ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

@Geddes , are your photos taken with a 500D? They're stunning!

I'm using a 500D with a Sigma 17-50mm lens, and I'm not 100% happy with my photos, they don't seem sharp enough for me (trying various different settings). I'm itching to get something bigger/newer (like a 7D (mk1/2) or 70D), without going full frame.

Snapped this last night. I've become obsessed with the film look, not sure if it's working though...
18861257230_509d6752f3_k.jpg
Movie Night by Chris J, on Flickr

I was in St Ives last week, and the subject of every photo was my 16 month old son:
19023189086_203939f9fd_k.jpg
Untitled by Chris J, on Flickr

18993557982_ae4d10e4af_k.jpg

18861839400_00a5c4fcc4_k.jpg

19052430021_66c4c49fe8_k.jpg

This is my favorite of the week:
18972759346_503fb484a6_k.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
@C.J Alright,

Yeah i'm using the 500D now with a Canon 24-105mm L lens , i did see an improvement going from kit lens to my new lens like. But it's all about shooting in RAW and editing them on Photoshop i've got the Elements 11 for nothing which i'm lucky it's made a big difference but been using it for 6 months now and only past week i've found out new things to improve the detailing and noise reduction on the files but there's still a lot on it that i haven't touched on it and there's nothing that i've found on youtube which will help me. I would like the Photoshop Lightroom but that's £100 area. Even DPP the Canon editing software is ok but limited on what you can do.

The settings i've got on which you have too is the Evaluative Metering, you need that on, i've got it in Neutral "N" "Picture Style" and change to colours in the editing stage i did have it in "S" Standerd for a long time from new then changed it to "L" Landscape to give it more colour but it's in "N" now. It is nice to get a new camera as i would like the 6D or 5DIII most likely be the 6D as it's got a bigger sensor which you will see improvements. I'd try and use the DPP or get yourself the Photoshop Elements 13 or something that will enhance your pics that's what i've been doing but i've got a long way to go on editing i'm still not very good with it.

the 7Dmk2 it's basicly got 10fps which is great for motorsport or fast moving stuff, if your just like me just a one click guy, i'd save some money and go for the 70D. Or just save up and get a 6D down the line i'm still really happy with my 500D.

Nice pictures by the way and i really like the blue and white onesie really cool. i want one

Reactions: C.J
  Cayman S Edition 1
@C.J Alright,

Yeah i'm using the 500D now with a Canon 24-105mm L lens , i did see an improvement going from kit lens to my new lens like. But it's all about shooting in RAW and editing them on Photoshop i've got the Elements 11 for nothing which i'm lucky it's made a big difference but been using it for 6 months now and only past week i've found out new things to improve the detailing and noise reduction on the files but there's still a lot on it that i haven't touched on it and there's nothing that i've found on youtube which will help me. I would like the Photoshop Lightroom but that's £100 area. Even DPP the Canon editing software is ok but limited on what you can do.

The settings i've got on which you have too is the Evaluative Metering, you need that on, i've got it in Neutral "N" "Picture Style" and change to colours in the editing stage i did have it in "S" Standerd for a long time from new then changed it to "L" Landscape to give it more colour but it's in "N" now. It is nice to get a new camera as i would like the 6D or 5DIII most likely be the 6D as it's got a bigger sensor which you will see improvements. I'd try and use the DPP or get yourself the Photoshop Elements 13 or something that will enhance your pics that's what i've been doing but i've got a long way to go on editing i'm still not very good with it.

the 7Dmk2 it's basicly got 10fps which is great for motorsport or fast moving stuff, if your just like me just a one click guy, i'd save some money and go for the 70D. Or just save up and get a 6D down the line i'm still really happy with my 500D.

Nice pictures by the way and i really like the blue and white onesie really cool. i want one
Have you considered subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud? Its £8 something a month for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC.

@C.J Alright,

Cheers for the feedback.

All of my photos are loaded onto the iPad from the SD card and edited in the Snapseed app. I should probably think about using the laptop, it's more than capable.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Have you considered subscribing to the Adobe Creative Cloud? Its £8 something a month for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC.

I think i'm going have to buy it out right, something long term. Haven't been looking at the CC just the Lightroom, i don't know much about them both but Lightroom is a very much a go to editing tool. which is my sort of price range. It is handy for someone who just wants it for the odd group of pictures every odd month. Once i'll have it i'll be having it for a while as i won't get the next version when it comes straight out on release.

Cayman S Edition 1
I think i'm going have to buy it out right, something long term. Haven't been looking at the CC just the Lightroom, i don't know much about them both but Lightroom is a very much a go to editing tool. which is my sort of price range. It is handy for someone who just wants it for the odd group of pictures every odd month. Once i'll have it i'll be having it for a while as i won't get the next version when it comes straight out on release.
No probs!

I tend to use Photoshop more for editing with additional plugins, and use LR for histogram / tone balance etc. So the package is ideal for me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
No probs!

I tend to use Photoshop more for editing with additional plugins, and use LR for histogram / tone balance etc. So the package is ideal for me.

Going from Elements to the big photoshop is a bit too much for me. I think LR will suit me to the ground. I'm still learning Photoshop and there's loads of improvement on my editing skills. Think it will be in the next couple months when i'll be looking to purchase.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
@Geddes , are your photos taken with a 500D? They're stunning!

I'm using a 500D with a Sigma 17-50mm lens, and I'm not 100% happy with my photos, they don't seem sharp enough for me (trying various different settings). I'm itching to get something bigger/newer (like a 7D (mk1/2) or 70D), without going full frame.

Snapped this last night. I've become obsessed with the film look, not sure if it's working though...
18861257230_509d6752f3_k.jpg
Movie Night by Chris J, on Flickr

I was in St Ives last week, and the subject of every photo was my 16 month old son:
19023189086_203939f9fd_k.jpg

18993557982_ae4d10e4af_k.jpg

18861839400_00a5c4fcc4_k.jpg

19052430021_66c4c49fe8_k.jpg

This is my favorite of the week:
18972759346_503fb484a6_k.jpg
Instead of buying a new camera, it is recommended to make a focus test. You can find thousand articles on the web how to do it. It may be back or front focused or simply it is not enough sharp at wide aperture (it's 'only' a Sigma).

Reactions: C.J

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
18908895339_4dc90979b4_z.jpg
River Wear Spennymoor by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
tried "Standard" picture style for the first time today for a while, i think i might go back to "Neutral" i think there's a bit too much colour after i edit it. I prefer Neutral now i think. I noticed there's a big spike on the left hand side of the histogram. Think it's the Blue i tried to correct it but not too sure what i was doing.

Instead of buying a new camera, it is recommended to make a focus test. You can find thousand articles on the web how to do it. It may be back or front focused or simply it is not enough sharp at wide aperture (it's 'only' a Sigma).
Would you agree that my photos look out of focus/not sharp enough for the kit I'm using?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Would you agree that my photos look out of focus/not sharp enough for the kit I'm using?
Most of them looks out of focus. It is enough easy to make this mistake with wide aperture if you move the camera after it has already focused. Therefore it would be good if you could make a focus test.

Most of them looks out of focus. It is enough easy to make this mistake with wide aperture if you move the camera after it has already focused. Therefore it would be good if you could make a focus test.
Thanks for that, I've downloaded a couple of test prints and will try later this week.

None of the photos I take are 'still' so I'm not sure if it's me, the camera or my son moving too quick.

Mini GP2
I don't want to clog this thread up, so I've replied in the other here with the focus test.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Attachments

• 19158227922_04d48376e3_o.jpg
    19158227922_04d48376e3_o.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 33

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Sorry another wedding shot, thought I would share.. this shot in a group on Facebook has racked up over 200 likes, my most popular photo to date!

11174216_592328380906297_2012774332597006574_o.jpg