whoop! Also, my mate has some Porsche brakes for sale, said they will fit right onto mine. Surely I'd need 18" wheels, which ideally I don't want! They're off a 996 I think.

Sad day at the duck pond, just been informed my impreza is a total loss :(

B0EDDE2F-B636-4424-AA60-A39C795FD28C.jpg

66037D0C-C66C-43F8-9CD1-B6E16D6BC942.jpg

B60A5053-C6A0-4D48-829B-AA97E4F90D70.jpg

Yep that's why I'm in the TT.

It was parked and from what I am told a twin trailer hgv caught it with the rear trailer and the result is those photos. What on earth they were doing in any kind of HGV down their is beyond me, its a narrow Victorian street! Thankfully left his details and the company has accepted liability so just waiting to hear what they offer as settlement now. Pretty convinced I'll end up taking a hit on what I paid for it and now don't know what to do in way of a replacement.

Unfortunately the roof edge is dented so it could be a pig to sort. I'm good to see what insurers say about settlement and buy back but I'm not holding out much hope.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep that's why I'm in the TT.

It was parked and from what I am told a twin trailer hgv caught it with the rear trailer and the result is those photos. What on earth they were doing in any kind of HGV down their is beyond me, its a narrow Victorian street! Thankfully left his details and the company has accepted liability so just waiting to hear what they offer as settlement now. Pretty convinced I'll end up taking a hit on what I paid for it and now don't know what to do in way of a replacement.

Argue the toss with the insurance about the price they give you.

They will try and offer you sh*t money, do your research and see what it would cost to physically go out & buy the same car again then take it up with them.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Teaser

2014-02-24073700_zpscd2f85c8.jpg

All important forged engine from API
-PPP spec (Walbro Fuel Pump etc) With additional custom Andrew Carr Remap
-Full Turbo Back TSL Pulse Extraction Exhaust with Racing Cat (fully heat wrapped downpipe)
-Viper Carbon Fibre Airbox with cold feed to front fog light
-Uprated silicone turbo hoses
-Turbosmart Vee Port Dump Valve
-Eibach Pro-Line Springs
-Prodrive front splitter
-Prodrive Mudflaps
-Black ZUNSPORT front lower grill
-Autogauge Boost Gauge
-HKS Type Zero Turbo Timer
-Spec C Black Dashboard
-Spec C gear knob
-Black professionally colour coded gear selector surround
-Matte black professionally colour coded speedo rings to match spec C dashboard
-carbon door pillar covers/subtle carbon detailing

What a car. Will get some more pics up if people are interested? Only picked it up on Sunday.

It's not dead! Long story short after arguing the toss about value and then how it should be repaired my scooby will live again! The quarter panel is being replaced in full as well as all the other obvious bits.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What a car. Will get some more pics up if people are interested? Only picked it up on Sunday.
Of course!
It's not dead! Long story short after arguing the toss about value and then how it should be repaired my scooby will live again! The quarter panel is being replaced in full as well as all the other obvious bits.
Good stuff!

Range Rover Sport
Teaser

Nice car, however I would have thought that the Viper will be restricting power.

RCM do a nice 'large' cone type which has great reviews and many higher power cars run them.

Looks good!

God I do miss my V7 now and then!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Ah cool, may look into the induction kit then and see if there is something else more suited

172/B8 Quattro
Ah cool, may look into the induction kit then and see if there is something else more suited

I wouldn't replace IK unless your planning to tweak the map to suit, as Andrew would of mapped it for that particular set up, presuming carberry map too.
O you know rough hp figures?

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yeah it's annoying that they need mapping for every little mod.
It's running 348bhp and 387ft/lb :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
After a bit of advice. Set up is standard shocks, eibach springs, alk, standard arb's with solid links on the rear. Looking to replace the rear arb with either a 22 or 24. Thoughts on the best one to go for?

172/B8 Quattro
Ideally if you fitting a 24mm arb you want to fit a front one too, or just a 22mm at rear will be fine with stock up front

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had a play with a GTi-6 this morning. On a right hand bend I got quite a bit of oversteer, a good bit actually. Not sure if I should look into ARBs and other goodies or to adjust my driving style. Probably the latter is best I think!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm not sure tbh, the back end swung out a good bit though today.

Haha wasn't really a race more of a spirited drive along a bendy bit of road then onto a straight, although he didn't pass :p Which is just as well, they're only around 170 bhp iirc, they handle bloody good though!

impreza wagon S2000

Haha wasn't really a race more of a spirited drive along a bendy bit of road then onto a straight, although he didn't pass :p Which is just as well, they're only around 170 bhp iirc, they handle bloody good though!

I should hope so too, that comment would create a 20 page thread on SN ;) :D

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Haha, yeah he was a small dot in the mirror on the straight after not long, wasn't too far behind in the corners though.

Mind you it was a bit damp and I tend to hold back a fair bit in the damp.

impreza wagon S2000
Haha, yeah he was a small dot in the mirror on the straight after not long, wasn't too far behind in the corners though.

Mind you it was a bit damp and I tend to hold back a fair bit in the damp.

As should we all on the road, no prizes for binning it :)

impreza wagon S2000
Quick one @trails Can you lubricate the uj joint on a classic? (Not you personally lol) and is it worth doing?

which one?! :D imprezaworks

not had any driveshaft problems so never had to go down that route but understand it is possible, probably best off changing the whole drive shaft though...I have a custom uj in the steering rack as I'm running a Spec C rack and I've never needed to lube that or (the only other uj I can think of) the one in the gear linkage...

Must be a mica red thing as mine does this to. Oh no wait, mines because if the ling longs on the back...