ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
It's not Photoshopped or HDR pic, I used Cokin tobacco, ND8 and green gradient filters :)

8686958860_c0863fc143_c.png

There is life on Mars by <-Y->, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice pic. The only neg is that it reminds reminds me of Teletubbies, lol.

It's not Photoshopped or HDR pic, I used Cokin tobacco, ND8 and green gradient filters :)

8686958860_c0863fc143_c.png

There is life on Mars by <-Y->, on Flickr

I like what you were trying to achieve but technically and compositionally there is room for improvement.

Firstly the horizon at halfway point isn't always the best position as it divides an image in half, there is a lot of noise in the green fields, mid way up. There is so much flare and light spots over the picture, caused by stacking the filters. Although lens manufactures do their best to eliminate this lens flare as its a design flaw, I know some people try and use lens flare creatively, but it appears randomly all over the image and doesn't imo work here. The sun is a large 'blown' over exposed area. The tobacco grad can be created in photoshop (if you must;)) which will mean one less filter, better IQ, less lens flare and may have even removed the harsh dark to light graduations in the top corners.

:eek:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Really, there is no need to shoot RAW all of the time. If it will need a fair bit of tweaking like a landscape shot then yes, put it in RAW, but for everything else then JPEG is more than sufficient. I was actually quite surprised by the level of detail that can be extracted for JPEG files, nothing out of this world different to RAW imo.

Love test cat!

My model popped outside this evening for me, must have known my Samyang 85mm 1.4 arrived today. Bit nervous about a fully manual lens but the focus peaking on the a77 made it very easy...

8699962916_ca7e347eea_c.jpg

Charlie by Harry_S, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve looked at that lens before and I’ve been put off by the Manual focusing. Looks like a great lens non the less though! That Bokeh is silky smooth!

I’ve looked at that lens before and I’ve been put off by the Manual focusing. Looks like a great lens non the less though! That Bokeh is silky smooth!

I wouldn't own one without peaking, but the a77 makes it ridiculously simple and quick, especially with the magnify function of the viewfinder as well. Obviously not much use for moving subjects really, but £200 for an 85mm 1.4 was just too tempting.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Brazo, thank you for your advice. Next time I'll try to use less filters and other composition. I would like to learn, so all comments are welcome. :)

Where did you get that lens from for 200? I would still prefer the sigma but the lure of the zeiss 85 1.4 is difficult!

​no probs yanoo, glad it was helpful:)

Where did you get that lens from for 200? I would still prefer the sigma but the lure of the zeiss 85 1.4 is difficult!

eBay :) It was that or the Sigma 85mm 1.4, could never justify the Zeiss.

When I opened it the wife insisted I had bought some knock-off Samsung goods as she had never heard of Samyang! It only got worse when she saw the unbelievably naff lens pouch that came with it. She soon appreciated it when she was the photo of our moggy though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Playing around with the Sigma 105 in the greenhouse. Should have really used the tripod although the way the spider was moving, I doubt it would have made a difference.

8701844086_2de5802530_c.jpg

Snack time by A_Cro, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
New addition to my bag!! Going to hit up London tonight so I will have a thread up in the next few days.

Sorry crappy iphone pic..

942471_10200317502393771_731505574_n.jpg

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Why blank your plate out and why cover the pics with text !? :S

Also, why are you using ISO800 in what appears to be broad daylight ?

To the first two questions. I thought it just finished off the look of the picture blanking out the plates (sorry:().. I was in a photoshop mood so put some text on it (normally I just PP in Lightroom 4 and never touch photoshop lol) again sorry!

And I normally shoot ISO100 because the 50D is rubbish with noise, but I left it at ISO800 from when I went out in some fields/woods the day before at dusk and forgot to change it back as I it was a spur of the moment to grab my camera and admire the first time cleaning the car myself (noob mistake I know!:()

Don't hate :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't be sorry .. they're your photos.

To me, cars with no plates on is fine, but a blanked out plate just seems daft as that's not what you took the photo of.

Regarding the ISO - whoops ;) Is the camera that bad with noise ?! It's got the same processor and similar sensor as my 7D (I could be completely wrong about it) but it's not exactly a 15 year old camera...

Had all your firmware updated ? The 7 will do 1600 ISO without any issues - higher starts to get noisy but not 'that' bad...