ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers @Matt_90 - I'll check tomorrow. Just moved them on to my external.
I'll check roots and rain for the entry lists and have a look if I can see any.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Fulling Mill Redone.jpg

Been to this spot a few times, and managed to get some good shots this time round yesterday. This was F8 and 20 secs exposure iirc. Not the best angle on the camera as it was tilted down cos of the brick work just below so i had to compensate plus leaves were in the way too. So was quit tricky. I'm quit pleased with the end result i tried a few shutter speeds at 2 different Aper.

Also this time round i was quit generous on the contrast and detail i think on Photoshop lol. My last shot you lot saw with this was with the 75mm cropped sensor and this was at around 35mm cropped so i got a bit more in the frame as you can see

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
First time out in ages, rubbish settings but just nice to see something to fire a round off at tbh.
excuse the hosting, yet to sort out the flickr changing to yahoo mess and losing my account 😧

Bee, Fly, Fly

Bee_zpsqvdwe2qx.jpg

Fly%202_zpswnoy19q2.jpg

Fly%201_zpsmo46ujrg.jpg

Cayman S Edition 1
First time out in ages, rubbish settings but just nice to see something to fire a round off at tbh.
excuse the hosting, yet to sort out the flickr changing to yahoo mess and losing my account 😧

Bee, Fly, Fly

Bee_zpsqvdwe2qx.jpg

Fly%202_zpswnoy19q2.jpg

Fly%201_zpsmo46ujrg.jpg
That first shot is amazing. How the heck did you do that?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cheers! Is not sharp but it's not bad, I'd literally stepped outside and saw the little blighter sat on the conservatory sill so just got in and fired a shot quick. 1/80 wasn't fast enough so not pin sharp, ideally want 1/125 or quicker for live macro work and if you can f11 or narrower aperture = loads of light needed

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18535825381_91a4541a67_z.png
River Bridge by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Don't thik i got the settings right on the camera for this one. But i was quit pleased the style of the pic, wasn't quit happy on the B&W conversion like.

Iphone job

Its a pic and i like it.

2u91udk.jpg

Took some with a reasonable camera too will share over the weekend. Some lovely spots in ibiza.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
50mm is a great shout, is the 50mm cropped sensor? mine is like so infact it's 80mm. My canon 50mm is the f1.8 but you can get the 1.2 iirc which is really good in low light conditions even more so on the f1.2. I think it has better picture quality than the stock lens. Defo get one

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Iphone job

Its a pic and i like it.

2u91udk.jpg

Took some with a reasonable camera too will share over the weekend. Some lovely spots in ibiza.

really like ibiza it is a special place like, i was there for my 21st. Need to go back at some point in my life

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
50mm is a great shout, is the 50mm cropped sensor? mine is like so infact it's 80mm. My canon 50mm is the f1.8 but you can get the 1.2 iirc which is really good in low light conditions even more so on the f1.2. I think it has better picture quality than the stock lens. Defo get one

Cheers mate. I'm only thinking of a 50mm as used my mates and thought it was great. Would a 35mm be good too? As this seems to come recommended and is a decent enough price...

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/camera...81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sorry was quit tipsy last night, was meant to say is your camera a cropped sensor? The 50mm is like the way our eyes sees things, so it's ideal for quit a lot of things. Not sure on the 35mm I'd expect that for more landscape and building, indoor like s***s gets more in the frame than the 50mm. Fair to say the 35mm is quit a good price. I know that the 50mm canon is around £75

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
17945031763_d758a5970e_z.png
The Curve B&W by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
18377674598_df2f640548_z.png
Water Waves B&W by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Took these in Sunderland just now, got really hacked off taking really low shots and the tide was coming in, i pulled back a few times and taking a few mins to re compose and getting wet feet again. Should of put my wellies on lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I like that the beams of light stands out really nice, like the clouds too. Everything about it is nice lol. Well done

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers for the advice above. Went to take some photos earlier but light had faded a bit too much and there were too many people around lol, I don't know why but I find parking up and taking photos (of the car) embarrassing lol, wish everyone would sod off!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Lol, me too, I find I get embraced and shy taking photos if people are near by I feel that people are looking at you why is this person taking a photo of this/that it's nothing special.

I think it's just confidence, I do feel more condiment taking photos where people are about, my anxiety kicks in and get worked up and move off to another location

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18587664960_61ceac8591_z.png
Triangles at Hartlepool Pier by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

still haven't got my monitor calibrated. The wifee hasn't turned up at class past 2 weeks. I'll wait another week or 2 if not i'll have to buy a one. I did tell her possibility of buying it off her.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Another from Cyprus earlier on in the week, off to Norway Thursday for a few weddings. Can't wait!

11406108_582932091845926_2429911580028807947_o.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18890478452_895220562b_z.png
Wooden Fin and Waves by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

played about on photoshop for the first time using the brushes, just sprayed about and thought that will do. Looks better than having a grey sky lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18277131173_bb39bb278b_z.jpg
Worn Wooden Beam by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

changed my mind on the darkening of the clouds after thinking about it, think it looks better seeing the cloud formations, think the brushing will be more ideal if it was a very clear sky???

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone knows of a decent, accurate weather app then let me know. BBC said clear all night and into this morning. There were a few clear spells but nothing special. Managed 6 hours sleep the night before last and I've just had 2 hours sleep after getting in at 6 and being woken up by someone checking my windows so I thought I'd edit a couple of shots from last nights drive around Snowdonia.

18891356716_bf95450939_c.jpg
Dinas Milky Way
by Aaron, on Flickr

And before sunrise (which may as well not have happened)

18914921002_5681a807d0_c.jpg
Pre Dawn Padarn
by Aaron, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Lovely Aaron, still works well the very little cloud formations. The second one is nice too got nice mountain formation and the valley and the fog mist on the right too and the nice reflections on the water.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18810353888_6050bc9332_z.jpg
Durham City River by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Be waiting yet another week or two for this syder like, think i better wait rather than spending £80 odd, see if it works first then buy one. It's a bit darker than it should be. Just took this an hour ago or so, went down during the day took a few shots but it was overcast and it started to rain but decided to go back. Pleased i did. f11 aper 65 secs shutter ISO 100

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18811632508_f822625ccf_z.png
Durham City River Wear by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
this ones a 4 minute exposure at f16, not sure which one is better, this one here looks silvery in colour which i like. The cloud formations look better in the other one. I added more less shadows on this one and theres a good reflection on the water too

Attachments

• Durham City River Wear.jpg
    Durham City River Wear.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wife went on an Owl experience day today so I tagged along with the camera. Only used the 70-200 really which was a bit tight a lot of the time indoors.
Got this though which I quite like, just wish the eyes were a bit sharper and I'd got the legs in.

19003852496_16219e4cb5_c.jpg
Ruffled
by Aaron, on Flickr