ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
14846868829_d95f7b9874_c.jpg
Swan. by scrooge89, on Flickr

15033249242_22b86f2c8d_c.jpg
Arundel Rose by scrooge89, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers. It was a great experience as a big Smiths fan as you can imagine. We went for a coffee afterwards and talked about The Smiths so that was really interesting to hear from an insider :)

That's so f**king cool. I'm a big Smiths fan too, so very jealous geez!

What was the shoot for Niall?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
15082968521_de087f9a8b_c.jpg

Tiger chamber
by <-Y->, on Flickr

Tiger chamber is a chamber of the famous Baradla cave, Aggtelek, Hungary. Not only the stalactite forms but the diversity of stalactite and the dimension of the cave make this cave one of the most known stalactite cave in Europe. Unfortunately this pic cannot visualize how big this chamber is, but for instance, the "small" columns in the middle of the pic are more than 2 m tall. Therefore it is not a single pic, it is a panorama, consists of 8 pics.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks an interesting technique!

Took this yesterday using the Sigma 17-35 2.8. Not a bad lens for star photography but I'm not convinced of it as a walkabout lens, especially as the aperture blades are stuck.

15093331525_51343db086_c.jpg

Canal side landscape
by A_Cro, on Flickr

It’s a very interesting technique, easy to do or?

Nothing too taxing, just need to make sure everything is set manually (shutter speed, aperture, WB, ISO etc), manually focus on the subject and shoot that, then fire away around the subject (a spiral is the easiest way to keep track of where you are) leaving all settings and focus exactly as they were. This one is 50 shots and probably took less than 30 seconds to shoot. The main thing is to shoot wide open at the longest focal length you can to get the full effect.

It works best when you have foreground and background interest. The fun bit was processing it, Microsoft ICE is apparently best but I'm on a Mac so tried all sorts, some just didn't cope at all but PS Elements 11 managed this one ok.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing too taxing, just need to make sure everything is set manually (shutter speed, aperture, WB, ISO etc), manually focus on the subject and shoot that, then fire away around the subject (a spiral is the easiest way to keep track of where you are) leaving all settings and focus exactly as they were. This one is 50 shots and probably took less than 30 seconds to shoot. The main thing is to shoot wide open at the longest focal length you can to get the full effect.

It works best when you have foreground and background interest. The fun bit was processing it, Microsoft ICE is apparently best but I'm on a Mac so tried all sorts, some just didn't cope at all but PS Elements 11 managed this one ok.

Ah I see, not too bad then. I may give it a try one time :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Nipped to the local airshow. Red 3 was missing due to his wife being in labour - Here's the adopted formation to replace the traditional Diamond.

15092924591_3c3e039c87_c.jpg

Missing Red 3
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Great photo - they mentioned in the documenaty that on a few weeks back that if someone is ill / can't make the display - nothing changes, the routine is exactly the same minus the missing aircraft.

Love the Red Arrows!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I think I'll see if the docu is still on I-Player as a few people mentioned it yesterday and it sounded pretty good.

Another one from yesterday. A bit tight to the right of the shot though.

15105434471_a06ea4a994_c.jpg

Proud to be British
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Weird what ends up popular on Flickr, 10,000 views and 250 Favourites today...

15088873011_9fc36a59d4_c.jpg
White Horse View by Harry_S, on Flickr

Not sure why but my photo stream has gone crazy lately, averaging 30k views per day and added about 70 followers since Friday.