ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Quick shot from tonight. Thought there would be a decent sky once the sun went behind the clouds but there was nothing.

Rhyl%2BSunset.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. I was hoping for a bit of a better sky but I'm fairly happy with the shot. First one I've taken in a while.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I should have got there a bit earlier to be honest, plus the tide was coming in and I had already got my feet wet on an earlier shot.

Shot using a Sigma 10-20 & Canon 550d. It was shot at F8, 15 second exposure and ISO 100 with a ten stop ND and the levels played with in Lightroom. Back tomorrow maybe.

What settings would you have shot?

Fiesta ST-3
Its a difficult question as I don't like using my ten stop.

I would of gone for a grad filter on the sky, F5 for clarity through the whole image with the sigma 10-20. But I like the rushing tide effect so maybe a slower shutter and catch the tide rushing in.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Shot this at the weekend while second shooting, using the d800 & 85mm F1.4 G lens.. Got another Wedding this Saturday and can't wait to use it in anger again :)

8719328563_dc7d6fed83_c.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
The guy I was shooting for wanted me to get shots over the shoulder... He likes the story telling side to photography, so shooting shallow DOF and having stuff like that was up his street lol!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Shot this at the weekend while second shooting, using the d800 & 85mm F1.4 G lens.. Got another Wedding this Saturday and can't wait to use it in anger again :)

8719328563_dc7d6fed83_c.jpg

Marco Pierre whites hotel? The Talbot in Ripley iirc?

Nice shot btw

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Marco Pierre whites hotel? The Talbot in Ripley iirc?

Nice shot btw

Cheers:) it is indeed the talbot in Ripley lol!

Thanks for the comments guys, I agree a little more could come off the rigr hand side lol!

Yeah I can understand the over the shoulder feel but the bokeh is too undefined to show as a shoulder, more a smudge, that 85 1.8 shares the honour of being the sharpest lens tested on the D800!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Yeah I can understand the over the shoulder feel but the bokeh is too undefined to show as a shoulder, more a smudge, that 85 1.8 shares the honour of being the sharpest lens tested on the D800!

It's the f1.4, it's awesome. I am about to buy the sigma 35mm f1.4 that is superb and a bargain at £600 compared to the Nikkor.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The new Sigma lenses look great, Matt! Have you seen that crazy pod/dock think that you can link them to that enables you to perform updates and customise AF speed and suchlike? Looks really interesting.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
The new Sigma lenses look great, Matt! Have you seen that crazy pod/dock think that you can link them to that enables you to perform updates and customize AF speed and suchlike? Looks really interesting.

Yea the docks come with them, its so you can firmware update the lens, fine tune AF and other crazy things lol! Hopefully should have mine in a few weeks so I post a few pics of it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Flol love the title. Cute dog.

I used mind the other day for the first time in a while when my niece was around. Slow focus, bad lighting and an 18 month old girl who didnt want to keep still gave me a couple of half decent shots out of 30 or so.

Thanks Matt

Its quite a heavy crop, may return with a longer lens at some point.

I had an email this morning and someone wants to use it for an article on architectural photography on their website, I said yes as enough people are using my pics for free without asking :D

White APE
Well i attempted to get a sneak inside NTGE Pyestock this morning. That was a disaster, however when i was walking back through the woods to the car i stumbled upon this little fella.

8730702045_a5c1806a37.jpg

Deer by CitizenNine, on Flickr