ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

1/13 sec, only have ND filters for my 50mm and 50mm really isn't wide enough LOL. I'd have liked to have had an exposure of about 1sec but was overly exposed.

Fiesta ST-3
5961187999_55ed218a9d_b.jpg

Tenby Harbour by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Was looking at the adjustable one's not so long ago, for video if nothing else. Bloody expensive for a decent one though!

Went out and took about 100 photos today and I hated every one, edited the one above and liked it at first but now the more I look at it the more I dislike it :(

I occasionally have days like that :( first edit looks good, ten minutes later your fed up again!

Top shots from Feirny, Dan and Scott above!!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
It looks a little too processed to me, there's a really weird effect in the sky. What does the shot from the camera look like?

I deleted every photo, every single one of them was either really badly under exposed or over exposed. I cant get my head around the ISO, white balance, shutter speed , aperture etc etc. So i just end up buggering about until it looks half decent on the tiny screen. Then when I see it on my computer I wonder why I just bothered lol

If I focus on the ground the sky is over exposed and if i focus on the sky the ground is under exposed. I cant get it right :(

Well if you're shooting landscape, keep your ISO at the lowest setting. Stick your aperture to around f/8-f/11 in aperture priority, and then the camera will pick the best shutter speed for you.

I shoot auto WB, then adjust it in post if I need to.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you're shooting landscape, keep your ISO at the lowest setting. Stick your aperture to around f/8-f/11 in aperture priority, and then the camera will pick the best shutter speed for you.

I shoot auto WB, then adjust it in post if I need to.

Cheers Dan, i'll go and have another play tomorrow. I have a lot of learning to do.

Qashcow
I keep mine on auto WB and auto iso - mostly as I can't understand iso yet and photoshop means I can sort the WB afterwards. Happy days

Fiesta ST-3
Also remember the keeper rate, for every 20 shots I take I only like 1, sometimes worse.

Exactly this. I've driven an hour to some locations, taken loads of snaps, had a look on my camera screen, liked a couple and got home to find I have no keeps. So f**king annoying.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I know, I am being a bit harsh on myself I think. I only started a week or two ago, I just get irritated with myself when I cannot do something properly. I need a little more patience lol

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I would never get a decent pic of myself as I am really camera shy lol. I would probably look normal on one of those wobbly mirrors on a fair ground. Looks good though ^

RIP Dan
Also shoot raw as you can correct some under and over exposure in pp

This is the best advice I have been given.

I am not one to piss about too much with the pics i have taken, but being able to to recover in this way is awesome.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
this thread is making me angry, having sold my 10-20mm lens im left with very limited kit.. and its annoying the hell out of me.. but i cant justift £500 on a new lens when the golf needs finishing