ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Hmm the past few posts have scared me, mine is a 2000/2001 registered classic with a decat (not remapped):nono:
#

As i mentioned in an earlier post Liam, the JECS ecus do tend to take to a decat better than the later Denso ecus in the newage cars. If you're worried then get a wideband shoved up its arse to see how its fueling either via a dyno or a mapper.

what is worryig me is the fact it had no lambda sensor? Surely it should have one? Does anyone know what the stabdard cat looks like?

Bought an SWRD 255 fuel pump off scoobynet :) looking for an ESL so i can get it mapped asap, i don't want it to go bang.

Reading a bit more into them looks like the best option.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Bought an SWRD 255 fuel pump off scoobynet :) looking for an ESL so i can get it mapped asap, i don't want it to go bang.

Reading a bit more into them looks like the best option.

For the price ESLs go for you would be better off buying it new IMO.

$_12.jpg

Bought these on the bay - genuine rotas, not a brand ***** so these will do. Will need to get some matching centre caps.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't decide wether to swap my 3" japspeed (decatted) to a 2.5 hayward and Scott (decatted). Tough times...

Range Rover Sport
Can't decide wether to swap my 3" japspeed (decatted) to a 2.5 hayward and Scott (decatted). Tough times...

Why would you do that?

Surely the 3" is better for performance gains. Plus if you're OCD you'll also require another map if not a AFR at the least. Blitz I think 'sound' the best for the Subaru but are a little on the loud side. I think they are only 2.75" though?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've spoken to the mapper, it's fine, going the other way I think would be slightly riskier. The exhaust is fine noise wise, not too loud etc but I fancy experimenting with a 2.5. General thoughts are a 2.5 is fine upto 350 ish then a 3" is more suitable.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Why would you do that?

Surely the 3" is better for performance gains. Plus if you're OCD you'll also require another map if not a AFR at the least. Blitz I think 'sound' the best for the Subaru but are a little on the loud side. I think they are only 2.75" though?

The Blitz nur-spec comes in Spec R and Spec S...The 'R comes as a full 3inch system and the 'S is rear silencer only that tapers down to 2.5 to marry to a stock center section.....Look great, well made but fecking loud!

Range Rover Sport
I thought the R also tapered down to 2.75"?

There was a huge thread about them not being a genuine 3"
system. Doubt it makes a huge difference on the road though...

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
I don't want anything mega loud, I know the blitz is

You don't need to switch to a 2.5 system if you want a quiet exhaust, Cobra make a quiet-ish exhaust for trackdays tho not cheap. I swapped out a nur-spec on my last Impreza for a 3inch slip jointed Magnex with a rear silencer that looked like a stock prodrive silencer, sounded almost stock when driving normally(no cabin drone). Coupled with RCM headers on full chat it sounded awesome.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's not that I want quieter as mine is fine. I do think the 3" gives a different tone to my previous impreza's which had 2.5 systems

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I had the 2.5 on a uk and sounded brilliant. I'm tempted as it's only £140 including the decat downpipe

I had the biggest bargain I've ever had with that exhaust system...... £231 delivered!! Looked about 5 months old.
The back box is 300 on it's own :)

When I bought it the whole system was almost a grand. Now the same systems cheaper at about 650. I'd recommend it.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I had full h&s system on my last classic with the prodrive style backbox, sounded awesome but not chavy loud.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol. Keep seeing a mint sonic blue uk turbo parked near me, always spotless, god I want it! Pointed it out to my wife she was like your car is much nicer. I just love classic scoobs it's a serious problem. I will have another

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
In fact I took a pic of it :eek: Needs to lose rear tints but it's spotless, spotted whiteline droplinks and racebox exhaust. I need help
e1a58cbf2e1a5bfc89138644ee6383eb_zps088fdd5c.jpg

Arghh, car got delivered today and it is not exactly what I was expecting :( has a major fuel cut off on WOT and the bodywork is pretty shabby. The lambda sensor is in the decat down pipe but it is not connected to anything? :/ Found a plug on the nearside wing that needs connecting to something and a vacuum hose that has been cut and blocked up. Can see this being sold very quickly.