ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Trophy #387
10644779_10205272942117501_7074126517440806154_o.jpg

Cape of Good Hope, South Africa.

Titanium 182
Thanks pal! We stayed at a campsite in Ullswater called "Park Foot" which is where I got the long exposure of the stream :) we visited a few places there too that were close by such as "Aira Force" loads of photo opportunities around, it's all post card material! Was very glad I got the camera in time!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Lego Day Out.jpg

With the first shot i had problems i think with the Auto Focus on the kit lens so put it in Manual and focused it on the Lego figure and wanted the elephant in focus too but the flowers out of focus. After getting home and looked i think the elephant should of been the focus point or should of re positioned the guy a little more? Over all is it a good shot?

I'm back at the photography class now in the Advanced class and this weeks homework is getting 4 pictures of "Small Landscapes"

Attachments

• Up at Lighthouse.jpg
    Up at Lighthouse.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Gus

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Yanoo.

Well, there wasn't any aurora but I did set up a couple of cameras for a time lapse. This is the last frame of the night taken with my 6D with 17-35 at 2.8.

17163777806_eb22d6e145_c.jpg
Penmon
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The Woods.jpg

Trying to attempt on woods, been watching a couple YouTube vids and they it's quit hard to photo as in composition, main subject

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How do i make these pics smaller? There No6 medium when i convert them to JEPEG

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Quite like this .. Sorry for FB quality doesn't really do how sharp it is justice.

11169837_555825554556580_2967836454553530260_n.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
16645831284_b2c27cc1d8_c.jpg
Durham City by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17080507508_16938c6530_c.jpg
Durham City B&W by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
Second attempt at this shot, had to get through big metal fences to get this shot as it was cornered off to public. Naughty me lol. Went here yesterday but didn't take tripod, not sure if i got the lighting right as the sun was going down. I'm happy with it plus a bit cloud too. Any info on making it better?

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like that. Not much you can do about the debris on the river area but it would be nice if that was clear.
Try a lens correct to bring the verticals of the tower a bit straighter, maybe-5 ish (I think) min lightroom if you have it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I like that. Not much you can do about the debris on the river area but it would be nice if that was clear.
Try a lens correct to bring the verticals of the tower a bit straighter, maybe-5 ish (I think) min lightroom if you have it.
I'm happy with it but feel could be better, I wasn't sure if it was the best time of day taking the shot, was taken around 19:00. I did like the sun on the cathedral but not much on the fulling mill. Yeah I did notice the towers weren't straight I did try changing the zoom but couldn't get a decent composure. Nah I don't have Lightroom just Photoshop Elements 11

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah a few people were looking at light on it too on the path I was on. Was nice.

Been thinking about starting to try and do some sun set shots any advice on settings and set up? There is a nice spot about 10 minutes away from here a nice valley see for miles, was thinking of a tree as a main focus point