ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

White APE
33eda26f69e97bd456f466947b7d2864.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
16683485703_312fe298be_c.png
Yellow on Blue by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr

Took this as the light of the sun hitting the tree was really nice and clear blue sky. Something different not normally i take. Had nice long branch from one side to the other giving a nice diagonal line

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
My friend managed to get a media pass for the Electric Run in wembley, its quite amazing where they get you and how polite people are when you're wearing one.

16729603304_af09086e3a_b.jpg
Electric Run London by jaswalker244, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
16738778753_f741a886f8_c.png
Walking the Dog by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17359038165_1b5798e62b_c.jpg
Twinkle Star Swan by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17172829769_49a3f13950_c.png
There You Are by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17151585967_b79f6d9f15_c.png
Duck V Dark Side by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17358681521_ef6815559f_c.png
I'm Watching You by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17359033775_d83af904a4_c.png
I'm Hiding by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17171242568_8e1d9bb604_c.jpg
Feeding Time Children by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
17151693437_45310f5cd7_c.png
Swan 3 by MarkGeddes7, on Flickr
Weather picked up after a raining pretty much all day, so headed over a local ish park and went pic heavy took about 180 pics lol, these are the ones i quit like

Swift Sport
Not sure if this is a good picture or not, but I got talking into taking pictures of a friends car and quite liked the results...

17163432877_4df2cd07f5_c.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Not sure if this is a good picture or not, but I got talking into taking pictures of a friends car and quite liked the results...

17163432877_4df2cd07f5_c.jpg

Not a bad effort Ste, maybe give the car a bit more space so a wider shot and a lower angle.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Prefer the second Jay, only thing I can fault on the top on is the veins in her hands are a little distracting.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
16842684173_f06b3aeb77_z.png
The Temple by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Finally sussed how to work the ND 10 stopper. All this time i didn't know how to use it properly until today. I didn't read the shutter readings before using the filter and times it by 10 to give the true shutter reading with the ND filter

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
16851452513_dc57830708_z.jpg
Oceana Watford by Joe Walker, on Flickr

Did my first Nightclub shoot, not going to lie was fun, just can't deal with the drunkards for too long.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice that Matt, some really stunning images and a decent write up.
Me and the wide have been asked to shoot a friends wedding in December which is going to be a challenge after going to see how dark the venue is. Might need to invest in a new, faster lens for that. I think it'll be an early Christmas present to myself.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice that Tony. I noticed one similar the other day. I assume you have been out taking shots with the guy who is Vulture Labs? Very similar images. Both extremely good.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely that, Ben.
Just got home from Venetian riviera (lido di jeselo). Absolutely goosed. Would I go again? Probably not, unless there was a cheap deal staying in Venice. I got the shots I wanted to so I just need to edit them now.
I'll probably make a thread as we went to Lake Garda and Verona and to the other islands around Venice.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its a nice place but I'm not convinced I'll be back there in a hurry,will definitely be heading back to Italy though, lovely country.

Just imported the images and thought I'd throw a quick edit of this for my 52 week project.

17698543481_e0ebe59edf_c.jpg
Twenty/FiftyTwo - Motion of the ocean by Aaron, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
17695275922_da2efd168c_z.png
Durham's Cobbled Lane by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
17671442306_6edecac923_z.jpg
Outside of a Pub by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Once i edited them and converted them into jpeg they seems to have changed very slightly from the picture before i saved it. Am i doing something wrong? Can't seem to get a image exactly looking the same from a finished editing pic to a jpeg pic, they seem different. I did save it a 6 medium quality as it goes to 12 max. For eg the B&W one came out a little darker than what i saw on photoshop

Nice that Tony. I noticed one similar the other day. I assume you have been out taking shots with the guy who is Vulture Labs? Very similar images. Both extremely good.
Cheers mate.
Yeah Vulture Labs is a professional i know, his work is pretty good, always good going out shooting with him. Nice to have my photo mentioned in the same sentence as him.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
17779025305_091e01bb11_z.png
Bucket and Mop by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Some of you lot might laugh at this one, but was about to mop up and some really nice light came through the window and shadows of the bucket, so i moved some stuff out the way as it was in the shot and took it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm really pleased to be honest and thanks, i thought it's a good shot and it's doing shocking on flickr about 70 views and 1 fave. Not doing my confidence any good, been a fair few times i thought was a good shot and i've deleted it of flickr cos of no faves as you lot have noticed a lot of blanc pics popping up on some of my posts. I under exposed the shot by 1 just to cut the extra light coming in and to give the shadows more blackness

Part reason why i took it cos of my photo class for homework, well for my portfolio at the end of the term one of the pics i need to show is Light and Dark i thought it would be ideal for it

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
17640192770_7b86933d3c_c.png
Easington Beach by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

It's a ok shot but more importantly what's peoples thoughts on the editing that i done? second attempt at this black and white pic. Still goes darker just a little after converting it in jpeg hmmm