ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

impreza wagon S2000
At lower rpms it does, but 4,500 and above its hesitant. Had plugs and MAF changed not so long ago.

check the inlet side for oil...iirc you don't have a catch can; oil in inlet caused me some issues when i first started modding mine :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Injector number 4 and lambda showing up on the computer, although the lambda could be due to the injector too, couldn't it? At least I know what it is, getting sorted as I type this. Any recommendations for front pads? Car won't be going on track :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Believe it or not but I have standard pagid cheapo pads from euro car parts with Godspeed discs and they are pretty good. Good news on the injector front

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I looked at those. Godspeed are well renowned so too Alyn at asperformance, might be worth ringing him? The Kevlar pads from what I've read etc are pretty w**k. But some would say putting cheapo pagid pads on mine would be suicidle. I put them on a while back and haven't died yet.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was going to say the discs are for four pots. Might be worth dropping 'asperformance' a ring see what he has?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had a nosey at the website. Think brembo and Ferrodo seem to be the most popular choice on there, had Ferrodos in the past and found them too squeaky for me. I'll see what these kevlar pads are like, if I don't like them I'll upgrade. Again lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
That's good to hear.

Oh bugger, just bought them, lol. For £119 I think that's pretty cheap already!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Pic of my mate joe at the time attack at oulton in his ra;

14112264683_9ae6284af3_z.jpg

Joes ra by cobzy1, on Flickr

13905572707_6da9c06ac0_z.jpg

Joes ra by cobzy1, on Flickr

172 cup, Impreza P1

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lot of money. If it's an rb5 you want fair enough. Me personally would get a nice import Sti at around £3500

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had a erm… "discussion" with a guy earlier about injectors. Seeing as my no.4 is playing up I've been on the lookout for a set (car hasn't been driven since the fault was diagnosed). I got offered a set from a newage WRX for £100, I thought that was a bit steep for second hand injectors, and surely they wouldn't be the same. He was adamant they will work fine on my classic. After a search on scoobynet, the ONLY ones that will work on mine without any hassle is the standard, yellow, phase 2, 440 injectors, correct?!

I'm 99% sure I'm right but the guy was very persistent in saying that the newage ones would work so thought I'd double check, lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of putting a cold air feed from my drivers fog light upto the hks induction kit (I'm mafless btw). Easy enough to do and what pipe work would I need. It's a 96 version 3. Cheers chaps :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Should be collecting the car this evening or if not, tomorrow. I've been told it pulls 100% now and the new brakes are good. Upon inspection, it seems on the driver side only 1 piston was moving and only 2 moving on the passenger side lol……...which I was quite surprised about. All sorted now, thankfully.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's had new plugs, injectors and MAF.

Only thing I can think of is the MAF - it's second hand but in good working order apparently. Might just buy another new, just to be sure.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Tried researching MAFs on SN and got a sore head. Green labels, purple labels, orange labels and no labels at all, WTF.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Buy a new maf, they are fragile on these and buying second hand is asking for trouble

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah I think I'll be getting one very soon, putting a new coilpack in today as mechanic thinks its spark related. No lights on dash etc and it seems to fluctuate on and off boost above 3,000rpm

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ordered a new one. Is it necessary to reset the ECU after fitting? Baring in mind no lights are coming up.