ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Vectra, audi, Subaru, Subaru, Evo, 306, 320d.

All had multiple oil changes during my ownership. Turbos scare me!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Chav time, dump valves.Currently got a Forge recircualtion one but fancy a bit more noise, any thoughts apart from dont be a chav? :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I would avoid atmospheric ones like the plague! Makes the car overfuel a lot as well from what I've read.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chav time, dump valves.Currently got a Forge recircualtion one but fancy a bit more noise, any thoughts apart from dont be a chav? :)

Get a toyosport induction kit off eBay, £30 delivered.

I fitted one on mine as it's not oiled so no maf issues. The noise it makes is ten times better than a dump valve.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I would avoid atmospheric ones like the plague! Makes the car overfuel a lot as well from what I've read.

I know they ruin mafs but mine is mafless so im ok on that front. I may try one, can allways switch back. Tbh i had a play with a lad in his gt4 this morning and he had one and sounded pretty good. I know, 'grow up Dan'.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Haha I can't tell anybody to grow up, I'm fitting a decat downpipe to mine today, all being well!

Go faster bits adjustable one. Day to day full recirc, feeling like a chav full dump. Awesome.

Dan that induction kit sounds like its going to be purchased!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got the downpipe eventually fitted after many hours of swearing at seized bolts. Also, the motor for the passenger side window decided to stop working when the window was halfway down in -2 temperature lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if the window motor and regulator are separate or are they an assembly?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll get the doorcard off tomorrow and take a look. Parked the car diagonally on the driveway so no rain hits the window lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Is there no power to it? You could try disconnecting it and stick sonething underneath. Mind you it's raining and dark so if like me f&@k it, lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not sure, can't hear any whine so I'm thinking it's just the motor. The glass is still on the rail, no movement at all

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got the front passenger window all sorted.

Now the rears have decided they want to stop working too, lol.

Mini JCW
Looking at replacing the R26 with either an S2000 or a 2005/6 WRX STI in 12 months or so - what are the running costs like with these? (My R26 has been a touch pricey - cost me circa £2.5k in running costs in 18 months).

Is insurance ridiculous for you guys?

I was checking these out before buying the R26, but they seem to have held, if not climbed in value in that time!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ive owned a few before and never had issues with any of them. Current car so far has been fine (nov13). The only running costs that are pita is fuel imo, gets a bit boring visiting the petol station. Like with any performance car they can have their issues.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Widetrack sti ftw.

8311725006_94fe7d2c3b_z.jpg

IMG_4732 by cobzy1, on Flickr

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Finally a picture haha, hasn't been one for a while!

i really fancy a blob eye wrx wagon, but some look epic, some look wrong, and I can't really tell why they are so hit n miss with barely noticeable changes :S

Mini JCW
Ive owned a few before and never had issues with any of them. Current car so far has been fine (nov13). The only running costs that are pita is fuel imo, gets a bit boring visiting the petol station. Like with any performance car they can have their issues.

Cheers for the headsup.

Looking at the JDM 2.0 version over the UK 2.5 version as the engine seems more reliable. Struggling to find a decent example for under 8.5k though.