ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Bumder With A Buffer
Are those carbon sideskirts? Fcuk I bet they cost a bit.

I need/want to get rid of the black plastic sideskirts on mine for something.

Being a newish impreza owner what's the difference/which is better in regards to equal/unequal length headers? From what I understand its just a noise difference mainly but what about a performance increase with the unequal length? And I suppose ultimately is it worth it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I need/want to get rid of the black plastic sideskirts on mine for something.

Being a newish impreza owner what's the difference/which is better in regards to equal/unequal length headers? From what I understand its just a noise difference mainly but what about a performance increase with the unequal length? And I suppose ultimately is it worth it?

IIRC, The un equal length is what gives it the rumble! You can't get rid of that!

Bumder With A Buffer
I am correct then? Mine just sounds like a normal car with a bit of a rumble, a guy 2 doors down has a wrx saloon and that rumbles and burbles like a beast, admittedly he has a larger exhaust (possibly a nur spec).

I want loud rumbles and more boxer sounds, maybe I should de-cat instead

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I am correct then? Mine just sounds like a normal car with a bit of a rumble, a guy 2 doors down has a wrx saloon and that rumbles and burbles like a beast, admittedly he has a larger exhaust (possibly a nur spec).

I want loud rumbles and more boxer sounds

Take the cat out and fit a 3 inch turbo back exhaust. Mine sounds lush.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

I want loud rumbles and more boxer sounds, maybe I should de-cat instead

what exhaust is on the car? Equal headers, may aswell get an evo lol

Bumder With A Buffer
RaceDynamix ECU remap
Walbro fuel pump
Green cotton panel air filter
Exhaust - WR sport back box with resonated decat midpipe (main & pre cat still in place)
Light tint to rear & side windows

I thought it was newage jdm that had equal length?? As dan, I thought the unequal length manifold produced the scooby burble.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
RaceDynamix ECU remap
Walbro fuel pump
Green cotton panel air filter
Exhaust - WR sport back box with resonated decat midpipe (main & pre cat still in place)
Light tint to rear & side windows

Time to decat and change the exhaust mate

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
I thought it was newage jdm that had equal length?? As dan, I thought the unequal length manifold produced the scooby burble.

It is the unequal length headers that produce the burble, Its the twin scroll equipped cars that dont run equal length and with that dont burble..

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
For what reason, obv performance related?

Twin scroll?

The stock unequal headers give the best burble but have a limit of power, even when ported. 400ish is regarded as their limit, its then time to change to a semi unequal which keeps some burble or go full equal..

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
A word of advice about Subaru headers.....Do not buy the cheap ebay tubeular headers, they will in fact rob you of power!

TT QS
I drove my first Subaru the other day. A 1999 imprezza (not sure what model) my friend said its 208bhp. Completely standard. Fantastic car. I know understand why this thread is at 122pages

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Drive a 300bhp one. You would probably want to sell body organs to fund one if you liked a standard car.

ps, not saying you can't afford one without the sale of body parts btw.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I have a hankering to own an impreza at the moment but I really think I would rather plough the money into the Megane instead - If I chucked 4k into the Megane I reckon it would be as much of a giggle.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a hankering to own an impreza at the moment but I really think I would rather plough the money into the Megane instead - If I chucked 4k into the Megane I reckon it would be as much of a giggle.

Yeah, the 4wd megane is a right hoot.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One doesn't simply 'have as much hooting fun as an impreza driver'.

It can be whatever car it wants, but it's not an impreza...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate - they are the Chargespeed carbon fibre bottomline kit. Lips, side skirts, etc. I thought they looked a bit OTT at first but - once fitted - I soon changed my mind. They look great in my opinion. Here are a few more pics (although sadly no decent ones... I'll get him out in the better weather and take my camera along).

aascoob01_zpsb44c1088.jpg~original

aascoob02_zps410a5d36.jpg~original

aascoob03_zpsdf0ac882.jpg~original

It's running around 360bhp and has had some serious money thrown at it. I'm still buzzing from the blast I had in it last night to be honest (he's a very trusting guy). Sure, it goes like stink but the brakes were/are incredible. The stopping power with 10-pot Tarox is something else.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Carbon bits are a bit much for me on that but each to their own. 360bhp must be fun though - my blob had 330ish and was rapid!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I remember going out in a 200bhp VW Bora with Tarox 10 pot kit on, my god it was unreal. It actually hurt hammering them on from 100mph.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd love to have those brakes. I'd drive down the slip road of the motorway at 130mph scaring everyone! Lol.

It wouldn't be. 4wheel drift ftw