ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
My new toy, managed to convince the rents to get me it for xmas! I recently borrowed one for trip to London and loved it so I couldn't help myself. Just got to wait untill christmas lol!

Apologies for the Hipstamatic iphone photo lol!

556790_4393157460673_444079516_n.jpg

^Cracking shot. Not sure if a bit of distortion correction might help, but that's just me ;)

Finally got myself a new toy to play with. I'm sick of lugging my huge D3 on trips (if I can even fit it on some trips), so I got myself a Fuji X100. Awesome looking bit of kit, proper retro! Looking to take this everywhere as it's so much smaller.

DSCF0126web.jpg

DSCF0119web.jpg

Cheers Dan. Let's just say That's the level of distortion I settled on without losing to much of the sides of the image!

Its a shock to note your back on home turf Ben, must be an unfortunate culture shock!!!
#

It really is a culture shock.
Have already seen a chav fight in a local town centre at 4pm on a Saturday evening!
I love your London shot, spectacular stuff!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, never seen lens flare like that before, I always thought it’d be more of a light colour considering you can’t get black light, but it’s still a great photo non the less :)

We are talking about this right?

Screen shot 2012-12-09 at 21.44.35.png

That's right Niall but it's all the same size and is aperture shaped and seven sided and only appears in one shot I took all evening which was of car lights, might even be internal reflections of the aperture.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, very strange. Either way I’d clone it out :)

Although the others you’ve posted were at larger apertures, so the dust would be harder to spot, and in that one it’s F16, so it would be easier to spot.

That's right Niall but it's all the same size and is aperture shaped and seven sided and only appears in one shot I took all evening which was of car lights, might even be internal reflections of the aperture.

Pretty sure this is dust on the sensor, it will only show up at tiny apertures. Take a photo of the sky @ f/22 & throw on some contrast to see how much is on there.

Stunning shots of the city btw! :approve:

Doubt I'll post mine from the same locations as they're a bit rough in comparison, lol. Although I must admit I seem to have some random objects in the top right of the shot that look like asteroids burning up in the atmosphere.

Not a 320d
^Cracking shot. Not sure if a bit of distortion correction might help, but that's just me ;)

Finally got myself a new toy to play with. I'm sick of lugging my huge D3 on trips (if I can even fit it on some trips), so I got myself a Fuji X100. Awesome looking bit of kit, proper retro! Looking to take this everywhere as it's so much smaller.

That X100 is a proper good looking bit of kit. Big dough though!

Not really when you compare it to consumer level DSLRs etc which would cost at least 1k for the body alone.
I'm just about to board my first flight with it, although I think this will be one of those trips where I don't have any photographic opportunities at all. :(

Doubt I'll post mine from the same locations as they're a bit rough in comparison, lol. Although I must admit I seem to have some random objects in the top right of the shot that look like asteroids burning up in the atmosphere.

Post them up mate, only way to learn!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome photo’s from the X100 Dan, I’m sure you’ll get some epic images from it considering your Iphone photos are better than most peoples DSLR photos.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
lovely shot of the cat. How do you keep it so crisp at 2000ISO?

At 1600 mine looks like it has so much more noise.

Just a much better sensor mate. Like I mentioned in your D60 thread, my one gripe with the D40 how it handled the ISO - think it shares the same sensor as the D60.

Can't believe how much that cat looks like mine! Speaking of which, one of it from the other day:

8264076840_499d221034_c.jpg

Not a 320d
Just a much better sensor mate. Like I mentioned in your D60 thread, my one gripe with the D40 how it handled the ISO - think it shares the same sensor as the D60.

Can't believe how much that cat looks like mine! Speaking of which, one of it from the other day:

8264076840_499d221034_c.jpg

Rekon I should get rid? Was going to buy a new lens for it but Im tempted to get rid of the D60 as well now. Woud prefer to stay Nikon so I can keep my Lenses but people seem to rave about cannon.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not at all mate, as a started DSLR they're brilliant! The only thing I can fault it on is the ISO limitations.

Not a 320d
Not at all mate, as a started DSLR they're brilliant! The only thing I can fault it on is the ISO limitations.

Yeah Ive found its OK unless its dusk, then the pics are really noisy on 1600 ISO. Ive bought a VR 70-300 Lens so maybe Ill get some better shots off with that it was pretty cheap so I can always re sell it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
lovely shot of the cat. How do you keep it so crisp at 2000ISO?

At 1600 mine looks like it has so much more noise.

Cheers. Must just be the sensor. Maybe the lens helps too?

Took this with the same lens yesterday. Had to use live view, didn't come out as sharp as I would have liked though, that could be down to the focus being lower down the grass though...

8265783777_3a70966486_c.png

Shoot by A_Cro, on Flickr

And tried getting the Milky way last night, far too cold though and freezing fog came in pretty quick. Again, not how I want it but didn't have time to play around with the settings. Also need to find somewhere further afield as there was still quite a bit of light pollution creeping in.

8265785373_4fe9348f00_c.png

Stars by A_Cro, on Flickr